Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

it still boggles my mind that they'll have no fewer than FIVE completely different phone lines available at one time, with a total of EIGHT different models, not to mention all of the different colors for each

is even sarnsung this bad when it comes to it's own product fragmentation?

timb pines for the heady days of the mid 90s, performa, quadra, centris, workgroup server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

zen death robot posted:

Most people give zero shits about FLAC or even know what it is.

this is relevant to my point how (i like how)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i mean i guess if you're an edgelord who just discovered Nietzsche

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

graph posted:

hauscome

because without the interlocks it is a class 2 laser and it will murder your eyeballs if you open the case. I had to take a baseline vision test so they could assess the damage when it blinds me.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

every photo of imat has it hanging off the edge, lol
just realized the caselords must be dying today

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
A11 destroys the chip industry

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Linguica posted:

I am not even sure what the point is of having a phone with 10x more computrons or whatever it is by now

what the duck

did you not see the poo emoji in real time

pram
Jun 10, 2001
incredible at only 24mhz

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pram posted:

incredible at only 24mhz

24mhz is the base crystal oscillator clock. I think it's what they report now because frequency differences between core complexes or whatever.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no really tho, does face id work if you grow a beard, or like face scruff or whatever?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they claimed so in the demo

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

also people always forget that apps are yooge nowadays

without improving the mobile soc or cpu, newer app will run slower and slower overtime because all the extra features are being added

and no, you can only let your phone run slower and slower since you can't choose not to update those apps for extended time without losing access

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

do i need to remain baby smooth clean shaven to unlock my twelve hundred dollar phone?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

infernal machines posted:

no really tho, does face id work if you grow a beard, or like face scruff or whatever?

they claim it does. can't wait for the emergency timb press conference where he declares "why would anyone grow their facial hair this way" echoing the "don't hold it that way" stebe presser

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Last Chance posted:

i'd love to know how

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
that benchmark score is crazy. will apple put their laptops on arm?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
further can't wait to hear from people who get any sort of facial surgery done, which will be quite possible given the price point

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

i'd love to know how

I like how

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
hes ok

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Last Chance posted:

the demo that didn't work?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

honestly the presentation just made me want an se more, and to spend that extra money on a new subwoofer or something

a wise investment, imo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/907732054535577600

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

the demo that didn't work?

yeah

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/907662530838921216

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
that reminds me, I've been waiting for a 4k Apple TV forever now. I need to order one

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
iPhone x gon give it to ya

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

uncurable mlady posted:

iPhone x gon give it to ya

specifically rsi from constantly having to swipe up to do anything

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

The Management posted:

that reminds me, I've been waiting for a 4k Apple TV forever now. I need to order one

you really don't. at least, i refuse to believe there is any home consumer in the world who has an actual technical need for a 4k youtube streaming box

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's still laffo as all hell that they ripped off the gestures from bb10

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Lutha Mahtin posted:

you really don't. at least, i refuse to believe there is any home consumer in the world who has an actual technical need for a 4k youtube streaming box

The new audio format support alone is worth it.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

4k airplay mirroring though

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I wonder if the depression caused from watching TV at night scales with resolution. I'm guessing yes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

shitload of people have 4k tvs, but we lack true 4k content, it is known

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

wide stance posted:

I wonder if the depression caused from watching TV at night scales with resolution. I'm guessing yes.

perhaps but i have spent many years and thousands of dollars digging out my hermetic underground screening room underground, so clearly this idiot bauble of an electronics box is a better investment than sending any money at all to a GiveDirectly vetted organization

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

shitload of people have 4k tvs, but we lack true 4k content, it is known

i thought it was Good that iTunes hd movies are freely upgraded to 4k.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Last Chance posted:

i thought it was Good that iTunes hd movies are freely upgraded to 4k.

it was just unsustainable to put 4k movies at rumoured 20 dollars or 30 dollars the industry demanded

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

My low bitrate 1080p stream doesn't look good enough! I need a low bitrate 4k stream!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

i don't believe this, it's too distracting from the image

check the image host :ssh:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Lutha Mahtin posted:

perhaps but i have spent many years and thousands of dollars digging out my hermetic underground screening room underground, so clearly this idiot bauble of an electronics box is a better investment than sending any money at all to a GiveDirectly vetted organization

this applies to literally all consumer tech products

• Locked thread