Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He's a smug lovely prick who regularly hurts and abuses a defenseless child

he was designed to be hated in an incredibly effective manner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We get colour pages this week too :allears:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm absolutely giddy with excitement about seeing Mirio getting animated in ten years

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm excited to see Moonfish get animated. His power will be nice and creepy in motion.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's like Horikoshi went "Hm, how can I make a parental figure even worse than Endeavor?"

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
You know, in retrospect, with it having been revealed that Overhaul isn't Eri's father, I do find it a bit odd that none of us asked "Wait, Overhaul was willing to have intimate physical contact with another human being for long enough to have a child?".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Probably nobody gave Overhaul any thought because on top of being an extremely bad dad he's also just not all that interesting.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I suppose it does indicate that Eri's real parents are out there somewhere- but she talked like no one had literally ever been kind to her so who knows if they're still around?

It seems convenient for overhaul to mention she isn't his daughter. It makes sense so it implies she has somewhere to go when she's rescued. I kinda wanna think she gets rescued here- there's a lot of interesting setups but it all has to answer the following questions:

If Overhaul gets away with Eri somehow where can he continue working on his bullets since his alibi is now well and blown and his facilities/men are captured- as well as his funds likely being frozen? Could Shiggy introduce him to Dr. Noumu and the site AFO used to hang at if he even knows where it is?

If Eri is rescued I guess that could be UA vs VA round 3- with them launching an attack on Eri's location to retrieve her.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've been thinking her actual father is the real leader of the Yakuza group that Chisaki has been keeping on life support.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've been thinking her actual father is the real leader of the Yakuza group that Chisaki has been keeping on life support.

Wouldn't that make her his sister? Since I assume Chisaki is his son.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought they strongly hinted Chisaki was an orphan the leader took in?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Chisaki's motivation is still kinda confusing to me. Like, he was taken in by this yakuza boss, but then went against the guy's wishes with this extreme idea. Also for whatever reason his general demeanor gives me the impression he'll have some sort of sympathetic motive.

If Chisaki's plan is to eliminate all quirks, it would be hilarious if it turns out he's totally correct and would have brought about a great peace (or at least more peace than the status quo). Gotta explode young girls to make an omelet, as they say.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm betting Eri is getting rescued and will be an important character going forward

her intro chapter was named "Boy Meets Girl" after all

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I liked him more as an evil lovely dad. Overhaul's background made him way less interesting than what was fabricated. Maybe the goal was to make him more distinct from Endeavor or something but reducing this dude down to literally "just" a Yakuza is real loving boring. Maybe it means more and hits home more for a Japanese audience than it does for me but eh.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I liked him more as an evil lovely dad. Overhaul's background made him way less interesting than what was fabricated. Maybe the goal was to make him more distinct from Endeavor or something but reducing this dude down to literally "just" a Yakuza is real loving boring. Maybe it means more and hits home more for a Japanese audience than it does for me but eh.

Wait, people actually thought Overhaul was Eri's real dad? it was totally obvious he was lying from the very beginning.

edit: I don't know if it makes sense to call him "just a yakuza", since he's directly going against the desires of the leader of the yakuza group he joined. He clearly has greater ambitions than just being a powerful yakuza group.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He also heavily changed the group away form what Yakuza are. The boss stated they did not want to lose the chivalry they had.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I remember when this first happened everyone was debating whether it was 5 seconds or 5 minutes, but seeing him use his abilities against the yakuza pretty much makes it clear that it's 5 seconds, I think.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 12, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that debate was mind-numbing

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Chisaki's motivation is still kinda confusing to me. Like, he was taken in by this yakuza boss, but then went against the guy's wishes with this extreme idea. Also for whatever reason his general demeanor gives me the impression he'll have some sort of sympathetic motive.

If Chisaki's plan is to eliminate all quirks, it would be hilarious if it turns out he's totally correct and would have brought about a great peace (or at least more peace than the status quo). Gotta explode young girls to make an omelet, as they say.

I think he's loyal to the boss, but doesn't agree with methodology and is so set on doing whatever he plans to do.

If the boss were in better condition, Chisaki would probably have respected his wishes, but since the boss is down and Chisaki is the leader at the moment, he's doing what he thinks is best.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Unless Chisaki is the reason he is the way he is now.

Remember, he can "remodel" people. If he can improve them he can hurt them just as easily.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think Chisaki just kind of has more in common with Stain than he does with the Yakuza. He's way more motivated by his personal ideology/neurosis than by any kind of profit motive.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TFRazorsaw posted:

Unless Chisaki is the reason he is the way he is now.

Remember, he can "remodel" people. If he can improve them he can hurt them just as easily.

Oh right, forgot about that.

Chisaki's quirk is so insane, it's like Shigaraki's but even better????

If Chisaki had been a good guy he could have done so much work as a healer since he can apparently even get rid of diseases as well.

It's tragic really.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hate-Senpai posted:

Oh right, forgot about that.

Chisaki's quirk is so insane, it's like Shigaraki's but even better????

If Chisaki had been a good guy he could have done so much work as a healer since he can apparently even get rid of diseases as well.

It's tragic really.
Though he'd also have the Shinso problem of "everyone thinks I have a villain power".

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

His power is basically alchemy from FMA but stronger, so I don't think people would find it inherently villainous the way they would brainwashing -- it completely depends on how it's used.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Overhaul is definitely the best quirk besides the obvious All for One. He'd be the best healer in the world, he could turn any disaster site into a state of the art hospital and evacuation site, his power's unbelievably versatile in a fight on top of the one hit kill/ko. He can do everything Momo can do but without any restrictions. People are comparing it to FMA but FMA requires circles and has restrictions on humans and what not. He wouldn't necessarily beat the most unstoppable 1 on 1 fighter around (as we saw with Mirio, and even that I feel like could've been written the other way rather easily) but all the other things he can do are so insanely versatile and useful.

Maybe there's some restrictions and weaknesses we don't know about built in but as it's been presented so far it'd be my #1 quirk choice.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 12, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well I assume Overhaul can't change the mass of anything it alters (Unless it destorys parts.)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He trapped that one member of the Resevoir Dogs in a tire, didn't he?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Two Tone Shoes posted:

People are comparing it to FMA but FMA requires circles and has restrictions on humans and what not

Circles were for scrubs that didn't gently caress with human transmutation. All you had to do was clap.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TFRazorsaw posted:

He trapped that one member of the Resevoir Dogs in a tire, didn't he?

Well that was just fusing him into a Tire. He was likley still the same weight and everything. Overhaul restored him anyway.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Rudoku posted:

Circles were for scrubs that didn't gently caress with human transmutation. All you had to do was clap.

in essence, people who gained that power through human transmutation are still using a circle, it's just that their own body becomes the circle and clapping is a form of finishing the loop.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

My guess is that the boss of the Cleaners told Overhaul he was planning to disband the group. But to Overhaul, the group is his home, so he might've snapped and "remodeled" the boss to be sick. Overhaul probably thinks that if he can pull of his plan to erase everyone's Quirks, the Yakuza would be able to remain relevant and the boss would HAVE to forgive him for what he's done.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In the offical VIZ translation one of the guys captured at the start of the raid says he believes Overhaul is responsible for the Boss' sickness. In the fan translation he just says "that guy he-" or something equally meaningless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I see Mirio has already lost his quirk in that picture.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

I see Mirio has already lost his quirk in that picture.

Wait, that's not Lucas?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/153/4560/1

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Welp, Overhaul really is like something out of FMA after all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gonna be great when Toga Twice and Shigaraki murder the hell out of Overhaul. I'm really looking forward to it.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
It's nice to see Shou Tucker is still getting work.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is shonen as hell and I loving love it. Think this is the most hype I've been for a chapter since AfO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Mirio... you did splendidly"

;-;