Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

I wanna know. Please enlighten me.
you gotta lick the underside of them. kinda make your tongue into a u shape to give it full coverage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gologle posted:

I wanna know. Please enlighten me.

Nova and Nightwing weren't super popular, it's okay to know little about the dicks.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the game looks better than it did, but it still looks mediocre at best

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Endorph posted:

thanos was in mvc2

It was using a boss character without any of the advantages. He had very little moves. Instead they gave a moveset to the sub-boss (that you also could not play as in Marvel Super Heroes), Doctor Doom and look how he turned out over the years.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anime was right posted:

the game looks better than it did, but it still looks mediocre at best

People still ain't using the burst.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Poor cams, SFV broke his brain :(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Arzachel posted:

its nice to know that i simply cant escape whiny video game nerds even in Something Awful :smith:

https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/907782064891682816

Morrigan can be the beast she was in the last game with the Time Gem Stone

https://twitter.com/NicroManiac82/status/907822700776665088

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 13, 2017

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
The dumb poo poo in MvCI is prob gonna be way less interesting than the dumb poo poo in MvC3 (which was already way way less interesting than the dumb poo poo in MvC2).

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/casperOne/status/907918197281710080

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
with the invention of the internet now anyone can express their horrible opinions with someone else's balls in their mouth

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/thisislijoe/status/907949546365444096

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cams posted:

captain marvel and gamora are gonna be the first characters i spend time with once i get my copy.

please call them by their function names: beam woman and sword woman

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Playing this for a few hours then going back to Injustice 2 to mess around with Black Manta, it's astonishing just how visually bland Injustice 2 is.

Imagine a superhero fighting game with all the care and attention put into the models and animations that DBZF and XRD have :(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/907965791005417473

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

fadam posted:

Imagine a superhero fighting game with all the care and attention put into the models and animations that DBZF and XRD have :(
dbzf is that very thing

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Arzachel posted:

you're right, the healthy thing is to post about how a game i have never played sucks, how right i am about it sucking, what it says about the stupid people who don't think it sucks, and to do so any time anyone tries to do anything except have a masturbatory meta conversation about the quality of video games because god damnit i am a FIGHTING GAME FAN on the internet and the people NEED me.

a bunch of defective young men taking pride in their opinions of video games on the internet to the point that it becomes part of their identity. cool.

hopefully i'll have my copy of this game today, maybe tomorrow. real excited to put in some time with it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

cams posted:

you're right, the healthy thing is to post about how a game i have never played sucks, how right i am about it sucking, what it says about the stupid people who don't think it sucks, and to do so any time anyone tries to do anything except have a masturbatory meta conversation about the quality of video games because god damnit i am a FIGHTING GAME FAN on the internet and the people NEED me.

a bunch of defective young men taking pride in their opinions of video games on the internet to the point that it becomes part of their identity. cool.

hopefully i'll have my copy of this game today, maybe tomorrow. real excited to put in some time with it.

goondolences

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

Hmm. Hmmmmmmm. A-hum. I see.

Anyway, you can see the loop protection in that Zero clip right there, also Soul Illusion not giving him meter thank fuckin' god.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dias posted:

Hmm. Hmmmmmmm. A-hum. I see.

Anyway, you can see the loop protection in that Zero clip right there, also Soul Illusion not giving him meter thank fuckin' god.

aww see it wasn't so hard to post about the video game itself rather than trying to form an internet forum opinion consensus. i am very proud of you dias :)

yesterday fchamp spent time messing around with zero and flux was in the chat talking about him. from what i've seen and read, zero is still a godamn monster, just a different monster from mvc3. his slide in particular is real gross, can cancel out of it into his command dashes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cams posted:

source your quotes tia

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
holy poo poo i had no idea you could get a free lvl3 with an Infinity Storm

just the madness with Arthur Power Ups got me like :stare:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zand posted:

dbzf is that very thing

I don't care about Dragon Ball characters. I want to see Superman zipping around and blowing poo poo up, not slowly hovering across the screen like on injustice.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

cams posted:

hi can you please explain how you aren't burning yourself with this own? or are you self-aware?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Zand posted:

"oh YEAH SO ARE YOU:smug:"

enough with the goon circle jerk. post vids or stay out

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cams posted:

when you gonna fight bebo tho

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Is Squirrel Girl going to be in this game? She's cool.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/907595646927962113

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Race Realists posted:

enough with the goon circle jerk. post vids or stay out

you were a part of that goon circle jerk too

pick a side and stick with it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i can't believe they made X just a generic melee dude after making the smash 4 Mega Man have all of his buttons as specific homages to his powers. why doesn't X have a shitload of cool special moves? where's the Triad Thunder barrier? wheres the charged Chameleon Sting super that makes him go invisible ala Chipp? wheres a Strike Chain command grab? its poo poo.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

hi can you please explain how you aren't burning yourself with this own? or are you self-aware?
you do not talk about fighting games. you have metatextual conversations about the objective quality of video games and what that means for fighting games and how people are being actively harmful to society by playing video games you don't like and how boycotting capcom is a noble charge.

that poo poo is dumb and so many people have built identity and comnunity around it, to the point where 6 people replied to attack a guy for saying the game is good. you feel COMPELLED to have internet opiniom fights.

i wanna talk about the weird hop attacks that captain marvel and gamora have and how you are supposed to take advantage of them

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

i wanna talk about the weird hop attacks that captain marvel and gamora have and how you are supposed to take advantage of them

literally none of your posts itt are about this

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Countblanc posted:

i can't believe they made X just a generic melee dude after making the smash 4 Mega Man have all of his buttons as specific homages to his powers. why doesn't X have a shitload of cool special moves? where's the Triad Thunder barrier? wheres the charged Chameleon Sting super that makes him go invisible ala Chipp? wheres a Strike Chain command grab? its poo poo.

Sakurai cares far, far, far more about faithfully recreating a character than all of Capcom combined

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently pics of Monster Hunter leaked?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

General Morden posted:

you were a part of that goon circle jerk too

pick a side and stick with it

the circle jerk involving smug nerds dunking on the game and anyone daring to maybe give the game a loving chance?

ok :v:

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/908008712215785473

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

They should've made X be another Faust-like where every time you do an attack you get a different weapon.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

literally none of your posts itt are about this
i'm going to give this a serious response even though i think it's a dumbshit attempt from a moron who lacks critical thinking skills to "win" an argument

yes that was an original thought i had about the game and something i am wondering about and am interested in learning more about. it also invites someone with more knowledge of this game or fighting game mechanics to explain it. it was used in that post as an example of "talking about the game" to contrast the sort of meta textual conversations about video games people primarily engage in. you're welcome.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Race Realists posted:

the circle jerk involving smug nerds dunking on the game and anyone daring to maybe give the game a loving chance?

ok :v:

i know you're trying to act all smug and coy, but you were literally doing that a few weeks ago when those same nerds convinced you that the game didn't look quite as impressive as you once thought it was

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

yes that was an original thought i had about the game and something i am wondering about and am interested in learning more about. it also invites someone with more knowledge of this game or fighting game mechanics to explain it.
here's me using my knowledge of the game and fighting game mechanics to explain it:

game bad

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

i'm going to give this a serious response even though i think it's a dumbshit attempt from a moron who lacks critical thinking skills to "win" an argument

yes that was an original thought i had about the game and something i am wondering about and am interested in learning more about. it also invites someone with more knowledge of this game or fighting game mechanics to explain it. it was used in that post as an example of "talking about the game" to contrast the sort of meta textual conversations about video games people primarily engage in. you're welcome.

there is no argument here. you're just a hypocrite lashing out at anyone saying anything bad about the game while contributing nothing yourself. that brilliant "hopping attack" analysis you posted was literally the only instance you have itt actually talking about the game mechanics instead of just being a vitriolic rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
It would be almost tempting to turn all women into food items that somehow reflect their bodies, personalities and personal tastes (ha ha) - it's only temporary, though, so once a woman is eaten (or rots away, or is otherwise destroyed), she returns to her old self, but with the memories of what it was like to be turned into a food object and then eaten (and/or rotting away, or whatever) fully intact, like a nightmare. On a longer-term basis, it would also be interesting to turn women's flesh into self-regenerating food-flesh. Women would no longer technically be alive since they would now be made out of foodstuff (and would also now be immune to almost any physical damage or human diseases), but at the cost of their humanity and dignity.

• Locked thread