Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Taintrunner posted:

Hillary should be locked up for supporting the Iraq War

True, but that's hardly specific to her alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Medicare for All has now been endorsed by four of the five Democrats in the Senate who identify as people of color.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

docbeard posted:

Is this some kind of weird performance art where you demonstrate how objectionable racism is by mapping that sort of awful stereotyping onto a different group?

The difference is cousinfuckers objectively deserve scorn and ostracism for their terrible beliefs.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/senatorbaldwin/status/907638758555746305

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Supporting MfA is the easiest political calculation any Democrat could make right now, and Pelosi still flubbed it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I still maintain that Fugitive Hillary, where she shows up in a different rural town every week and gets caught up in local problems and maybe learns an important lesson about Helping People and Not Blaming Everyone Else For Your Problems while evading the ICE Troopers of Attorney General Arpaio would make for dynamite television.

There'd be an episode where she and Bernie are handcuffed together while on the run.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

imagine if y'all got as easily rustled about the real victims of the economy instead of Jed Clampet pro-shootin at some food

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

True, but that's hardly specific to her alone.

lock them all up

also firing line the bush administration

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
zegermans do you live in the east because if so i'm going to stick with teaching for at least a decade to teach your daughter proper revolutionary thinking

Serf
May 5, 2011

also love the conflation of "rural" with "white"

most poor country folks i know around here are black

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

zegermans do you live in the east because if so i'm going to stick with teaching for at least a decade to teach your daughter proper revolutionary thinking

I live in Southern Illinois. I see more confederate flags in a day than some parts of Richmond saw during the war.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

imagine if y'all got as easily rustled about the real victims of the economy instead of Jed Clampet pro-shootin at some food

Did your wife forget to kiss you while leaving on your way to your soulless job plucking porcine eyeballs today?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

this is my favorite centrist tactic it's the best

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did your wife forget to kiss you while leaving on your way to your soulless job plucking porcine eyeballs today?

tbh I'm glad for that job because it's really helped my dexterity for non-ridiculously tiny things

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zegermans posted:

I live in Southern Illinois. I see more confederate flags in a day than some parts of Richmond saw during the war.

oh well, i did want to get a Ph.D before turning 40 anyway

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The "real victims of the economy" are everyone but like six people.

Serf
May 5, 2011

docbeard posted:

The "real victims of the economy" are everyone but like six people.

its also funny because the rural poor have been incredibly hurt by the failure of capitalism

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I guess I just don't have a lot of empathy for white people who can't succeed in a white supremacist police state and blame the oppressed minorities for it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
good afternoon

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

zegermans posted:

I guess I just don't have a lot of empathy for white people who can't succeed in a white supremacist police state and blame the oppressed minorities for it.

gently caress off zegermans

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

good afternoon

please don't bring this fire hazard into this thread with all the strawmen

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

good afternoon

lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oops. Meant to post that in the Trump thread. Looks like I've made a bit of a mistake with posting content online.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Joementum posted:

Oops. Meant to post that in the Trump thread. Looks like I've made a bit of a mistake with posting content online.

Your brand will never recover.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

gently caress off zegermans

Xe isn't wrong lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

poor cyrus, caught capitalism and forgot blacks are human

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

even if she said more populist stuff during the campaign there was zero reason to think she'd follow through

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Your brand will never recover.

We can't all be the (unconstitutional) coast guard.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lol that Nancy is gonna seal herself in the tomb with a mediocre healthcare bill

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

zegermans posted:

I love when you find increasingly obtuse and elaborate ways to agree with people, which I feel is the highest level of contrarianposting.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

My god you're dumb

You're doing the exact same thing but feel all sanctimonious about lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zegermans posted:

poor cyrus, caught capitalism and forgot blacks are human

I mean yes? how do you think American slavery started

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Serf posted:

also love the conflation of "rural" with "white"

most poor country folks i know around here are black

like most liberals, zegermans only figures business owners and technocrats into his calculations

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/LsUEXBb.gifv

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

what's this from anyway

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what's this from anyway

Apocalypse Now, you uncultured swine!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Let's spare a moment to talk about the peepee that matters to Americans

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

like most liberals, zegermans only figures business owners and technocrats into his calculations

his erasure of black people from rural communities is amazing

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

lol, you're just ignorant and trying so hard to be woke

The first real victims of the American economy were white farmers in Pennsylvania who got hosed by the Hamilton/Washington tax on whiskey. It was essentially an income tax because poor whites used whiskey to trade. Even men of the cloth used whiskey as currency. Their protest on the tax was quickly quashed by Washington and Co. (Washington went on build a distillery and make a pretty penny because the tax was less harsh on big distillers).

The "real victims of the economy" have always been the poor, and poor whites have always made up the majority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

white sauce posted:

My god you're dumb

You're doing the exact same thing but feel all sanctimonious about lmao

But are you sure that post isn't performance art aimed at ridiculing idpol through several levels of irony?

• Locked thread