Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

:colbert: Well I guess you've got me on that one!

:yeah:

Pictured: art related to the mythical city of ys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

When I want to make myself butterpopcorn, I slap like half of a stick in a pan, put it on top of my PC and play a game. That way it melts nicely, and I don't have to get up and put it on a stove or some poo poo.

Video games saved me yet again.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I honestly wasn't really ready for Ys VIII to come out, given that I still have so much of BotW to go through. It's starting to look more and more like I won't be able to get to Persona 5 until 2018 and Tales of Berseria (which I already own!!) until how many months after that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Persona 5 and Tales of Berseria are interesting to contrast too since they're both about rebelling against entrenched authority but go about it in pretty different ways and for different reasons.

Makes another interesting contrast to a game like FF15 too, where Noctis represents the old authority that has been overthrown that must be reasserted.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad I don't have that many rpgs to work through at the moment.

Of the current rpgs I've been playing, I'm working my way through Pillars of Eternity and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, occasionally playing some hyrule warriors on the side because I just really wanna complete the adventure maps and call that game done but the majora's mask map is tough and I need to catch KCB in the mood to play co-op so that we can manage the map I'm stuck at better since it's one of those maps where you're more or less required to be everywhere at once.

Once I finish with hyrule warriors, I'm definitely going to find xenoblade chronicles and continue through that. I never beat it, furthest I ever got was just entering the bridge sword place, but that was an old save that I couldn't transfer over to my wii u playthrough so I had to play through most of the game again and I'm up to just past the forest area, the new exploration area above the big tree.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I went back and finished Xenoblade Chronicles recently and it wasn't really worth it. Play something else instead IMO.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Zetsubou-san posted:

the finished version of star citizen

Are you assuming that if the game never comes out you'll just live forever? An interesting gamble.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
True believers get to play a fully functional version of Star Citizen in the afterlife, but they can't take the backer-exclusive spaceships with them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh right, I forgot to post these in here. I saw an ad on facebook for these uhh...things lol

I dunno what these are supposed to be though.

I feel like those would hurt to use though or would easily warp/bend/break during use...

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FirstAidKite posted:

Pictured: art related to the mythical city of ys
Couldn't help it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I went back and finished Xenoblade Chronicles recently and it wasn't really worth it. Play something else instead IMO.

I enjoy it when I play it, I just haven't gotten around to it in a while. I liked looking at the pretty scenery and exploring around.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also the new Metroid lol, now that reviews are coming out and it's looking quite good. Too many video games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh right, I forgot to post these in here. I saw an ad on facebook for these uhh...things lol

idk the boss key is a cute idea

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FirstAidKite posted:

The Hyrule shield and the key blade ones seem alright, but imagine trying to lock and unlock your front door with a gunblade key every day. The cherry on top is the dinky ring for your key ring to go through; fat rings won't fit and it looks likely to break off in the best conditions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly I'd buy the keyblade key if it wasn't completely the wrong shape and looked like rear end

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

idk the boss key is a cute idea

Yeah, but then there's the monado which looks like it'd be fragile or oathkeeper which looks like it'd hurt to use or keep in your pocket :v:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I just began watching Game of Thrones with my sister and I think that is Jon Snow's sword :D

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Palpek posted:

Couldn't help it.

:laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Endorph posted:

i cant blame youtube considering how 90% of insane internet blowups are centered on video games

Video games finally grew up like everyone said it needed to do. Just it grew up into your incredibly racist, sexist LGBT hating anti-social uncle no one in the family wants to deal with but keeps tagging everyone in Facebook rants about Jewish people

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LawfulWaffle posted:

If you had the chance to play one last game before you died, what would your last game be?

Don't you mean when

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Really we should play and enjoy every game as if it's our last.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
New Metroid in 2 days :eek:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

Really we should play and enjoy every game as if it's our last.

I will take this attitude with me into Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, namaste

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

nachos posted:

Same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nachos posted:

I preordered this so I hope its not bad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does the Metroid 2 remake require the New 3DS at all, or is it like Hyrule Warriors Legends where it doesn't require it but it is basically needed to enjoy it?

Also, I hope there is a good black friday deal for the switch. I remember getting the splatoon/smash bros wii u bundle for black friday a few years back, such a great deal.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am going to finish Zero Mission today and then I am off Saturday for Samus Returns. Gaming is good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am going to finish Zero Mission today and then I am off Saturday for Samus Returns. Gaming is good.

I might play through ZM again Thursday but, I may wait until after Samus Returns so I don't have insane expectations for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

Does the Metroid 2 remake require the New 3DS at all, or is it like Hyrule Warriors Legends where it doesn't require it but it is basically needed to enjoy it?

Also, I hope there is a good black friday deal for the switch. I remember getting the splatoon/smash bros wii u bundle for black friday a few years back, such a great deal.

It doesn't require a New 3DS but I've no idea how it runs on an old one

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Video games finally grew up like everyone said it needed to do. Just it grew up into your incredibly racist, sexist LGBT hating anti-social uncle no one in the family wants to deal with but keeps tagging everyone in Facebook rants about Jewish people

No one has ever described me like that before

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

There's also a Nintendo Direct tonight so life won't be a crippling nightmare for 45 minutes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll be asleep for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

There's also a Nintendo Direct tonight so life won't be a crippling nightmare for 45 minutes

Im going to miss it QQ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want the Alien to come back in Isolation, this isn't fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

I want the Alien to come back in Isolation, this isn't fun.

The only time I had fun in Isolation was when the alien wasn't around

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Nintendo won't sell me all the dolls necessary for maximum Samus Returns enjoyment though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is the nintendo direct about metroid 2 or something else?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Is the nintendo direct about metroid 2 or something else?

"Upcoming switch releases", filling in more of the calendar for post-Mario Odyssey. They've had 1-2 exclusive releases every month since launch so I'm assuming that will continue for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Palpek posted:

Couldn't help it.

postingaboutpolitics.jpg

• Locked thread