Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

zen death robot posted:

Most people give zero shits about FLAC or even know what it is.

Most people give zero shits about AAC and opus and ogg but it’s in all the lovely streaming services they use. What’s your point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

How the hell do I even load a flac onto this loving pos os

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

The Management posted:

I'm done installing betas. for the first time in many years I have a phone that works

My dude. The profile on your telephone is facilitating the GM download to it. Godspeed

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The Management posted:

do it. that A11 CPU is a loving monster

your wife will love the loving monster of a cpu the new iphone has

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the A11 chip will let you experience the software bloat 100x more!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
someone at apple has a sense of history

https://twitter.com/concreteniche/status/907700055817289728

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if you aren't following steph davidson on twitter you should.

check out her iphone 8 / x coverage.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
so, do you still need a phone if you get an applewatch 3? thatd be kinda cool.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no, you could spend $400 on a lovely watch that's also a lovely phone you cant really text on or browse the internet with

and also sucks as a phone

the future is now

thanks apple

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they will however know every time you start getting pissed off trying to use the crown, thanks to the handy heart rate monitor that sits about 1mm inside your wrist

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 13, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Spectral Debt posted:

so, do you still need a phone if you get an applewatch 3? thatd be kinda cool.

you do

infernal machines posted:

they will however know every time you start getting pissed off trying to use the crown, thanks to the handy heart rate monitor that sits about 1mm inside your wrist

the crown?

Wild EEPROM posted:

if you aren't following steph davidson on twitter you should.

check out her iphone 8 / x coverage.

link

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you do

the crown?

did you even watch the keynote?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

did you even watch the keynote?

yes. watch uses the phone connection of your phone, and crown is a piece of luxury headwear. i didn't mean that you have to carry your phone around with it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the watch has a cell modem now and the crown is the fiddly bit on the side with the red dot on it

you can go surfing and take calls with your earpods, because no place is sacred. no phone required

why would you have a phone if not to take calls?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gently caress wrist watches

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the watch has a cell modem now and the crown is the fiddly bit on the side with the red dot on it

you can go surfing and take calls with your earpods, because no place is sacred. no phone required

why would you have a phone if not to take calls?

they said plain and simple that it uses phone's connection through its modem. you cannot have no phone at all. as i have said, that does not mean that you have to carry your phone around, it just has to exist

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also calling that button a crown is dumb

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

cinci zoo sniper posted:

also calling that button a crown is dumb

that's what the rotating thing on the side of a watch has been called since forever

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

that's what the rotating thing on the side of a watch has been called since forever

does that make it less dumb, like old people?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

it was pointed out in another thread (or maybe through reddit I don't remember anymore) that geekbench for phones and geekbench for computers are very different beasts and that you can't really compare the results.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the fact that the sad mac isn't the faceid fail screen is a missed opportunity imo

Boiled Water posted:

it was pointed out in another thread (or maybe through reddit I don't remember anymore) that geekbench for phones and geekbench for computers are very different beasts and that you can't really compare the results.

um excuse me the two numbers are close to each other thus ARM MacBook is inevitable.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i got upgraded to the real ios 11 yesterday, perhaps because i beta tested incomplete software for free

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
i like how the watch3 w/ cellular is only available in like 8 countries

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

and also how you have to be on the same carrier as your phone or somehting??? what about MVNOs?

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

lol and there's no roaming so you're hosed on holiday

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
if you buy an apple watch you deserve it

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

and also how you have to be on the same carrier as your phone or somehting??? what about MVNOs?

I think it's because they don't actually have a SIM card in there and they need special deals with providers to allow some sort of "simless" solution. probably it will work in every country within 6 months

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
telecoms companies hate their customers, more at 11

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
good to know that the SE remains the best phone

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

it shares your plan/connection with your phone

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

go play outside Skyler posted:

I think it's because they don't actually have a SIM card in there and they need special deals with providers to allow some sort of "simless" solution. probably it will work in every country within 6 months

siri still does not work in latvia

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

guess you gotta tell your friends and family to buy more iPhones because apple doesn't see it as a worthy market.

sorry about your country

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

um excuse me the two numbers are close to each other thus ARM MacBook is inevitable.

unironically though

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Lysidas posted:

good to know that the SE remains the best phone

:yossame:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

why does siri not work in latvia? As in doesn't work in latvian or the moment your phone detects you in the country it just goes: welp, not here buddy!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
siri can either not work in a given language because apple can’t be bothered to translate it at all or not work in a given country store because apple is too afraid siri won’t be able to handle the rich cultural background of that country (the second is the case with siri on the russian apple tv for example)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
so if you have an apple tv in russia you won’t be able to use voice control at all even if you switch the language to english, unless you have a foreign debit card/store account and switch to that store lol

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what if you change the language/locale? should open up the features

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

why does siri not work in latvia? As in doesn't work in latvian or the moment your phone detects you in the country it just goes: welp, not here buddy!
the latter, i cant use english siri in latvia either. siri actually in latvian is ludicrous

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

what if you change the language/locale? should open up the features

you tell me, all i know is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

well NL doesn't have apple pay / apple news but i managed to get them working by switching to UK locale i think

• Locked thread