Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Moltrey posted:

SSS Tier is just using your first name like Shoto and Tenya

That's the lowest tier because they specifically choose them because they don't feel ready to choose full names yet, Deku says the same thing about not choosing an All Might inspired. They are S++ rank boys but not hero names.

Mt. Lady is pretty meh both in name and character imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Caphi posted:

Footnote: Aoi Yuuki is great.

Wait, Froppy is Hibiki?

:krad:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i need more tokoyami and dark shadow content pronto

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Over time, I've grown to love all of Class 1-A. It's only Sato and Koda I'm pretty vanilla towards, but that's only because they haven't been given too much limelight as of yet.

Mina is still high tier though, her excessive enthusiam is kind of hard to ignore. And Tokoyami is a bird. Birds are cool.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

That's the lowest tier because they specifically choose them because they don't feel ready to choose full names yet, Deku says the same thing about not choosing an All Might inspired. They are S++ rank boys but not hero names.

I read Shoto picking "Shoto" is that he's becoming comfortable with everything that he's willing to be known to the world as his actual first name, Shoto. "I'm Shoto, son of Enji Todoroki and an ice lady, the Number #1 hero and the new symbol of peace". It'd be cool if he chose another name later but seeing him just go up and say "I'm Shoto" feels right for me

you shut the gently caress up about Mt. Lady tho there is not a thing about her that doesn't rule

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Deku is kind of a C-list hero name, honestly. If he's gonna be great/the greatest, he's going to have to move a little bit further past "a former insult that I'm using as a nickname now".

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

banned.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
"Here's this lady in her mid to late 20's who's super lazy, vain and likes to eat snacks who uses her sex appeal and her specific fetish Quirk to make easy money as a professional Hero. Her name is Mt. Lady"

"sounds pretty boring"

Mt. Lady is the exact kind of hero Stain would hate which proves that Stain's a stupid idiot

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Moltrey posted:

"Here's this lady in her mid to late 20's who's super lazy, vain and likes to eat snacks who uses her sex appeal and her specific fetish Quirk to make easy money as a professional Hero. Her name is Mt. Lady"

"sounds pretty boring"

Mt. Lady is the exact kind of hero Stain would hate which proves that Stain's a stupid idiot

Yeah MT. Lady is pretty boring, I feel you could do something with this but not a lot really.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Moltrey posted:

stain did nothing wrong

pounds fists on desk chanting MORE BIRD

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I like how Vigilantes makes it clear that Stain was always a crazy murderer, instead of his actions somehow being Endeavor's fault like people were speculating.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If there's anything I hate more in a manga, it's tertiary characters not being incredibly developed and multidimensional.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think it's more fans clamping on to those characters and desperately pretending it's because they are deep characters.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao mt. lady's not deep, she's just funny and relateable, the perfect Millennial Hero

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mt. Lady fuckin' rules.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Caphi posted:

This but less ironically. Froppy has had outsize positive reception in the fandom but in the show she's been a B-lister through and through except for one kind of eh filler episode. As a character she isn't calling for this kind of backlash.

It's mostly this. She's done gently caress all and contributes very little to anything post the first villain attack with her Grapeboy and Deku. Her filler episode has her doing more than almost the entirety of the next two major arcs. And the writer then has her give a really stupid speech as the big emotional moment for small arc and it just feels wholly unjustified cause besides being cute she's about as important or fleshed out as Ojiro or Sero.

Basically they should either push her more as a Thing in the plot/focus or actually give Momo more screen time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's mostly this. She's done gently caress all and contributes very little to anything post the first villain attack with her Grapeboy and Deku. Her filler episode has her doing more than almost the entirety of the next two major arcs. And the writer then has her give a really stupid speech as the big emotional moment for small arc and it just feels wholly unjustified cause besides being cute she's about as important or fleshed out as Ojiro or Sero.

Basically they should either push her more as a Thing in the plot/focus or actually give Momo more screen time.

She's the emotional center/support for the whole class.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kild posted:

Except Deku and Bakugo are way more important to focusing the class/getting them to serious up or find their drive. Iida, IcyHot, Uravity, Red Riot, and more have all been directly inspired by them. The Tsuyu Is Actually Our Emotional Core feels very forced in places and kind of just like 'She's popular so lets give her something.'

Alien Queen, Jammingway, and Momo are cooler and way more interesting than Froppy.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 12, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this thread hates mt. lady, froppy AND my friend tapeboy?

this place sucks

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
froppy owns

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Sero is the tape based Spider-Man I never knew I needed in my life.

Sero is a total pal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Moltrey posted:

this thread hates mt. lady, froppy AND my friend tapeboy?

this place sucks
:agreed:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kild posted:

Is she? I mean Tsuyu's a fine character and all but there's not really enough screentime for her to really have that important a presence in the class. The same goes for most characters though.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think it's more fans clamping on to those characters and desperately pretending it's because they are deep characters.

I don't think anyone thinks Mt Lady is super deep or complex or anything. They just think she's got a nice concept and is fairly enjoyable which is all you need for a bit character that doesn't really have any role whatsoever in the story.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I care about froppy basically not at all and so I'm pretty OK with the show also not caring about her

I want to see more alien queen

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except Deku and Bakugo are way more important to focusing the class/getting them to serious up or find their drive. Iida, IcyHot, Uravity, Red Riot, and more have all been directly inspired by them. The Tsuyu Is Actually Our Emotional Core feels very forced in places and kind of just like 'She's popular so lets give her something.'

Alien Queen, Jammingway, and Momo are cooler and way more interesting than Froppy.

Theres a difference between inspirational to push yourself to heights and the person there when you're crashing down I think.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is she? I mean Tsuyu's a fine character and all but there's not really enough screentime for her to really have that important a presence in the class. The same goes for most characters though.

I think thats what we're suppose to infer from the author but yeah outside of the VA attack on the school and this last test there hasn't been too much screentime on it.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

pounds fists on desk chanting MORE BIRD

ok

(first three by tinyangryghost on twitter, last one by prinzcake on tumblr)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime sold me on her being the emotional support more than the manga, but it's honestly pretty bad how few characters get meaningful focus after this point.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also don't really care about bird boy

Aoyama, Monoma, and Shinso are the best outside of Todoroki and Deku.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Add Tokoyami to Hatoful Boyfriend.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RubricMarine posted:

ok

(first three by tinyangryghost on twitter, last one by prinzcake on tumblr)

thank you friend

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Also don't really care about bird boy
Mods?????

wait poo poo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Deku is kind of a C-list hero name, honestly. If he's gonna be great/the greatest, he's going to have to move a little bit further past "a former insult that I'm using as a nickname now".

I have a pet theory that he will eventually take up the name "All Right"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Farg posted:

I have a pet theory that he will eventually take up the name "All Right"

Small Might.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
A'ight

Chaos Personified
Oct 9, 2012
Might Lite.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Deku destroys his body and realizes his destiny as All Bite.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ah Cripes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, I have the pet theory that just like One For All is a legacy power, All Might is going to end up being a legacy title.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Lot of froppinions in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Every single member of class 1-A rules apart from Mineta who is a creepy little goon

• Locked thread