Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bungie: "My account was hacked"

Actually it's "a staffing issue".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Yeah, that twitter screenshot got posted while I was typing that. Glad I was wrong, though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yo is there a way to play a strike needed for a quest or am i to be trapped in eternal hell trying to get the extremely lovely Sturm?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Anyone have a link to the kek gauntlets?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Barudak posted:

Yo is there a way to play a strike needed for a quest or am i to be trapped in eternal hell trying to get the extremely lovely Sturm?

i don't remember having any trouble getting sturm. it should appear on your map, but i'm pretty sure it's a mission or quest or whatever and not a strike.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

There should be a nav point for that strike specifically on Nessus now.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Realpostin Bungie loving rules and it's genuinely heartening to see people in this thread kicking off about incel nazi bullshit turning up in this game. :unsmith:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Actually it's "a staffing issue".

After an internal audit and an external audit by the law firm Wilson Sonsini, we have determined that the KeK Gauntlet texture was crafted by a 3rd Party Contractor at Texture Staffing Solutions LLC. Bungie has terminated its contract with this company and will not use it in the future. Here at Bungie there is no place for hate *external company reincorporates and provides services to Bungie under new structure, but with a contact more favorable to management on both sides*

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the world is full of actual problems, pretend nazi manchildren and the sheltered bitches complaining about them aren't one of them.
Except you, you're poo poo dude

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Shameless cross post: I'm trying to set up a launch raid for tomorrow at 1pm on PS4!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't remember having any trouble getting sturm. it should appear on your map, but i'm pretty sure it's a mission or quest or whatever and not a strike.

at one point in the quest it gets you to do a strike, but it doesn't actually make it apparent it is a strike. Where you have to inspect failsafe's aft, and fight the fallen dude who turns invisible.

Bad: it's a strike and you might end up doing it solo which is a slog

Good: for the quest you don't actually have to beat the boss, just get up to right before him which is easy solo

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't play the first one but I keep hearing great things about this game. I really don't like Halo - is this different enough to be fun?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Looks like we have the raid being patched in atm. 5GB patch downloading right now. Hype drive engage!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

There should be a nav point for that strike specifically on Nessus now.

Thank god.

I tried doing it through strike roulette and after 4 back to back Savathun and then 3 back to back Citadel I broke and went to bed.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/907648309740822528

maintenance was to remove the kek gear, confirmed

http://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?lang=en

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

d3lness posted:

Looks like we have the raid being patched in atm. 5GB patch downloading right now. Hype drive engage!

God dammit, my day off to play and we get 4 hours and server maintenance and another two hours of patch download.

I hate that Bungie keeps saying "hotfix" when they mean "gigantic loving patch." Hotfixes happen on the back end.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I didn't play the first one but I keep hearing great things about this game. I really don't like Halo - is this different enough to be fun?

its a pretty good halo

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Barudak posted:

You can pick it right off the map, blue banner. Also, you don't have to finish the Strike, just get to the big dark room and kill the yellow bar Servitor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Little Mac posted:

Do you enjoy shooting things? Would some light mmo elements help you shoot the same things more? If so, hop in.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Little Mac posted:

What didn't you like about Halo? The shooting mechanics are mostly identical except you have superpowers now, the game structure is RPG progression and world exploration rather than linear FPS, and the story is way more wacked-out sci fi weirdness.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

d3lness posted:

Can confirm. 1.03 is now available on PS4 and is 4.795GB

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
it only downloaded 50mb for me?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

it only downloaded 50mb for me?

Hell, same

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Javes posted:

Anyone have a link to the kek gauntlets?

Sunday, at 9:00PM, Waffle House shitposts in an obscure discord

By Tuesday, the Kek is absolutely purged

https://twitter.com/NotPunkAnymore/status/907648907160821761

Waffle Magic®

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Maintenance got pushed back an hour too, it looks like.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Waffle House posted:

Sunday, at 9:00PM, Waffle House shitposts in an obscure discord

By Tuesday, the Kek is absolutely purged

https://twitter.com/NotPunkAnymore/status/907648907160821761

Waffle Magic®

iirc my response was just "ughhhh"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Funkmaster General posted:

I was looking around to find the image to post here, but it seems like nobody else is talking about this anywhere - this thread is the only place I can find anything about it. Arguing about whether it was intentional or not is pointless, but it seems pretty clear that the number of people who noticed it either way is pretty low. That also means the chance that it'll be changed seems pretty low, at least until someone makes a stink about it somewhere more visible.

edit: Whelp, timing lol. Glad to be wrong on this one; I just want to wear those cool arm blades without having anyone think I'm some /pol/ shithead.

Swordflight arms from the crucible also has the arm blades and a sweet two-headed phoenix

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC5CyXpcXKQ

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I also got the 50mb tiny patch, on Xbox. Hope that was just it, rather than having the 5gb patch not roll out until after maintenance ends. Gonna go do something other than wait for the game to come back up, I guess.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blind Rasputin posted:

Actually your brain is programmed to see anything you program it to see.

Ie:

gently caress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Legs Benedict posted:

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/907648309740822528

maintenance was to remove the kek gear, confirmed

im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this guy thought Randal's idea to "take back porchmonkey" was a great idea

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Legs Benedict posted:

iirc my response was just "ughhhh"

4chan's decision to fully embrace the al-Qaeda mindset just with My Whiteness™ as their prime motivator was one of the worst decisions an internet hive mind has ever made imo

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

eonwe posted:

gently caress.

I didn't get it until I saw this reply.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
birb hard

https://i.imgur.com/OgEmgtB.gifv

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the normalization of radical white supremacists is a very real problem that actually exists and affects tons of people beyond 'sheltered bitches' lmao shut the gently caress up you moron

I'm with you bro. Let's not forget that these apparently sheltered, harmless neckbeards gathered enough at one point to murder a woman in cold blood out in the open. Don't normalize this poo poo. Bungo is doing the right thing and is being lightning quick about it too. Good for them.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's ARPG progression to be more specific. Gameplay loop is about getting gonna to do harder content to get more guns.

Like it's FUN content with s great cast and stuff but it's still about that loot.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us