Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah I definitely leveled my bards swimming and music skills overnight with melody and doing circles in felwithe (with an EB item on just in case something weird happened) on Phinny, must be a router or agnarr thing. Also leveled spells in the guild hall pool doing the same thing a few months ago.

TECHNICALLY automouse clicker is illegal for things like that but lol at the idea of getting banned for anything at this point that isn't basically game breaking cheating or stealing money from DBG. The amount of blatant afk macroquest groups on Firiona Vie was almost shocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Phinigel also had an activity kick during classic, but they removed it about halfway through, and yeah Agnarr has one prob until the population dies back down.

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

Is it worth it to join the latest server? Was considering it and wanted to make sure I wouldn't be coming into it too far behind...

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Depends on what your definition of behind is. Did you *need/want* a DE Guise? Too late. Did you want to exp and level in Kunark -> Velious zones? Perfect time.

If raiding is your thing, there is always the next expansion unlock to grind current expansion gear for. Lots of people are leveling alts after they get their raiding mains to 60. It's a very active server.

Also the best part about EQ (imo) is the leveling experience, and doing camps with some friends for RNG chances. You don't need to be bleeding edge for that, and if you do plan to play 10+ hour days, there are guilds for you that would love to put you on trial i'm sure.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 8, 2017

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'd probably join agnarr, yeah. Plenty of people to play with, good expansion now and another after. Plus if you get bored and want to play live it doesn't take long to surpass your character on agnarr at all. Plus I'd be shocked if they didn't let characters off the server when it's done releasing expansions.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

I rolled on agnarr like a week or two ago and am already 49; the game still holds up and velious is next up, join us friend.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Agnarr is fun. Getting to experience old content is era has been pretty legit. VP/HS keys are pretty aids though for those that want to do VP in era. If you don't care about it though, almost everything is easily replaced in Velious.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Is it true they nerfed exp in karnors castle on agnarr? My little group of RL buddies didnt have much luck there last night.

Anyone have recommendations for a level 40-45 group in the kunark era? we are trying city of mist tonight

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Turpitude posted:

Is it true they nerfed exp in karnors castle on agnarr? My little group of RL buddies didnt have much luck there last night.

Anyone have recommendations for a level 40-45 group in the kunark era? we are trying city of mist tonight

If you must be in Kunark, I guess CoM. I would do Hole though.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

FranktheBank posted:

If you must be in Kunark, I guess CoM. I would do Hole though.

yeah thats our next stop. we're kinda touring all the dungeons because lots of us didnt do em back in highschool. Our fearless leader's main complaint is that the Hole is a slog with camps spread way out.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Hole, CoM then howling stones (if you can get an empty pick) howling stones is loving killer for XP and you can start there fairly early if you have a decent group.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Isn't getting the hs key terrible on agnarr? The official forums have some rage posts about it

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Isn't getting the hs key terrible on agnarr? The official forums have some rage posts about it

It is terrible to farm yourself. There is a box mage army at chancellor spawn and 4 fire pets 1 shot him. So, the only way is to charm gate and that requires a wand of allure for insta cast. Then hope in 4 seconds no one dispels. Maybe charm/coth if you could time the coth to the exact second he spawns and you hit the wand.

Alternatively, play when the mage army is logged off.

Alternative #2, train cabilis guards to spawn to kill boxers.

Real alternative, pay 3kr and farm 1 drop in HS to repay it.

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

Started up on Agnarr.

Dark Elf Nec named Sindrissa if anyone wants to say what's up!

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Looks like someone worked around whatever the MQ2 dev changed so that MQ2 wouldn't work on progression servers.

https://vimeo.com/232471057

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Is there a goon guild on agnarr?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Krazuel posted:

Looks like someone worked around whatever the MQ2 dev changed so that MQ2 wouldn't work on progression servers.

Mule then posted he's moving stuff into the protected part of the code to prevent this.

Why he doesn't just make it available, I'll never know. People who blatantly do this poo poo always get banned when people notice it, people who use MQ2 in a passive version don't harm anything.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Been stuck at Bergurgle for Cleric epic on Agnarr. It seems every time I hop on there's at least 2-3 clerics on it with various high level casters. Was it this bad on Phinny during this era?

Really regret not working on this earlier as I think most of my guild got it out of the way in Classic when it was less contested.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Krazuel posted:

Looks like Nizzarr and the rest of his r99 band of bads are still at it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgnarrFlames/comments/6y7ral/trucidation_filmed_warping_on_sonh_key_part/ This is too funny.

quote:

I thought it would be funny to start dropping foraged items near people camping the SoNH ground spawn to see if they'd snag them. I did this, and noticed the items almost immediately disappeared (and didn't get re-dropped). So I started doing it further and further away from the ground spawn location - well out of click range I - and it still happened. So I went event further away, and to my amazment, not only did the dropped item disappear, but I summoned three FD Trucidation members (Pudds, Gunnie, and Oldmans)!

I also promise you that a lot of those unresponsive mages taking camps are bots / scripted / or remote controlled. Agnarr is not the safe from exploits server people like to think, those EQ servers do not exist unfortunately. I don't mean to deter from Agnarr, but if you see weird poo poo, film it and petition it. Especially if it is from a widely known-to-exploit-everything-possible guild like <Trudciation> (at least widely known from red 99 players..!)

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 13, 2017

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Omens of War opens on Phinny today - the RSS signet camps will be a bloody warzone for a few days. You have to be 69 to zone into RSS so it will be the last one for most people to camp and a great chokepoint for drama.

It will be interesting to see what the threshold is for triggering new picks in RSS - anyone know how many groups/camps the zone would normally have ?

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
I know in RSS there are six spawn points for the Dragorn that drops the signet's. They are mostly far enough apart from each other to be their own camps, however a couple could be combined.

I'm guessing, total speculation at this point, that it will be 30 to spawn a new pick.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yeah signet are going to be a poo poo show. Flashbacks to plane of storms.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
OMENS HYPE!

I'm stoked - signet shitshow aside. I'm hoping that with the 4 open world ones all having multiple drop points, that it at least spreads out the cluster gently caress. I suspect (hope?) that the worst of it will be over after this weekend.

I'd say we have maybe ~10 guilds or so that are likely to push pretty hard for it? Even for PoStorms, that first weekend BDA (my old guild) was able to start getting medallions. I'm guessing this will be much more like VT shards though. It'll sure be an experience.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I have a single question before i decide to return again, are AAs still cash-locked?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Unfortunately yes you need a sub to go past f2p AA caps. You can always sub for a month and crank out AAs, you keep them if you let your sub lapse. You just can't gain any more.

Empires of Kunark (the latest expansion) makes it pretty easy to gain AAs though.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I have a single question before i decide to return again, are AAs still cash-locked?

The only server that matters is agnarr and that's a sub server so.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Omm down, less than 24 hours, with a raid of 24.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Krazuel posted:

Omm down, less than 24 hours, with a raid of 24.

wtf they finished all 6 trials, signet farming and cleared OMM in 24 hours? Jesus christ the socks must have been poopy.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

MF_James posted:

wtf they finished all 6 trials, signet farming and cleared OMM in 24 hours? Jesus christ the socks must have been poopy.

Yeah 15 hours 45 minutes.

Edit: 18.9339 hours* maybe idk, under a day!

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 15, 2017

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I wonder if they regret not leaving the buff on for later content because even for poopsockers that's a bit ridiculous.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Signets, as I thought they would be, were very calm.

The first night had a bit of fighting, but most of EoE just went straight for levels. It's put us a day behind and our sometimes guildleader is losing his poo poo that we're not in Anguish, but the rest of us are having fun.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, they've been mostly okay so far. I'm all ready for Anguish on Sunday.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Completed a few epic 1.5s on Phinny today including mine - The lesson learned is that any 'numbers needed' is way way overstated on ZAM. If your raid geared and no-one is afk then I think all the epic 1.5s are single groupable.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
OMM dead to EoE, pretty fun raid night clearing everything.

Picked up Jayruk's Vest, so I can make Gladiator's Plate Chestguard of War which is one of those click items in this game that never goes away. Just need 2500 more faction (aka, kill 2500 more mobs :smith: There's tricks to speed it up like pulling all of Dranik's Scar)

Omens was pushed back in development because of the player summit they had, and it really shows. In GoD, I was mostly done with everything in a few days. In Omens, I'm actually having trouble deciding what to do because I have too much to do (faction, epics, farm anguish augs, trials, etc). Reminds me quite a lot of the expansions starting in SoF where the development time was on a yearly cadence instead of bi-annual.

gnomers
Nov 14, 2004
I started some toons on agnarr
Wasubi. Mage level 9
Gagbum level4 sk
And a halfling warrior because I can. Named wasubette.

Anyone in agnarr send me a tell maybe if enough of us play we can create a guild

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I've seen a few in a guild called Ganges Goones or somesuch but I don't think there's any official one. Come join the serverwide chat channel by typing

/join serverwide.gchat:fygm

I'm seeing more folks in there on Agnarr, come stop in and ask one of my chars (Librarian, Talking, Sabado) for some free poo poo and I can make and parcel some jewelry to you.

I've been having a ton of fun soloing as an enchanter in the Hole. I leveled from 53 to 59 in there just screwing around exploring and still haven't covered the entire place. Anybody on Agnarr in the mid 40s and up is welcome to join and get some okay xp/loot while exploring a badass zone. You'll also probably get to see a gnome get pasted by a golem breaking charm repeatedly with 70% 100% (I've started giving them a robe with 30% haste that seems to stack with my buff) haste on

Solarin fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 18, 2017

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Solarin posted:

I've seen a few in a guild called Ganges Goones or somesuch but I don't think there's any official one. Come join the serverwide chat channel by typing

/join serverwide.gchat:fygm

I'm seeing more folks in there on Agnarr, come stop in and ask one of my chars (Librarian, Talking, Sabado) for some free poo poo and I can make and parcel some jewelry to you.

I've been having a ton of fun soloing as an enchanter in the Hole. I leveled from 53 to 59 in there just screwing around exploring and still haven't covered the entire place. Anybody on Agnarr in the mid 40s and up is welcome to join and get some okay xp/loot while exploring a badass zone. You'll also probably get to see a gnome get pasted by a golem breaking charm repeatedly with 70% 100% (I've started giving them a robe with 30% haste that seems to stack with my buff) haste on

I'm the only SA goon in Ganges Goons, our little guild is 5 irl friends from a small town called Ganges. You gave my little Druid Grindylow some great jewelry that lasted like 35 levels, thanks again!

I'm having a hard time grouping with my RL buddies lately but I often log in around lunch time and make a few hundred plat porting people, I really like it. Or I play a teen iksar and farm fingers in Kurns.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Omm down! Fun times. Really fun launch.

Now to work on epics!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Solarin posted:

Jumpalot's robe is legit for pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017
I'm thinking about coming back to play on either of the two newest progression servers but need to know about the True Box poo poo first. I don't like playing just one character since it's so dependent on other people, logging in and then seeing no groups and thinking "well I guess I can't play tonight" blows so I'd like to play 3 characters. My setup is one extremely good PC and an 80" 4k monitor.

Everything I've seen points to VM is an easy/quick way to getting banned?

If so what are my options, to just use 2 lovely laptops? Just how lovely/cheap could I get away with?

If I do that, is there any way to control it all through my TV and just use one keyboard/mouse to control it all, or am I going to be playing DDR on multiple keyboards?