Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Giant Isopod posted:

What are those purple banners from? I like 'em and could use some more decorative bits

Venerable Dreadnought kit I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Giant Isopod posted:

What are those purple banners from? I like 'em and could use some more decorative bits

Yeah, Venerable Dreadnought kit. You can actually buy just the accessories off eBay for a couple bucks. I bought 3 sets.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

goose willis posted:

You know what? Let's have a little survey here.

Respond to this post with all armies that you officially play with, meaning you can field one in a legal match under current rules.

Deathwatch
Inquisition
T'au Empire
Ynnari
Genestealer Cults
Talons of the Emperor (My 30k army ported over, just give us our FW toys already)
Night Lords (Somewhere deep in the depths of my garage)
Death Guard (Soon™)

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 12, 2017

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

goose willis posted:

Respond to this post with all armies that you officially play with, meaning you can field one in a legal match under current rules.

Space Marines (Homebrew Raven Guard Successor Chapter)
Imperial Guard
Inquisition (By which I mean, I've got a couple of Inquisitors, some Assassins, some dudes for Acolytes, and enough Guard and/or Marines to fill out a legal army)

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Eldar

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

goose willis posted:

Space Marines
Imperium (mixed Ministorum, Astra Telepathica, Inquisition)
Deathwatch Kill Team
Iron Warriors

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

goose willis posted:

Orks
Space Marines
Iron Warriors

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

goose willis posted:

Imperial Guard
Raven Guard (Space Marines)
Grey Guard Knights

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I have Dark Eldar

and

Space Wolves

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Ultramarines 30k/40k
Imperial stew
Deathwatch are a project army that I drip and drab as it occurs to me

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 12, 2017

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Y'all are monsters, all I have are Necrons. Tomb Kings in Space are pretty sweet :unsmith:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Second hand, but my usual opponents (none of whom are on SA) are:

Dark Eldar

Necrons & Deathwatch

Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
AdMech.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Squats

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Mentor Leion SM.

Chaos Marines, enough to do either as CSM or pure Death Guard.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Currently playable:
Black Templars (the only army I've played heavily in 8th)
Ultramarines (I played em once this edition but loved them in 7th)
Dark Angels (started on a whim in 6th when the starter set came out)
Crimson Fists (my 5th ed army, haven't touched em since early 6th)
Valhallans (Played a ton of them in 6th, a bit in 7th, only once in 8th so far)
Iron Wariors (another 5th ed army, played a bunch of them in 6th)
Blood Axes (it's me, the guy who started Orks in 7th and actually did well with them)
30k Ultramarines (waiting on 30k to be in 8th ed)

Used to play:
Imperial Guard (a mix of Cadian/Catachan/Steel Legion, still got em all, need to repurpose their vehicles for my Valhallans)
Space Wolves (stopped in 5th when they got a good codex, I liked their weird 3rd ed pamphlet)
Dark Angels (painted in high school for 4th edition, ugly but I still got em)
Orks (Da Dezz'Urt Ratz, all speedpainted and lovely looking, sold them)
Ultramarines (babby's first army)

For shits and giggles I tried to start Nids, Tau, and Eldar in mid 5th, late 5th, and early 6th edition respectively, but the inspiration just wasn't there.

Up next after the Templars are Primaris Blood Ravens.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dark Angels
Tyranids
Chaos Marines

8th edition is the first time any of my armies have been good since 4th edition. :shepface:

I also have 30k Dark Angels who are the Worst Legion.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Current armies:
Orks
Salamanders
Chaos Marines / Daemon mixed force
A handful of assorted Imperial Agents / Inquisitors

Old armies:
Hellbats Marines (probably still playable)
Imperial Guard (Catachans, sole these years ago)

Planned future armies:
Deathwatch
Imperial Guard

Started but never went anywhere:
Tau
Tyranids

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

Oh, so I can just pay $17 for that back mounted rocket launcher?

The back mounted missile launcher, the Gatling cannon that is the best gun, and the power fist nobody uses because it's bad.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
gently caress this list. It's made me remember that I haven't finished an army in literally years.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

gently caress this list. It's made me remember that I haven't finished an army in literally years.

Me to buddy. I thought I'd finished my Deathwatch, then GW just had to FAQ Primaris as available units and oh oh where did my cash go.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

I want to second the dude who suggested that you speed up your play if you are on the winning side. Hell, even if I'm not mad about losing, it sucks when you're losing badly *and* your opponent is taking forever to do minute poo poo, manage things that don't matter, roll dice like an rear end in a top hat, etc.

On the flip side, if you're in a casual setting, it might be worth offering to just reset and start a new game, if you have time. 40k games still take considserable time, space, and prep work and most of the time I'd rather concede and start a new game than grind out a hopeless cause. Don't smugly ask your opponent if he or she wants to concede, though.
Want to emphasize these two points - these are exactly the two things I was about to sit and type up, so instead I'll just quote Chirurgeon for emphasis.

For content, I'm making a big dumb moose daemon to lead my forest daemons army. It's based on the mascot for Baxter Brewing Company from Maine:

He'll be leading a bunch of shooty treemen and spooky forest things. These guys will all be on a big base as a Maulerfiend (I can remove treemen as it gets wounded to track what "power tier" it's on) or I can field them separately as Obliterators.

Hope to have actual painted things soon - these daemons and some other conversions have been distracting me from the few 90%-done minis I have staring up at me pitifully.

EDIT: Oh, and all my armies...

- Tyanids
- Eldar
- Imperial Guard (Catachan)
- Grey Knights (Squats)
- Daemons (Jungle Treemen Daemons)
- Genestealer Cult
- Assorted one-off Imperial units as allies

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 12, 2017

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

goose willis posted:

Right now:

Guard/Renegades & Heretics
Vanilla Marines (unpainted however)
Nighthaunt (Death faction in AoS)

Prior to 8th add in Inquisition.

Before that go all the way back to 3rd and toss in another version of IG and also Dark Eldar.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

goose willis posted:

Imperial Guard.

That's about it really.
I've got some Blood Ravens but that's only two small Combat Squads and a Contemptor dread. Have a commander (or three) in various disassembled stages alongside three or so squads.
It's legal but its a giant hot mess of stuff.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Felime posted:

The back mounted missile launcher, the Gatling cannon that is the best gun, and the power fist nobody uses because it's bad.

I guess if I'm already in for $140 another 17 doesn't matter.

Still want to know which flavor of stompy boy compliments shooty Marines or Storm Troopers. Also which flavor is the biggest tryhard middle finger.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
40k:

Blood Angels
Raven Guard
Death Guard
Orks
Nids

Plus whatever the hell I decide to make all my Primaris stuff

30k:

Blood Angels
Sons of Horus
(Dark) Mechanicum

Plus some Death Guard crap

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Quick question about transports:

The Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus is listed as heavy support, not a dedicated transport. Does this mean it can't start the game with embarked units the way normal transports can? I know this is probably answered in the rules, but I can't find it.

goose willis posted:

Current legal armies:
Sisters

Current probably-not-legal-but-lost-in-storage-anyway armies:
Tyranids

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BuffaloChicken posted:

Want to emphasize these two points - these are exactly the two things I was about to sit and type up, so instead I'll just quote Chirurgeon for emphasis.

For content, I'm making a big dumb moose daemon to lead my forest daemons army. It's based on the mascot for Baxter Brewing Company from Maine:

I loving love this moose demon. More of that as you do more work on it please!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Emperor's Children :sparkles:

T'au :jeb:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Giant Isopod posted:

Quick question about transports:

The Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus is listed as heavy support, not a dedicated transport. Does this mean it can't start the game with embarked units the way normal transports can? I know this is probably answered in the rules, but I can't find it.

Current legal armies:
Sisters

Current probably-not-legal-but-lost-in-storage-anyway armies:
Tyranids

No, the rules specify "transports" not "dedicated transports" when they talk about setting up with units embarked.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Corrode posted:

No, the rules specify "transports" not "dedicated transports" when they talk about setting up with units embarked.

Ah-ha, I was just looking at it in battlescribe which doesn't have the keywords, thank you!

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The only thing Dedicated Transport means now is that they don't take up a slot for any other role and you can only buy one per other unit in your army. It has no bearing on who can ride in it anymore.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Imperial Guard (with some inquisition/assassins/ministorum units)
Eldar (craftworld, some converted harlequin and corsair models)

Had Thousnad Sons and Dark Eldar as a kid, sold them years ago.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
cult dilemma. 5 aberrants (3 with picks and 2 with hammers) cost the same as 12 stealers. the picks are 1S (5) and 1AP (-2) better than stealers, and do D3 damage. hammers are S10 and poo poo but hitting on 4s. abberants also have an extra wound (2). stealers get an extra attack (3), re-roll 1s to hit, and do -4AP on 6s to wound. they also have their 5++ and can advance and charge in the same turn.

i think i know the answer, but ive already got a million stealers and the abberants are cool minis. help.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Bee posted:

I feel like the Raven Guard stratagem solves, like, every problem that the Primaris have. Namely, the lack of transports or long ranged toolboxes. That leaves their lack of anti vehicle as their only unaccounted for problem.a

I plan on address that with my special snowflake Primaris chapter with some sweet sweet Inquisitorial Vendettas.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Those death guard models are sweet looking as hell and I am already scheming up a list with as many power armoured death guard boys painted up in an iron warriors defect scheme that a guy in last months white dwarf did

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Here they are, soz for low phone quality

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That gray and green look really good.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

All the guys in the current four painters series are excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
- Assorted unpainted space marines because I'm indecisive/out of paint. Also a squad of blood ravens scouts.
- Salamanders
- 30k Imperial Fists
- Primaris Crimson Fists
- Grey Knights
- Dark Eldar
- Regular Eldar
- Mars Admech

Also access to Guard and Emperors Children.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 12, 2017