Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

To quote our dear OP, I'm at critical mast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

quote:

1. New Species 'Other' has been added.
Other Species Characters: Scarlet Witch / Quick Silver

hahaha. Marvel you petty little rear end.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

fart simpson posted:

Who do you have relatively built up already? There's quite a few characters that can do a job in the first 10 Shadowlands floors.

The only person I have Tier 2 is Sharon Rogers in Space Girl uni but the other people I have built up and close to 6/6/420 are Magneto, Anti-Venom, Mantis, Silk (non-uni'd), She-Hulk, Gwen Poole, and Sister Grimm. I'm gonna be ticketing Magneto up to Tier 2. Robbie Reyes and Hellstorm are also both 6 but not close to 420'd. My 5*s are Quake, Mockingbird, Sif, Bullseye, Malekith, Rocket Racoon, Loki and Spider-man

MotU fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 12, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Couple questions. Dimension rifts have no time limit now? Are we still relegated to a set number of people can enter them? If so what if everyone who goes in burns their 30 instant clears on a level 1 stage?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I only have enough chaos norns to do one epic quest. Is one of them considered better to do first?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Strange is way better than wolvie, if you mean you can get all the way through the quest.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm not sure anything was as bad as grinding those Clea bios though.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Dave posted:

I'm not sure anything was as bad as grinding those Clea bios though.

If there was ever a time to justify a F2P player buying a Mega 6* ticket, that quest was it.

Also have they put my boy in yet? If not, I'm heading out for a walk.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find Strange better than Wolvie, but yeah, Wolvie's easier to complete since its way easier to farm his secondary characters than it is to farm Strange's (especially Clea). I got through Strange's by using tickets on a lot of his side characters but I was able to just use the Tracking Missions for Wolverine's.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Imo wolv is better because you get like 5 other dudes who are all pretty decent in their own right.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Those tracking missions are great for Bios to feed to a native T2 as well. I feel like Netmarbu is going to nerf it eventually.

Beast is the only XMen I didn't T2 because I saved bios + feathers for Jean.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The mutants are just really easy to farm compared to everyone else. I naturally T2ed Magneto and Rogue and can probably do Storm this week. Then its just a matter of how long it takes to get the 100 crystals to do Cyclops (I'm guessing about a month but I'm unclear on the changes to the Convertor and what that means for crystal procurement). And then I'l get Beast whenever. He's already at 4/20 with 150 bios to T2 but I'm not gonna bother until after I have Jean Grey and see if there are any other mutants. Although it looks like Cable, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver won't apply to them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MotU posted:

The only person I have Tier 2 is Sharon Rogers in Space Girl uni but the other people I have built up and close to 6/6/420 are Magneto, Anti-Venom, Mantis, Silk (non-uni'd), She-Hulk, Gwen Poole, and Sister Grimm. I'm gonna be ticketing Magneto up to Tier 2. Robbie Reyes and Hellstorm are also both 6 but not close to 420'd. My 5*s are Quake, Mockingbird, Sif, Bullseye, Malekith, Rocket Racoon, Loki and Spider-man

Sharon, Magneto, Anti-Venom, Mantis, Silk, Robbie Reyes, Loki, and Spider-man (if you get his homecoming uniform and/or T2 him) are all gonna do you a SL solid. Gwenpoole and Hellstrom will also be able to help you out a lot in SL but both of them require significant gear/obelisk/iso investment before they're gonna be soloing stages or anything.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gwen poole is quite solid, and a good long term investment cos she can easily do the late SL energy reflect stage, which is otherwise really loving annoying and will make you throw your phone out a window

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
almost all those dudes I listed at least have an 8 slot iso rolled onto them, even if it isnt fully maxed out yet. I think Sharon and Anti-Venom have Overdrive, Mantis and Magneto PoAH, Gwen Hawk's Eye and I know Silk has one but I forget which. IF any of those are blunders tho lemme know

I still am completely in the dark about custom gear stuff like obelisks so if I could be informed what to watch out for and for who I'd appreciate it

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I'm in!!!111

1500 crystals to unlock Quicksilver WB battle (which I already did), 5k for Cable and 8.1k for Scarlet Witch.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I thought it wasn't up for 20 more minutes

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
costumes worth it or

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MotU posted:

almost all those dudes I listed at least have an 8 slot iso rolled onto them, even if it isnt fully maxed out yet. I think Sharon and Anti-Venom have Overdrive, Mantis and Magneto PoAH, Gwen Hawk's Eye and I know Silk has one but I forget which. IF any of those are blunders tho lemme know

I still am completely in the dark about custom gear stuff like obelisks so if I could be informed what to watch out for and for who I'd appreciate it

In general a invincibility proc is the best thing on an obelisk for most characters. 5s invincibility under 50% HP on a 10 second cooldown is the best possible.

If you are cards are bad then Ingore Defense is real nice to have, but it's a rare option. Critical Damage and HP are also nice stats that work well on most dudes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MotU posted:

costumes worth it or

Who cares :homebrew:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The new processor lets you turn phoenix feathers into crystals!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Boost system seems designed to trigger efficiency ocd.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fart simpson posted:

In general a invincibility proc is the best thing on an obelisk for most characters. 5s invincibility under 50% HP on a 10 second cooldown is the best possible.

If you are cards are bad then Ingore Defense is real nice to have, but it's a rare option. Critical Damage and HP are also nice stats that work well on most dudes.

damage proc for your heavy hitters

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't figure out the boost thing at all.

But the new processor is awesome. Being able to use tickets for Specials and Dimesnions means you can basically clear a Dimension on your own and gets way more Special entries then I was getting in 20 minutes. And the World Boss changes seem like a fun new spin on an old thing.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

The new processor lets you turn phoenix feathers into crystals!

And you can convert norns from one type to another at 1:1 ratio which is cool. And debris into guks and back at 3:1 I think?

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
I was pretty excited to check out the new content, and then I looked at all of the unlock requirements.

:stonklol: :suicide:

I look forward to catching up on the rest of my grinding while I check all of that poo poo off over the next month.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
This new boost system seems a lot better than hot time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm getting into the groove but yeah I like it. I think with hot time you could minmax farm better probably but this system is easier to graze on throughout the day as a filthy casual

kertap
Mar 13, 2010

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm delighted with it. I basically stopped playing for the last few weeks because I was sick of having to do stuff during hot time.

But now I'm back baby

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i agree, having to do stuff when The Man says to isnt fun

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also we got some hebrons who pop rifts at weird times and now they're more likely to get done

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I think rifts are basically guaranteed to finish, but getting three seems more chaotic.

edit: the second non-complete one I saw was at <50% when I spotted it, and when I finished a single run it was complete without crediting me, meaning it finished in the minute or so I was running it. I think rifts may sort of have to be ticket only in this brave new world. They're not great for XP, so that's probably not a problem.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 13, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if theyre guaranteed to finish then you just need to get in one, cos you can pop two yourself

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

punchymcpunch posted:

if theyre guaranteed to finish then you just need to get in one, cos you can pop two yourself

This is not actually true for most players.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

oh is that a whale level thing? sorry didnt realise

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Your second rift search comes at VIP7, yeah.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Please add this to the OP:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Underreported facet of the boost change:

The max DRift EN reduction is still 14->9, for 4 boost.

Story c1-10 is still 4->3, for 6 boost. The higher chapters are what they were before, (8?->5) for the same boost cost.

If you want to grind a low story, you should probably burn your boost on something more rewarding first.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Underreported facet of the boost change:

The max DRift EN reduction is still 14->9, for 4 boost.

Story c1-10 is still 4->3, for 6 boost. The higher chapters are what they were before, (8?->5) for the same boost cost.

If you want to grind a low story, you should probably burn your boost on something more rewarding first.

Farming X-Men bios is the same reduction/cost as story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This update is good.

Not gonna blow the crystals to unlock the new bosses though. It'll won't take that long it seems like.