Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Vaal haste/cyclone/lightning trap, cwdt ic, warcries, all good options.

Molten Strike is a lot of fun because you throw a billion balls everywhere with dying sun up, and you can pretend it's a Brutus lead sprinkler build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

And vaal cyclone is great for mapping when you want to pause to poo poo up guild chat but don't want to stop hitting things.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

interrodactyl posted:

Molten Strike is a lot of fun because you throw a billion balls everywhere with dying sun up, and you can pretend it's a Brutus lead sprinkler build.

I just picked up the molten strike threshold gem, might use my facebreakers to build for that

vvv edit: drat, gonna have to rethink that then

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 12, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Don't think Molten Strike works Unarmed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tarezax posted:

I just picked up the molten strike threshold gem, might use my facebreakers to build for that

vvv edit: drat, gonna have to rethink that then

Active Skill Gems that are usable with Unarmed

Cyclone
Elemental Hit
Frenzy
Riposte
Vaal Cyclone
Ancestral Protector
Ancestral Warchief
Dominating Blow
Ice Crash
Infernal Blow
Reckoning
Shield Charge

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Active Skill Gems that are usable with Unarmed

Dominating Blow

Kinda want to make a Fight Club build now.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Decided to roll up what is almost certainly my last character of the league, an ele bladeflurry Raider.

Perandus Bank pops up in the Vaal Ruins.

Coughs up a Lioneye's Fall.

...might have to rethink my plans.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I've heard that you can't shock with starforge while you have resolute technique. Is that indeed the case?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mr. Whale posted:

I've heard that you can't shock with starforge while you have resolute technique. Is that indeed the case?
You can't shock with crits, because you can't crit. If you have flat chance to shock, like from a jewel, that can still apply. Source: my RT Starforge Slayer with a shock jewel.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
My Dark Pact Zerker based heavily on this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1966722 is definitely my most successful character now. Did shaper pretty easily. You really don't need crit on DP, just keep ramping up life.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Someone on Reddit found that Arcane Surge supports RF. And gives it the Duration tag. :stare:

Explain. RF isn't something you cast repeatedly so you can't really trigger Arcane Surge with it, so I'm guessing... you trigger the surge via a different skill and RF gains the Duration tag while surge is active? And that allows Swift Affliction to work on it or something?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

McFrugal posted:

Explain. RF isn't something you cast repeatedly so you can't really trigger Arcane Surge with it, so I'm guessing... you trigger the surge via a different skill and RF gains the Duration tag while surge is active? And that allows Swift Affliction to work on it or something?

Its some sort of bugged interaction where just by linking RF to arcane surge it gains the duration tag independent of having to proc the surge effect. Then you can support it with swift affliction or less duration or whatever

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

ShutteredIn posted:

My Dark Pact Zerker based heavily on this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1966722 is definitely my most successful character now. Did shaper pretty easily. You really don't need crit on DP, just keep ramping up life.

Would you say it's a better version of the build than this crit-focused one? I'm currently leveling with that guide but it's not too late to switch.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

interrodactyl posted:

Is Molten Strike actually any better single target with Ngamahu, or just different?

I'll probably try it tonight anyway, I just wish I could gently caress around in PoB at work :(

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Molten strike is probably better but cyclone is a lot more defensive and better overall.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Vulpes posted:

Would you say it's a better version of the build than this crit-focused one? I'm currently leveling with that guide but it's not too late to switch.

I would switch. That dude seems to be changing the build every other page. The key thing to focus on is getting life + chaos dam or area damage jewels as soon as possible for every slot. It isn't cheap but it makes all the difference.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TheRat posted:

Molten strike is probably better but cyclone is a lot more defensive and better overall.

I guess maybe I was just unlucky, but the proc rate--even with Cyclone--on Molten Burst seemed abysmally low against one target last night. I was thinking Molten Strike would ameliorate that. That and being able to use things like Wildfire and the +3 projectiles enchant, rather than... whatever you'd use for cyclone idk

Think I have about 88% accuracy, maybe that's not enough?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Vulpes posted:

I'd stay crit if you intend to spend more than 10ex on gear for that character. At the high end of gear, crit scales very well, and being able to wear Atziri's Acuity and refund Vaal Pact is a huge QoL upgrade.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

theshim posted:

Decided to roll up what is almost certainly my last character of the league, an ele bladeflurry Raider.

Perandus Bank pops up in the Vaal Ruins.

Coughs up a Lioneye's Fall.

...might have to rethink my plans.

if u just give it to me you won't have this problem

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I guess maybe I was just unlucky, but the proc rate--even with Cyclone--on Molten Burst seemed abysmally low against one target last night. I was thinking Molten Strike would ameliorate that. That and being able to use things like Wildfire and the +3 projectiles enchant, rather than... whatever you'd use for cyclone idk

Think I have about 88% accuracy, maybe that's not enough?

88% accuracy is borderline but should be fine. Make sure you click really close to your character when you spin. After that it's all about stacking attack speed everywhere (including jewels)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TheRat posted:

88% accuracy is borderline but should be fine. Make sure you click really close to your character when you spin. After that it's all about stacking attack speed everywhere (including jewels)

Speaking of, someone on Discord (maybe it was you, in fact) recommended not using Faster Attacks on 5L Cyclone. Why is that, if attack speed is the best thing since sliced bread?

Also I want to use Devoto's Devotion but resistances are hard :(

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Speaking of, someone on Discord (maybe it was you, in fact) recommended not using Faster Attacks on 5L Cyclone. Why is that, if attack speed is the best thing since sliced bread?

Because the alternatives are still more damage, and you can stack a LOT of attack speed outside the links.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Attack speed gets diminishing returns, so you stack it elsewhere and get damage with gems.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
so pokchu's starforge slayer is p nasty, even with a 5 link I managed to down all guardians and vaal temple at level 87

not deathless obv, my gear is p bad, but I never thought it would own so hard

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

so pokchu's starforge slayer is p nasty, even with a 5 link I managed to down all guardians and vaal temple at level 87

Slayer is a well rounded class and Starforge does a ton of damage so you shouldn't be too surprised.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Using a weapon that drops from the final boss of the endgame to clear content before the final boss of the endgame easily before ever fighting the final boss of the endgame is probably why GGG considers the trade situation right now a crisis

They're wrong and stupid but yeah

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
if they cared like that they could make shaper poo poo have a 85+ level req

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
dying sun the level 96 flask

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

A few searches didn't narrow this down, you got a link? Need a new build

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Has anyone played Dreamfeather QotF Spec Throw Raider? I need a fun mapping build for when I'm done with challenges.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

interrodactyl posted:

Has anyone played Dreamfeather QotF Spec Throw Raider? I need a fun mapping build for when I'm done with challenges.

I did that but Pathfinder, uh, last league I think? It's suuuuper fast and fun but a little fragile. Given your budget though I don't think you'll have that problem.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Does it still work well without poison?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It's ele now.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

So after doing a lot of skill variations, tree tweaks, and other fun things, I think I finalized my martyr of innocence inquisitor build. Its focus is almost entirely on using eye of innocence to trigger vengeance/CWDT setups and constantly buff myself and debuff enemies while setting everything including myself on fire. With a cool ~700c you can get the stuff for The Red Nightmare for a grand total of 63% base block chance and pretty much always be at 6 endurance charges, everything is consecrated ground, fortify is always up, a chaos golem is always up, the enemy is always blind, and it somehow has 11k armor because WHY NOT. Enfeeble (and a purity if it fits) will also be tossed in the mix once I get The Red Dream and can drop Warlord's Mark.

Here are a couple things I learned!
1. The built-in vengeance sucks for damage. By itself it maxes out around 60k every 1.2 seconds if you shove it full of supports. The utility on the otherhand is amazing since every vengeance is a six link, so you can toss CoH-curse, fortify, blind, pcoc-increased crit chance, culling strike, etc. If the slots aren't filled, you can toss aura/movement gems in there and just treat the vengeance like a free gem slot too.
2. Immortal call is terrible for this build, it pops off at random and essentially just acts to drain all your endurance charges during a boss fight that you can't get back because it keeps popping off. It makes you untouchable while clearing packs but those aren't a threat anyways.
3. Because the build has so much inherent flat fire damage and increased fire damage (the three necessary uniques give about 180% increased as a baseline), all the best improvements are multiplicative or attack speed based. Increased damage gives heavily diminished returns so the best passives are fire penetration, attack speed, crits, and accuracy. The heavy attack speed synergy is why vengeance sucks at damage, since it doesn't scale at all. Anger is still good for a 20% boost in DPS though.
4. Crit mechanics are stupid.

It's not at all how I thought the build would go, but the sheer amount of buffs and debuffs makes the build actually feel like a paladin.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 13, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also a similar build with juggernaut could turn immortal call from worthless into nearly permanent physical immunity.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

AnonSpore posted:

Using a weapon that drops from the final boss of the endgame to clear content before the final boss of the endgame easily before ever fighting the final boss of the endgame is probably why GGG considers the trade situation right now a crisis

They're wrong and stupid but yeah

This is definitely not the problem with trades. Plenty of players can't clear guardians even with a Starforge.

that said I'm dicking around with killing shaper (almost there) and guardians (already doable) at level 80 with no "endgame" gear at all. Need some tweaks to the build but it's already pretty fun (ele bladeflurry with a crazy claw, fwiw)

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ixjuvin posted:

I did that but Pathfinder, uh, last league I think? It's suuuuper fast and fun but a little fragile. Given your budget though I don't think you'll have that problem.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out whether to go flat ele or convert it, but none of the trees I've been able to come up with are very good. Send help.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Alright, gonna do a bow build instead of a blade flurry to make good use of that Lioneye's Fall I got. Thinking of just doing a maximum cold Raider bow build, which is depressingly similar to Mathil's latest. Anyone have a good guide or advice for it?

Mr. Despair posted:

Plenty of players can't clear guardians even with a Starforge.
don't doxx me

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Control Volume posted:

So after doing a lot of skill variations, tree tweaks, and other fun things, I think I finalized my martyr of innocence inquisitor build. Its focus is almost entirely on using eye of innocence to trigger vengeance/CWDT setups and constantly buff myself and debuff enemies while setting everything including myself on fire. With a cool ~700c you can get the stuff for The Red Nightmare for a grand total of 63% base block chance and pretty much always be at 6 endurance charges, everything is consecrated ground, fortify is always up, a chaos golem is always up, the enemy is always blind, and it somehow has 11k armor because WHY NOT. Enfeeble (and a purity if it fits) will also be tossed in the mix once I get The Red Dream and can drop Warlord's Mark.

Here are a couple things I learned!
1. The built-in vengeance sucks for damage. By itself it maxes out around 60k every 1.2 seconds if you shove it full of supports. The utility on the otherhand is amazing since every vengeance is a six link, so you can toss CoH-curse, fortify, blind, pcoc-increased crit chance, culling strike, etc. If the slots aren't filled, you can toss aura/movement gems in there and just treat the vengeance like a free gem slot too.
2. Immortal call is terrible for this build, it pops off at random and essentially just acts to drain all your endurance charges during a boss fight that you can't get back because it keeps popping off. It makes you untouchable while clearing packs but those aren't a threat anyways.
3. Because the build has so much inherent flat fire damage and increased fire damage (the three necessary uniques give about 180% increased as a baseline), all the best improvements are multiplicative or attack speed based. Increased damage gives heavily diminished returns so the best passives are fire penetration, attack speed, crits, and accuracy. The heavy attack speed synergy is why vengeance sucks at damage, since it doesn't scale at all. Anger is still good for a 20% boost in DPS though.
4. Crit mechanics are stupid.

It's not at all how I thought the build would go, but the sheer amount of buffs and debuffs makes the build actually feel like a paladin.

drat son, can you post a link or pob? that sounds stupid, and also, fun as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

Rarity: Rare
Vengeance Rosary
Amber Amulet
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
--------
Item Level: 79
--------
+21 to Strength
--------
24% increased Spell Damage
+26 to Strength
35% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+24 to maximum Energy Shield
9% increased maximum Energy Shield
+33% to Fire Resistance

Is this worth anything? Spell+crit+flat ES+increased ES sounds nice but the resists suck and there doesnt seem to be a ton of ES this league