Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Well, this wasn't entirely unexpected. A couple of thoughts:
  • AP have been digging themselves a hole for a long time. Their voter base has traditionally been government employees/union workers, but the drive towards privatization and freelancing coming from AP themselves means there are more people whose bread is now buttered on the other side, and those who remain are demoralized.

• This is also an indictment of Støre personally. I don't care much for the focus on him as a person, but it probably matters quite a bit.

• Høyre hasn't screwed up badly in an immediate sense. E.g. the tax cuts and subsequent pension fund overspending has been incremental, and on the other hand real estate valuations seem to be leveling off in Oslo, partly thanks to a moderate tightening of credit from Jensen's department.

• The left is too fragmented. R, SV and MDG aren't *that* different in practice, although they prioritize their talking points (environment, economy) differently.

• The "excessive demands for purity" argument is lazy and deflects from the fact that people are quite willing to compromise up to a point that has now been crossed. Meanwhile, AP can't out-Høyre Høyre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

I like how the idea here is that the left lost because they were not ideologically pure enough and therefore didn't attract voters and therefore the solution must be to be even more ideologically pure.
Which seems like an odd idea in contrast to concept of actually asking the voters what they want.
The latter is obviously working (see the rise of nationalist parties) and it is interesting to see how the left apparently have lost the touch of appealing to the common man.

On the other hand, this focus on ideological purity is a typical sign of extremist organisations, especially when it goes bad and one sees the exact same behaviour among other political extremes like nationalists.
SD is as an example not seen as an ideological pure party among Swedish nationalists.
This is also the cause why the edges of the political spectra are full of small organisations whose worst enemy is those that belong on the same edge.
There is a reason why S in Sweden spent most of the 20th century keeping the left down and one could say the start of their fall began when they stopped doing that in the 70s.

You are wrong:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess we also have to remember that for Cardiac everything to the left of Mussolini is far-leftist ideological purity.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol guess who was posted on a nordfront fb group w name and address

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
good thing I live in a small town and knows who uploaded the pic

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What did you do to deserve that honour?

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
was being gay at the pub with some mates

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Unforgivable, really.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CAROL posted:

lol guess who was posted on a nordfront fb group w name and address

Why should any one care?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Why should any one care?

Not everyone is a stupid rear end in a top hat like you hth.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Why should any one care?

lol triggered bitch?

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Why should any one care?

Yeah man, he sure got cucked!!

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CAROL posted:

lol triggered bitch?

Not at all. I just wonder.

Edit; what is the facebook group?

Heinz Hynkel fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 13, 2017

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Got to love Støre not understanding why people think ap and høyre are similar, then announcing that if venstre and krf will not allow drilling in Lofoten, then ap will be willing to make a deal to allow it. :v:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
What we really need is a 2 party system.
Keeps things simple :v:

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Rincewinds posted:

Got to love Støre not understanding why people think ap and høyre are similar, then announcing that if venstre and krf will not allow drilling in Lofoten, then ap will be willing to make a deal to allow it. :v:

Jesus AP needs a Corbyn-style uprooting so badly. Does AP have any ancient lefties or is it all full of Høyre-light?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the oil thing is actually the labour left getting their due, they're heavily based on LO support and LO will brook no anti-growth policy from their party

stuff like taxation, labour regulations, state ownership or welfare/judicial reform, on the other hand, are big signals as to the relative strength of the left or right

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
The main reason LO did not want to protect the whole of Lofoten was because organizations related to oil threatened to break out and make their own union if they did. Saying this is due to LO and not Støre being Støre is b.s.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 13, 2017

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

støre actively tried to turn environmentalist on LoVeSe - that and refugee policy were his major social-liberal defeats internally

the man's a centrist, but there are issues where the labour left are further from the e.g. SV than the labour centre - LoVeSe is just opportunistic posturing atm, forcing V to expend effort on that rather than further economic liberalisation

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Frankly, that's probably been the case since Soria Moria, where stoltenberg raised a big thing about it to make it a weapon to outmanouever SV with

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alhazred posted:

You voted for four more years of Sylvi, you're just as bad as HH.

Well i got what i wanted thats true.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How has Denmark generally been doing since 2000?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Still standing strong against the Canadian menace.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Still standing strong against the Canadian menace.

No, they surrendered and let me move here from Toronto. Living in Ørestad now.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

No, they surrendered and let me move here from Toronto. Living in Ørestad now.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're just taking on the traditional role of a hostage by entering our custody and learning our customs.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're just taking on the traditional role of a hostage by entering our custody and learning our customs.

I make rice pudding with raisins here.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Rust Martialis posted:

I make rice pudding with raisins here.

Soon you will be entirely incomprehensible.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Grouchio posted:

Denmark has become a lot more racist. A lot more, like actual, literal dead children washing up on the shores of Europe, drowned while fleeing their countries as a direct consequence of the wars Denmark participate in, didn't move anyone in Denmark - on the contrary. It just made them steel themselves even more against having compassion for brown people. They are just so terrified of Muslims that they can't think straight anymore. The ultra-nationalist party Danish people's party has become the second largest in Denmark (as if that wasn't bad enough, straight up Ayn Rand comedy-hour party is current the fifth largest, with like 14% of the votes, with a much higher percentage among youth votes, expect them to get much bigger as the fygm generation comes into power).

The neocon-neolib alliance to 'starve the beast' continues. That is, the deliberate political agenda of the 'blue block' (recent efforts also supported by the social Democratic Party curiously), to ensure that the quality of public services, from schools to hospitals, get so bad that people will eventually vote to dismantle it completely. Paving the way back for an US style healthcare sector, for-profit tuition-heavy universities, a terrible public school sector, with private schools being preferred by anyone who can afford it - putting an end to probably the most well-functioning public sector in the world, which an enormous part in malign Denmark, as a country, so successful on all measurable parameters. I wish this was an exaggeration, but it is literally what the blue block agenda is - with Danish People's party being the most reluctant, but as long as they get to feed Muslims into the wood-chipper, they'll go along with anything.

Some good news though, comically, even though the main argument for the dismantling of the welfare-state described above, is based on a 'we can afford it' argumentation, economically speaking Denmark has never been in a better position. As a country Denmark has never been richer and we've fully recovered from the financial crisis, companies are producing record profits on top of record profits. Economic inequality is growing obviously though.

Other good news, uhm... Looks like we're winning the climate change lottery in the short term (but will be completely under water in the long term). The new 'rich person music-food festival' Haven was real good.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Looks like we're winning the climate change lottery in the short term (but will be completely under water in the long term).
gently caress off dude, Denmark isn't Copenhagen.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I wish people would stop saying stuff like that.

Norway is Oslo, Denmark is Copenhagen and Sweden is Stockholm Gothenburg.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sweden is Pungpinan

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Baudolino posted:

Well i got what i wanted thats true.

FrP makes it clear that if Venstre joins the government their only function will be to ensure that FrP's policies goes through.
And Venstre is so spineless that they'll probably agree with that.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

CAROL posted:

Sweden is Pungpinan

Nah, it's Groddammen.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Revelation 2-13 posted:

As a country Denmark has never been richer and we've fully recovered from the financial crisis, companies are producing record profits on top of record profits.

Depending on the type of company, that can actually be a bad sign. Some of the greatest private profits are made in countries with weak or weakening governments, for the reasons you'd expect: State capture, lax regulation, salaries that are not in proportion to value produced, monopolies, etc. I know that's not what you meant, but it's useful to keep in mind whenever you see private profits and general well-being being brought up together.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Speaking of weak governance: https://www.tu.no/artikler/oljemynd...lliarder/405367

quote:

Nå kan det vise seg at det aktuelle scenariet ville gitt en negativ nåverdi, fremfor en positiv bruttoinntekt på nær 270 milliarder kroner.

Just lmao. Looking forward to an extremely accurate Lofoten report.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

RIP Syndrome posted:

Depending on the type of company, that can actually be a bad sign. Some of the greatest private profits are made in countries with weak or weakening governments, for the reasons you'd expect: State capture, lax regulation, salaries that are not in proportion to value produced, monopolies, etc. I know that's not what you meant, but it's useful to keep in mind whenever you see private profits and general well-being being brought up together.

This is one of the most infuriating things to hear, that "the economy is doing great" when what that means is that the richest companies and people are doing so great that it outweighs how poorly the rest are doing.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thank god for tactical voting.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Hey should perhaps Rødt be included in the introduction in the OP?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Grouchio posted:

You have to be a lot more specific or I'll have to write a 50-page screed about welfare and education gutting, homelessness, mismanagement, social dumping, war, corruption, tax cuts and evasion, human rights violations, racism, fascism, mass surveillance, illegal arrests, free speech, and the state of journalism.

TL;DR: It's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Government Handjob posted:

Hey should perhaps Rødt be included in the introduction in the OP?

It should. I did that summary for the last local election or something, so it's out of date. I'd prefer if somebody else does it.

SplitSoul posted:

You have to be a lot more specific or I'll have to write a 50-page screed about welfare and education gutting, homelessness, mismanagement, social dumping, war, corruption, tax cuts and evasion, human rights violations, racism, fascism, mass surveillance, illegal arrests, free speech, and the state of journalism.

TL;DR: It's poo poo.

Denmark still does that thing where they just confiscate refugees' jewelry and other valuables upon entry right?