Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Has anybody else had this problem with Minecraft.net and the client not accepting the same login information that works to log in on mojang.com? I set up a server for my roommate and I to play on and now everything is suddenly going to poo poo re: login stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Boy I love redstone clocks.

The Shortest Path posted:

Has anybody else had this problem with Minecraft.net and the client not accepting the same login information that works to log in on mojang.com? I set up a server for my roommate and I to play on and now everything is suddenly going to poo poo re: login stuff.

Are you playing over a VPN/proxy? I had a similar situation awhile back.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Well, Mystcraft in Pickle Pack Magical 3 seems pretty pointless for anything other than making a ridiculous mining age... which you won't need since Magical Crops is actually EASIER to get up and running. I'm not really sure what point Twilight Forest serves either, but I haven't revealed all the quests in that chapter yet. Maybe there's something you need in there?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I really liked the feel of Mystcraft, even though it's similar in function to RFtools dimensions. Was there ever a pack that was built around it? The idea of showing up in crazy new worlds to find abandoned libraries was fun.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

wow this poo poo got nerfed hard

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Yeah, I spent way too long making an automated empowered oil setup, figuring it would get me enough juice to make empowered blocks at 50,000,000 RF each. Nope.

Then I figured out that extreme reactors requires a grand total of 2 poisonous potatoes to break into. You can grind yellorium ingots back to dust, and yellorium dust can be turned back into alchemical yellorium, so you only ever need to make 1 set of the precursor ingredients.

If you've got Enderium casings & Signalum condensers it should only take an hour or so to farm up the graphite, iron & yellorium needed for a big enough setup.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nevets posted:

Then I figured out that extreme reactors requires a grand total of 2 poisonous potatoes to break into. You can grind yellorium ingots back to dust, and yellorium dust can be turned back into alchemical yellorium, so you only ever need to make 1 set of the precursor ingredients.

If you've got Enderium casings & Signalum condensers it should only take an hour or so to farm up the graphite, iron & yellorium needed for a big enough setup.

Does resonant ender and gelid cryotheum still function inside a reactor the same as it did in 1.7.10?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Seems to. I'm running a 6 high 5x5 checkerboard of graphite & fuel rods, surrounded by resonant ender, so 7x7x6 total interior. At 0% control rods I get about 30k rf / tick. Only need about 8k rf / tick to continuously run the empowerer directly off the reactor with signalum flux ducts.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Gave MSB2 a shot. I let it start loading, and then made lunch. And ate lunch, and went for a walk, and vacuumed the apartment.

A strange game. The only winning move is-- The program has stopped responding. It may respond again if you wait.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Goon Danton posted:

Gave MSB2 a shot. I let it start loading, and then made lunch. And ate lunch, and went for a walk, and vacuumed the apartment.

A strange game. The only winning move is-- The program has stopped responding. It may respond again if you wait.

MSB2 needs a shitload of RAM. I gave mine 6 gigs.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

That is all the gigs I have. :(

e: Are there any recent-ish skyblocks that won't make my laptop sad and dead?

Goon Danton fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 12, 2017

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Man PlusTIC is great. Put a Manasteel part in your TiCon tool, wear a Band of Mana and Band of Aura, and that tool will never lose durability again. Also Alumite's World Traveler mod is amazing.

Advanced Alloy from Moar Tinkers is pretty OP though. Not that it especially matters in a skyblock, I suppose.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I spun up that pack for giggles and ran into Rocko's Classic Skyblock Problem: If a Skyblock starts you off with a tree on a bit of near-nothingness, that tree will inevitably not yield a single sapling.

In other news, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my remapping code to work correctly. I apparently needed to dump the mod ID with the item name to get a proper match with the quest book. I'm not sure what API calls I should be using, but it just occurred to me that I should just look at the public HQM code to see what it's using. I don't remember if the public code goes back to 1.7.10 though so I don't think I know with 100% certainty how exactly to dump my stuff. Oh well.

Goon Danton posted:

I really liked the feel of Mystcraft, even though it's similar in function to RFtools dimensions. Was there ever a pack that was built around it? The idea of showing up in crazy new worlds to find abandoned libraries was fun.

That's funny because RFTools dimensions was based on Mystcraft, not the other way around. I never saw a pack thematically use Mystcraft. TBH I can't imagine how it would work out due to the arbitrariness. In BFSR, I had to scale back some ambitions with RFTool dimension tabs because I found it too difficult to replicate a dimension for the sake of a quest. I was counting on that as a quest constraint that they hit a specific dimension. It wasn't working out.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

That's funny because RFTools dimensions was based on Mystcraft, not the other way around. I never saw a pack thematically use Mystcraft. TBH I can't imagine how it would work out due to the arbitrariness. In BFSR, I had to scale back some ambitions with RFTool dimension tabs because I found it too difficult to replicate a dimension for the sake of a quest. I was counting on that as a quest constraint that they hit a specific dimension. It wasn't working out.

That's weird, because if you use exactly the same formula of dimlets when creating a dimension, both dimension tabs will point to the same dimension. There are digit dimlets exactly to prevent this from happening.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That's weird, because if you use exactly the same formula of dimlets when creating a dimension, both dimension tabs will point to the same dimension. There are digit dimlets exactly to prevent this from happening.

Yeap. I was basing off of that but it just was not working out for me.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm having a weird issue. I can't interact with any menus that are added by mods. I can open the menus and scroll around, but left clicking on them does nothing. Regular Minecraft menus work just fine.

I've tried deleting all of my Minecraft files, and reinstalling. I have the same problem in a variety of modpacks across different versions of Minecraft. This includes CotT and Modern Skyblock 2.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I'm having a weird issue. I can't interact with any menus that are added by mods. I can open the menus and scroll around, but left clicking on them does nothing. Regular Minecraft menus work just fine.

I've tried deleting all of my Minecraft files, and reinstalling. I have the same problem in a variety of modpacks across different versions of Minecraft. This includes CotT and Modern Skyblock 2.

Reinstall Java, make sure you get the latest. Be sure to fully Uninstall any versions you may have right now.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Serifina posted:

If anyone's interested in trying out some 1.12.1 Minecraft, I have a new modpack out called The Lost Travels, featuring Lost Cities. It's kitchen-sink-y, but with some exploration-encouraged stuff in the form of the cities themselves, Defiled Lands, and Elemental Dimension (and Twilight Forest to be added later once it's out and at least semi-stable.)
Finding bedrock ores is pretty annoying. They're set to spawn 1 tile below the flat bedrock.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 13, 2017

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Khorne posted:

Finding bedrock ores is pretty annoying. They're set to spawn 1 tile below the flat bedrock.

I did not realize that! I'll see if I can fix that for an update. It may take a few days, though - I'm still without power after Hurricane Irma came through.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I reinstalled java and twitch. I manually removed all instances of java before installing the latest version. The twitch client is configured to use the latest 64-bit java, and I confirmed the version number as the latest.

I'm still having the same issue. I tried googling this, and this was the closest I found to what I'm experiencing: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6afrjv/ftb_beyond_unable_to_drag_scrollbars/

Only the big vanilla-style buttons work. Scrollbars and clickable text in mod menus do not work. Guidebooks work, though. I tried closing as many background programs and processes as I could, and nothing changed.

Looks like I can use the quests in CotT, but not the guide in Modern Skyblock 2. I'll just stick to whatever works for now.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Serifina posted:

I did not realize that! I'll see if I can fix that for an update. It may take a few days, though - I'm still without power after Hurricane Irma came through.
I might have lied I don't know, but I definitely found a bunch going into creative and looking at the layer under what I'm walking on.

Is Iron Backpacks 1.12? Might be a sweet mod for the pack unless there's an equivalent in that case feel free to school me. Other missing things, to me at least, seem to be uhhh... I don't know. I'd consider disabling the lens of the miner from AA personally.

edit: It definitely spawns on the visible layer too! Sorry about that. The ores I found under bedrock in creative show up above it as well due to vein size. Sweet!

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 13, 2017

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I reinstalled java and twitch. I manually removed all instances of java before installing the latest version. The twitch client is configured to use the latest 64-bit java, and I confirmed the version number as the latest.

I'm still having the same issue. I tried googling this, and this was the closest I found to what I'm experiencing: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6afrjv/ftb_beyond_unable_to_drag_scrollbars/

Only the big vanilla-style buttons work. Scrollbars and clickable text in mod menus do not work. Guidebooks work, though. I tried closing as many background programs and processes as I could, and nothing changed.

Looks like I can use the quests in CotT, but not the guide in Modern Skyblock 2. I'll just stick to whatever works for now.
Are you using Windows 10? I've had something like that happen, but it also affects other games, like being unable to drag-scroll the map in Fallout NV. Rebooting usually fixes it though, so it seems to be something in Windows itself.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Yeah, I'm on Windows 10. I may try rebooting with most of my startup programs off. CotT is working well enough. I've uninstalled and reinstalled java, twitch, minecraft, and various mods many times by now. The common thread may be a program or service that's running in the background.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Khorne posted:

I might have lied I don't know, but I definitely found a bunch going into creative and looking at the layer under what I'm walking on.

Is Iron Backpacks 1.12? Might be a sweet mod for the pack unless there's an equivalent in that case feel free to school me. Other missing things, to me at least, seem to be uhhh... I don't know. I'd consider disabling the lens of the miner from AA personally.

edit: It definitely spawns on the visible layer too! Sorry about that. The ores I found under bedrock in creative show up above it as well due to vein size. Sweet!

Wearable Backpacks is in the pack. Iron Backpacks wasn't out when I put the pack together (still isn't unless it came out since I lost power.)

Glad to hear the Bedrock Ores are actually okay. I knew I'd found some before, I just wasn't sure if I'd made a mistake.

Why do you say that about the AA miner lens?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sadly, Iron Backpacks still hasn't updated to 1.12.x. It's one of the mods I'm really waiting for.

Speaking of which, didn't someone in this thread make the Ender Ores mod? If so, any chance of a 1.12.x update? :shobon:

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Sadly, Iron Backpacks still hasn't updated to 1.12.x. It's one of the mods I'm really waiting for.

Speaking of which, didn't someone in this thread make the Ender Ores mod? If so, any chance of a 1.12.x update? :shobon:

It's already updated. And in my pack.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I haven't really kept up with the latest news, are there any skyblock or good hqm packs for 1.12 yet or is it just kitchen sink stuff for now? Kinda want to revisit this game but skyfall kinda ruined me.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Bhodi posted:

I haven't really kept up with the latest news, are there any skyblock or good hqm packs for 1.12 yet or is it just kitchen sink stuff for now? Kinda want to revisit this game but skyfall kinda ruined me.

Skyblock is next on my list to do. The only one I know of is Modern Skyblock which is apparently super grindtastic?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

It has a couple grindy early game stumbling blocks, but for the most part as long as you're proactive about looking for automation solutions and not just doing something over and over that's obviously taking inordinately extended periods of time, I don't find it grindtastic at all. The closest it ever gets to that is dealing with a vanilla cobblestone generator pre automation, which you won't have to do for long if you make a serious priority of automating it ASAP.

Most of my time wasted has been with wasteful inventory management because I haven't been very smart about how I organized my storage scheme, but that's hardly the fault of the pack's author. Generally, if you spend a very long stretch of time doing the same thing, you've screwed up somewhere or haven't yet automated something that could've been. It's just that kind of pack.

Obviously doesn't lend itself to play by inexperienced players because of that, though. A lot of the tools you'll need to automate things aren't hinted at in the pack's guide whatsoever.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 13, 2017

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Shukaro made it and I updated it. It's on every version from 1.7 to 1.12.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ender-ore/files

I haven't actually tested it on 1.12.1 but I assume it works.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I tried a bit of that Modern Skyblock 2. I saw what went into the dusts and got turned off. It looks like you need tons and tons of gunpowder.

In other news, the translation map is coming along:
code:
    [
        {
            "name": "Angel Block",
            "internal_name": "ExtraUtilities:angelBlock",
            "id": 845
        },
        {
            "name": "Angel Block",
            "internal_name": "extrautils2:angelblock",
            "id": 6045
        }
    ],
    [
        {
            "name": "Block Update Detector",
            "internal_name": "ExtraUtilities:budoff",
            "id": 846,
            "metadata": 0
        },
        {
            "name": "Block Update Detector",
            "internal_name": "rscircuits:update_detector",
            "id": 8324
        }
    ],
    [
        {
            "name": "Border Stone",
            "internal_name": "ExtraUtilities:decorativeBlock1",
            "id": 848,
            "metadata": 4
        },
        {
            "name": "Border Stone",
            "internal_name": "extrautils2:decorativesolid",
            "id": 6069,
            "metadata": 0
        }
    ],
    [
        {
            "name": "Buggy Fueling Pad",
            "internal_name": "GalacticraftCore:tile.landingPad",
            "id": 1140,
            "metadata": 1
        },
        {
            "name": "Buggy Fueling Pad",
            "internal_name": "galacticraftcore:landing_pad",
            "id": 6162,
            "metadata": 1
        }
    ],
    [
        {
            "name": "Oxygen Collector",
            "internal_name": "GalacticraftCore:tile.oxygenCollector",
            "id": 1147
        },
        {
            "name": "Oxygen Collector",
            "internal_name": "galacticraftcore:collector",
            "id": 6167
        }
    ],
It's a series of pairs of which the first is BFSR 1.7.10 and bottom is a tentative BFSR 1.10.2 solution. I will see what happens when I add the translations to my hqm migration script in the next few days.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Veinmining via the compressed rock grinders will solve all your gunpowder problems very quickly till you can automate your mob farm.

(Flint converts to gunpowder at a 1:3 ratio via the combustion chamber)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I so wish i could find a Rick and Morty Mod,

Meeseeks box - like a golem but with the annoying dialog

Portal gun - well much like mystcraft/rftools

spaceship you can build,

you can make a potion to cronenberg all mobs around you.

spawn mr poopy butthole

instead of endermen its the galactic federation

need i go on - We need this now!!!!!

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

TheresaJayne posted:

spaceship you can build,

spawn mr poopy butthole

Why.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I tried a bit of that Modern Skyblock 2. I saw what went into the dusts and got turned off. It looks like you need tons and tons of gunpowder.

A simple drop tower mob grinder got me all the gunpowder I ever needed until I reached Botania stage and could dramatic ramp up my production of stuff by turning stacks of flint into gunpowder with a mana pool. (It never seemed enough at first but after getting secundus alchemical dust everything becomes easier)

..also I really recommend that style of mob farm over any other because you'll really want the bloodsplats from mobs falling to their death for EvilCraft later on.

PS: Make lots of hoppers, hoppers for everything, and a redstone clock for your heater, and multiple alchemy tables. And Embers item vacuums. They are extremely powerful and only require being switched on with a lever.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Sep 13, 2017

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

TheresaJayne posted:

spaceship you can build,

spawn mr poopy butthole

meme mods are literally all complete trash

like even rick and morty, as great as it is, would be terrible the moment you made it into a mod

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Serifina posted:

Why do you say that about the AA miner lens?
Trivial to automate and make an endless supply of all ores starting in the early-mid game. I'm not big on balance but it's unbelievably cheap cost wise for what it does, and the pack doesn't really seem to have quarry style stuff besides IE excavator and Bedrock Ore's excavator equivalent which both have reasonable limitations. It also has Environmental Tech's stuff, but they upped the cost for it and it requires a few more resource and 'research' hoops.

So maybe it goes against the pack's theme? It also murders clientside fps (tps is fine). Which is annoying also, but if there's chunk loading you can just set them up far away. It's fine to keep it. I just plan on not using it because it trivializes everything.

I also dislike the canola crap for fps reasons. In theory I like the idea of refining canola. In practice, in-world crafting with high volume fluids is a bad idea. Everything else about AA is alright.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 13, 2017

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

With regrowth, it is the rite of shifting seasons that changed biomes right?

Ive done one for plains and all it did was make it rain over my base. It didnt actually change the biome? (as i still have cracked sand all about)

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

With regrowth, it is the rite of shifting seasons that changed biomes right?

Ive done one for plains and all it did was make it rain over my base. It didnt actually change the biome? (as i still have cracked sand all about)

It doesn't terraform the land, just changes the biome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

but but... then what did i watch on some youtube vid a while back where it terraforms the land?

because that's the entire point of the modpack?

Is that from blood magic?