Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what are some other VNs that are as good as Steins;Gate? by that i mean like, really decent art and actually interesting story. aside from Phoenix Wright and such the only one i can recall playing and liking was Ever17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

precision posted:

what are some other VNs that are as good as Steins;Gate? by that i mean like, really decent art and actually interesting story. aside from Phoenix Wright and such the only one i can recall playing and liking was Ever17

The Zero Escape games are really drat good. Also, Hatoful Boyfriend.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

precision posted:

The House in Fata Morgana

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Danganronpa 1/2 are pretty good

Does Life is Strange count as a VN

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Life is Strange wouldn't count as a VN because it features too much fast-paced bottle collecting gameplay.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sometimes I think about Hotel Dusk and remember that it apparently had a sequel that didn't have any of the words from the original in its title and also didn't come to North America and I should really track that down but then I immediately forget about it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

precision posted:

Defintiely Fata Morgana. Higurashi and Umineko are also favorites of mine but they don't really have decent art unless you track down PS3 sprite patches for them (not that hard) and Higurashi has some serious pacing/tone problems in its first couple of chapters.

Saint Freak posted:

Sometimes I think about Hotel Dusk and remember that it apparently had a sequel that didn't have any of the words from the original in its title and also didn't come to North America and I should really track that down but then I immediately forget about it.
Last Window. It's pretty good! At the very least a much better sequel than that Wii Trace Memory game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've played Danganronpa, Hotel Dusk, Zero Escape, and I've gotten like 6 of the Hatoful Boyfriend endings :)

lets hang out posted:

The House in Fata Morgana

but not this one, thanks!

also i just remembered i never finished Pagan Rand No 2 and keep meaning to get the PS4 collection before 3 comes out

edit: ohhhhh Trace Memory was so good, but i thought of it more as a puzzle game with a good story than a VN per se

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Nate RFB posted:

Last Window. It's pretty good! At the very least a much better sequel than that Wii Trace Memory game.

I just broke down and imported it while I'm actually thinking about it.

Hopefully no one just found out there's a second game from my post because I may have just bought the only copy on Amazon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ghost Trick

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm glad my employer considers unpaid leave to be the same as paternity leave. Super glad to make the choice between helping care for my child and paying my bills

:capitalism:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ps4 ratchet and clank was v. good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Ghost Trick

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
played Ghost Trick, loved it, but lost our cart of it before i could beat it :(

man S;G is great

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Apple event showing an AR moba. It's like you're inside the moba.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

Apple event showing an AR moba. It's like you're inside the moba.

It looks so bad and cements the fact that VR is the future in this stupid slapfight.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Taintrunner posted:

It looks so bad and cements the fact that VR is the future in this stupid slapfight.

VR for entertainment, AR for everything else.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The last thing I want to do when I'm playing a game is make reality part of it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i sure hope vr isnt the future, im blind in one eye and am incapable of using it well

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

VR for entertainment, AR for everything else.

Hold on let me spin around in a circle holding my phone up to my face so I can check baseball stats I am an extremely normal person

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

Mods rename me videojuegos.
Done

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ostentatious posted:

i sure hope vr isnt the future, im blind in one eye and am incapable of using it well

I suffer from vertigo and motion sickness and VR is not a future I can be a part of

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Va11 Hall-A

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was just talking to someone about Impossible Mission on the C-64, and it made me think of how the same guy seemed to do voice samples for every C-64 game. In particular, I know this death scream was used in a few different games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0U6h5mvr9E
https://youtu.be/XEr4rNB0wCQ?t=7m8s

Are there any of those video game history sites with any info on who that guy is? A couple minutes of googling turned up nothing for me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

chumbler posted:

Va11 Hall-A

VA-11 Hall-A's good. I actually ordered the vinyl for it, not realizing that it was a) not pressed yet and b) coming from the other side of the world. Just been staring at that order confirmation for like 3+ months now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Taintrunner posted:

Hold on let me spin around in a circle holding my phone up to my face so I can check baseball stats I am an extremely normal person

Hold on let me shut off my vision and hearing anywhere that isn't inside my own house I'm sure this is perfectly sensible and safe

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

Hold on let me shut off my vision and hearing anywhere that isn't inside my own house I'm sure this is perfectly sensible and safe

Yeah it's totally fine actually as I've had a Rift for months now and no issues

http://store.steampowered.com/app/615070/Dealey_Plaza_Paintball/

quote:

Play multi-player paintball in VR or take a virtual tour of where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dealey Plaza located in Dallas, Texas.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do you have to buy the PC a second seat

Where does the stadium make you put the sensors

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/907648309740822528

Bungie posted:

hate symbol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJkdRaa04g

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

Do you have to buy the PC a second seat

Where does the stadium make you put the sensors

Oculus has a magical little dingy called the "Guardian" system, it helps you set up a blue grid to keep you from smashing into anything. Even in a small apartment it's incredibly flexible. Unless you're living in an actual closet it's totally fine. Vive actually has a camera that bleeds the feed into your VR view in case you come within boundaries. Also if you're playing so loud that you can't hear anything around you, that's neither healthy in VR or flatscreen gaming.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I don't understand any of this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The guardian system isn't picking up the people in the seats on either side of me, and it tells me the walls are 400 feet away which is too much, help

(maybe you should google the MLB AR app)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

raditts posted:

It is hilariously similar to the kekistan flag

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

it's better that way; trust me

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hope it was worth it to that guy to lose his job

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well I just looked up Kekistan and are you kidding me

I have been meaning to get around to reading Angela Nagle's Kill All Normies and this is probably a good time for that

Edit: Also now I choose to believe that when they were talking about "kek" in Persona 5 this is actually what they were referring to

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 12, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah it's totally fine actually as I've had a Rift for months now and no issues

And you wear it outside the house?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I actually don't go anywhere without my Rift. VR is the future of technology and the future of gaming. It provides a perfect virtual space to inhabit and conduct my daily life in and it shelters me from the harmful world surrounding my physical body in many ways. I feel safe with the helmet on. I feel protected with the helmet on. The helmet gives me joy and life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
HELP ME IT'S CONTROLLING ME SOS SOS I CAN'T SEE OR FEEL I'VE SEEN THINGS BEYOND THIS NATURAL WORLD DON'T WEAR THE OCULUS RIF

• Locked thread