Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Available for the same price? Automatic upgrade to 4K? That's not too bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Wait superheros are protecting banks from being robbed now? Who gives the gently caress if someone robs a bank at night besides the bank?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

fivehead posted:

Nothing has dolby vision support yet

The Netflix app on lg oleds has dolby vision. Denon receivers can also pass through DV

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

how are our internet tubes gonna fit all this 4k

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
They should make an app that blind tests you at normal viewing distance and if you can't tell the difference between 1080 and 4k, it laughs at you.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
You have to have a 4k TV for this to work right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Goddamnit, just give me a Prime video app for my AppleTV :argh:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
ANIMELAB!

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

live sports?

gently caress they just sold a lot of ATVs lol

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
ANIME LAB

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress have they not gotten the Amazon Prime Video app for the Apple TV ready yet?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
If I wasn't so bought into Amazon poo poo, I'd consider moving to Apple for that poo poo alone.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
What if I am not a huge sports fan like your fat rear end, what if I am just an average-sized sports fan?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
AMAZON

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

4k live sports would be pretty crazy, is that what they're offering though? can't figure it out

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Live sports? That's a big deal

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I'm probably missing something fundamental, but why do I want an Apple TV if I have a PS4 that already has Netflix and Amazon etc apps?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like the sports features.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Vegetable posted:

4k live sports would be pretty crazy, is that what they're offering though? can't figure it out

gently caress no.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Pakistani Brad Pitt”" post="“476327436”"]
I’m probably missing something fundamental, but why do I want an Apple TV if I have a PS4 that already has Netflix and Amazon etc apps?
[/quote]

Network apps for live TV (not sure if the PS4 has those too)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I'm probably missing something fundamental, but why do I want an Apple TV if I have a PS4 that already has Netflix and Amazon etc apps?
4K HIGH DYNAMIC RA--oh wait the PS4 already does that

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

You dont

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Works nicely if you're already invested in the ecosystem, but if you're not its just a gloried Roku

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
wait how exactly does this live sports thing work and how are canadians going to get hosed out of it?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Automatic 4K upgrade is huge for me. I have arounf 150 movies on iTunes. Fuckin' a

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So like all these sports are subscription based right?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I look forward to having to subscribe to each channel for sports at $20 a month.

Ha ha who am I kidding this is Canada it will be $30 a month per channel.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Super Mario Run 2, here we go guys.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

If you have a TV that has 4K + HDR, you wouldn't even need the PS4.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

i already can watch live sports on all my devices tho it just costs a lot

what is it that they're adding ?? other than integrating it with apple pay and poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m still loving dying at the fact Macs still have no HomeKit support.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Rick Sanchez posted:

Automatic 4K upgrade is huge for me. I have arounf 150 movies on iTunes. Fuckin' a

Doesn't mean all the movies are 4k.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
No one over the age of 12 plays loving games on an AppleTV. Jesus.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

if i name my kid Jenova please kill me

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
awwwwwww sheettttt

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, which game company?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

prom candy posted:

wait how exactly does this live sports thing work and how are canadians going to get hosed out of it?

I assume it's just showing the available sports streams from the WatchESPN/FoxSportsGo/etc. apps.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, which game company?

People who made Journey

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

priznat posted:

I look forward to having to subscribe to each channel for sports at $20 a month.

Ha ha who am I kidding this is Canada it will be $30 a month per channel.

its like 200$/season for nhl at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Vegetable posted:

What is crazy that this sports obsessed nation still doesn't have 4K sports, when countries in Europe have been doing it for years.

• Locked thread