  • Post
PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Your point was "fleeing en masse" 1 out of 1000 is not.

They're not fleeing, they're touring to promote their movies.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shadin posted:

You're right of course, I'm just kind of amazed anyone tries trolling on dead comedy forums where everyone has developed skin like tire rubber over the last 18 years of seeing dumb poo poo on the Internet.

I have to be honest: there are so many people here that I sometimes feel overlooked and that no one is reading my posts. I can easily see that sad, lonely feeling extending to where you purposely say stupid poo poo just to get a response. Of course my response to that is to go out into the real world and talk to a real person but I guess some people just can't? All I read when someone is so obviously trolling, having paid ten dollars for that privilege, is "Soooooooo lonely."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Duke Igthorn posted:

I have to be honest: there are so many people here that I sometimes feel overlooked and that no one is reading my posts. I can easily see that sad, lonely feeling extending to where you purposely say stupid poo poo just to get a response. Of course my response to that is to go out into the real world and talk to a real person but I guess some people just can't? All I read when someone is so obviously trolling, having paid ten dollars for that privilege, is "Soooooooo lonely."

This got really dark, really quickly.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

I have to be honest: there are so many people here that I sometimes feel overlooked and that no one is reading my posts. I can easily see that sad, lonely feeling extending to where you purposely say stupid poo poo just to get a response. Of course my response to that is to go out into the real world and talk to a real person but I guess some people just can't? All I read when someone is so obviously trolling, having paid ten dollars for that privilege, is "Soooooooo lonely."

Well that's certainly an angle that I hadn't considered.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

A nice one from Facebook

Gotta love the implication that real = white

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The little frog helps with that assumption.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I wonder if the saggy pants thing is just an anti-millennial thing. Are there other 'hated fashion' from the previous generations?

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

ZDar Fan posted:

A nice one from Facebook

Gotta love the implication that real = white
that's some Mr Clean looking shirt right there. Definitely real real

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

toanoradian posted:

I wonder if the saggy pants thing is just an anti-millennial thing. Are there other 'hated fashion' from the previous generations?

I doubt bell bottoms were a cross-generational hit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ZDar Fan posted:

A nice one from Facebook

Gotta love the implication that real = white

That shirt is impossibly white.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Hunter S. Thompson famously shaved his head bald so he could declare the person he ran against his "long haired opponent" in the 70's when he ran for sheriff.

His opponent was a right wing Republican named Carrol D. Whitmire. Can't find a good pic but the dude basically always had a high-and-tight.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 13, 2017

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

RIP vilerat

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
I thought the problem with millennials was supposed to be their impossibly tight skinny jeans. MAKE UP YOUR MIND OLD PERSON MEMES

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I sorta suspect millennials aren't the group targeted by that meme.
Saggy pants is usually something directed at black people, at least in my experience.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Black....millennials????

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Serfer posted:

RIP vilerat

:(

What's worse is if you look at his first real post in the thread.

Vilerat posted:

We'll start it off by everybody's favorite sheriff Joe Arpaio! Including family members commentary for extra cringe...

quote:

The bleeding heart liberal media don't report the good stuff, they only only report negative stuff.
( in my view)

My kind of man. now if they would only make him the head of homeland
security.

> [...]
>
> HE IS THE MARICOPA ARIZONA COUNTY
> SHERIFF
>
> AND HE KEEPS GETTING ELECTED OVER AND OVER
> THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY:
>
> Sheriff Joe
> Arpaio (In Arizona ) who created the ' Tent City
> Jail': He has jail meals down to 40 cents a serving and
> charges the inmates for them.
>
> He stopped smoking and porno magazines in the jails. Took
> away their weights Cut off all but 'G' movies.
>
> He started chain gangs so the inmates
> could do free work on county and city projects.
>
> Then He Started Chain Gangs For Women So He Wouldn't
> Get Sued For Discrimination.
>
> He took away cable TV Until he found out there was A
> Federal Court Order that Required Cable TV For Jails So He
> Hooked Up The Cable TV Again . Only
> Let In The Disney Channel And The Weather Channel.
>
> When asked why the weather channel He Replied, So They Will
> Know How Hot It's Gonna Be While They Are Working ON My
> Chain Gangs.
>
> He Cut Off Coffee Since It Has Zero Nutritional Value.
>
> When the inmates complained, he told them, 'This
> Isn't The Ritz/Carlton....... If You Don't Like It,
> Don't Come Back.'
>

> More On The Arizona Sheriff:
>
> With Temperatures Being Even Hotter Than Usual In Phoenix
> (116 Degrees Just Set A New Record), the Associated Press
> Reports: About 2,000 Inmates Living In A
> Barbed-Wire-Surrounded Tent Encampment At The Maricopa County
> Jail Have Been Given Permission To Strip Down To
> Their Government-Issued Pink Boxer Shorts.
>
> On
> Wednesday, hundreds of men wearing boxers were either
> curled up on their bunk beds or chatted in the tents, which
> reached 138 Degrees Inside The Week Before.
>
> Many Were Also Swathed In Wet, Pink Towels As Sweat
> Collected On Their Chests And Dripped Down To Their PINK
> SOCKS.
>
> 'It Feels Like We Are In A Furnace,' Said James
> Zanzot, An Inmate Who Has Lived In The TENTS for 1 year.
> 'It's Inhumane.'
>
> Joe
> Arpaio, the tough-guy sheriff who created the tent
> city and long ago started making his prisoners wear pink,
> and eat bologna sandwiches, is not one bit sympathetic....
> He said Wednesday that he told all of the inmates:
> 'It's 120 Degrees In Iraq And Our Soldiers Are
> Living In Tents Too, And They Have To Wear Full Battle Gear,
> But They Didn't Commit Any Crimes, So Shut Your
> Mouths!'
>
> Way To Go, Sheriff!
>
> Maybe if all prisons were like this one there would be a
> lot less crime and/or repeat offenders. Criminals should be
> punished for their crimes - not live in luxury until
> it's time for their parole, only to go out and commit
> another crime so they can get back in to live on taxpayers
> money and enjoy things taxpayers can't afford to have
> for themselves.
>
> If you agree, pass this on. If not, just delete

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Well that's a loving cloud over the evening.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

ZDar Fan posted:

A nice one from Facebook

Gotta love the implication that real = white

That guy looks like a big ol' gay bottom with a lisp to me.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's definitely rocking the Castro clone look a bit.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I haven't seen a person of any color sagging their pants since 2011.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Coffee And Pie posted:

I haven't seen a person of any color sagging their pants since 2011.

I assume you don't work with teenagers. It's alive and well in all races.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Coffee And Pie posted:

I haven't seen a person of any color sagging their pants since 2011.

Same here. Of course when I was in middle school they considered "sagging" to be when the waistband was below the belly button, so pretty much everyone is sagging by that definition.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I have no butt so even with a belt my poo poo sags. I either have to strangle myself with the belt, which isn't fun, or wear suspenders, and I'm not loving doing that.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I have no butt so even with a belt my poo poo sags. I either have to strangle myself with the belt, which isn't fun, or wear suspenders, and I'm not loving doing that.

OR you could squat and get sick butt gains

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I have no butt so even with a belt my poo poo sags. I either have to strangle myself with the belt, which isn't fun, or wear suspenders, and I'm not loving doing that.

Eat more fibre and put more effort into wiping.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I do go to the gym. My leg workout is only incline presses and extensions though. I have problems doing squats.

Content:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is that an actual weather phenomenon or just photoshopping? Cool clouds are cool.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Scruff McGruff posted:

IIRC there are rare instances where it can be a big hurt* to bump up one bracket but it basically only applies to jobs where a lot of the money you make comes in the form of bonuses at the end of the year. I believe the rate your bonuses are taxed is based on which tax bracket you finish in from your regular salary so theoretically if you make that one dollar more in salary in can mean a big change in your bonus take-home.

*But again, this is basically a hypothetical and still basically only affects people who are already making a shitload of money and the difference becomes that they make slightly less than the original shitload of money. This may not even be true, I'm not a tax professional. What I'm saying is Eat The Rich.

Also there are corner cases with

- poor person summed benefits, which is awful, and
- mortgage assistance weird poo poo, which isn't great for some middle class folks but you have to hit some fairly specific criteria

But neither of those is directly tax related.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Is that an actual weather phenomenon or just photoshopping? Cool clouds are cool.

They’re called gravity waves and they are a cool phenomenon.

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_484.html

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 13, 2017

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Pretty sure we get gravity waves when HAARP successfully shoots down a UFO.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Several of my Facebook friends have shared this one today:

Aside from how obviously fake it is, I love the fact that he's literally grabbing them by the pussy!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mmm I'm so glad I asked. loving awesome.

Vinny the Shark
Oct 11, 2005

Dexie posted:

Several of my Facebook friends have shared this one today:

Aside from how obviously fake it is, I love the fact that he's literally grabbing them by the pussy!

Yeah, it's totally fake. Here's the debunk and the original. Couldn't find the original pic in color, though-

http://www.snopes.com/trump-saved-two-cats-after-hurricane-harvey/
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/13710298/cat_clip/

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I do go to the gym. My leg workout is practically non-existent.

:colbert:

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah. I know.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Vinny the Shark posted:

Yeah, it's totally fake. Here's the debunk and the original. Couldn't find the original pic in color, though-

http://www.snopes.com/trump-saved-two-cats-after-hurricane-harvey/
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/13710298/cat_clip/

That needed to be debunked? Besides the whole body not being anywhere near what Trump looks like. The fact that the secret service would physically restrain him before he got in the water and that no unidentified black man would survive getting that close to the president.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Trump would need to lose about 100lbs for that fake to work. Lazy propagandist - couldn't they find a picture of a fat man rescuing some pets? Or would that have challenged their "Trump as he-man" hallucination?

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

BarbarianElephant posted:

Trump would need to lose about 100lbs for that fake to work. Lazy propagandist - couldn't they find a picture of a fat man rescuing some pets? Or would that have challenged their "Trump as he-man" hallucination?

img-every Ben Garrison cartoon

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dexie posted:

Several of my Facebook friends have shared this one today:

Aside from how obviously fake it is, I love the fact that he's literally grabbing them by the pussy!

Ah the real life ben garrison trump

Surely real

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So, ever so gradually my mother has clearly been swayed by right-wing media over the last decade or so. I attribute this in large part to her libertarian husband, but it still dismays me considering what she has gone through in life.

Growing up I never knew her to feel strongly about politics, but I know she has been on the low side of life, having to declare bankruptcy after she divorced my father when I was very young, and working long hours and poor paying jobs. Through hard work and what I assume no small amount of assistance from a combination of friends/family/government she managed have a successful career in nursing, and now has her dream business of running a lucrative wedding venue.

Anyway, while I love my mother, I've always known her to be a woman who looks out for herself, especially when it comes to money, and she is very good at justifying her actions to herself. This being said she has taken to posting poo poo like this:
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/we-swore-we-would-never-forget-911-we-did

on social media, and I've gotten into the habit of calling her out on her awful opinions. I have been in the military just shy of 10 years, and this kind of stuff just makes my blood boil. It is only compounded by the fact that I've been interested in politics and history far longer than my mother ever has, and would consider myself a patriot, especially compared to a woman who didn't even want me to join the military, and as far as I can tell knows nothing about it beyond what she sees on TV.

I am almost at the point where I think my joining the military might be in part responsible for her political slide since she became noticeably more of a "flag-waver" after that. I told her this particular video was trash and that I wanted to sit down with her and go over it point-by-point why it is offensive and un-American. I've already typed up a synopsis that debunks a lot of the claims in it, but if anyone else has some commentary on it I would gladly incorporate it.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4