Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I think the other point, STR, is that the difference between Texas and even the fairly unprogressive areas of the UK would've been more than a little stark the further back you go.

I'd also say the main thing nowadays is that a teenager's peer group probably doesn't give that much of a poo poo about this stuff, it's a lot more normalised as part of society for them - and even if parents etc have hangups about it, if there's one thing teenagers are good at, it's deciding their elders are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I smacked a pothole really goddamn hard last night - enough that both my front passenger low beam and front passenger turn signal called it quits.

Ahahaha, sorry man but what the gently caress is wrong with TxDoT? Like, I know we all play the game of "OUR roads are worse, no OURS are the WORST" here, but holy diver at potholes of that magnitude. Or were you going 60+ or something?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DesperateDan posted:

Rather have a phone i can janitor and fiddle with rather than be locked out of such options, but its very true a lot of android users would be happier with ios.

Im gonna bet that its not really about anything to do with the kitchen, its just how its presenting itself. Brace yourself for a talk.

We had the talk. She's just really stressed out with trying to work full time, and go to school, and do this mortgage and homebuilding process. She feels taken advantage of by the mortgage company and she took it out on the builder. But to her it's 'them versus us' so the builder, lender, title company, realtor, etc all get lumped into 'them'

Personal finance chat:
On the up side I just paid off all my credit card debt. It turns out that Dad left me a surprise life insurance policy that we thought lapsed years ago.
Thanks, Dad.

I'm keeping the car note though because it's only $300/month and 2ish% interest. I'm hanging onto what's leftover for now, and after I pay taxes in February/March I'll use what's left to either frame in the basement, build a shed, or finish the garage.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Ahahaha, sorry man but what the gently caress is wrong with TxDoT? Like, I know we all play the game of "OUR roads are worse, no OURS are the WORST" here, but holy diver at potholes of that magnitude. Or were you going 60+ or something?

Well, most of the roads that really suck aren't state-maintained. OK, those suck, too, but the worst are usually city streets.
Of all places, Las Colinas, the fancy bit of Irving, TX, has some awesomely crappy roads here in their tourist/business district. Baffling.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Darchangel posted:

Well, most of the roads that really suck aren't state-maintained. OK, those suck, too, but the worst are usually city streets.
Of all places, Las Colinas, the fancy bit of Irving, TX, has some awesomely crappy roads here in their tourist/business district. Baffling.

Go to Houston! Kirby, Bellaire, West U and Rice Village. Million dollar homes and you need a 4x4 to get down the street.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mr-Spain posted:

Go to Houston! Kirby, Bellaire, West U and Rice Village. Million dollar homes and you need a 4x4 to get down the street.

I've been to Houston. I do not doubt this at all.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Jesus, today went to hell in a handbasket.

I couldn't sleep, so I did what I usually do.. stay up on the computer. At 9am all hell breaks loose, roommates start ripping me new assholes for being inconsiderate and "typing all loud".

... you guys are sleeping on my loving couch, in my living room, WITH EAR PLUGS. Had you said something, I would have gone to my room. Then they went off about me cooking breakfast at 4am.

And it got even better. Brandon got right up in my face daring me to touch him, started calling me "loving cock sucking human being, you're too loving human being to push me". Made my way around him, opened the door, told him give me the key, which he did. Made the mistake of standing behind the door, fucker mule kicked it. Knocked out a tooth and left a huge knot on my head.

I no longer have roommates. His wife took off on foot when I called the police. He stuck around and tried to press assault charges... except I'm the one missing a tooth, and I have a knot on my head. He went to jail. Cops came up to get his insulin, I told them I wanted him out. They mentioned I may have to evict, I held up his key and said he told me he was moving out immediately, they suggested I throw everything of his in garbage bags and leave it on the porch the day he gets out.

loving christ, Rhyno's luck with friends is rubbing off on me. I have a bitch of a migraine, what's left of my tooth hurts, and my nose hurts.

Mad props to Garland PD though. They saw right through his bullshit, and were nothing but professional with me.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I was doing about 20. Downtown late at night, think I was on Bryan. It was a hard enough hit that the bottom of the chassis hit the ground. I honestly thought I'd run over a curb, except there was no forward smack, just a sharp downward SLAM.

I was hoping it had put a bubble in the tire... it's the only tire NOT new. No such luck though. No visible body damage, but the subframe looks like it got smacked. :sigh: I'll have to get the alignment checked.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 13, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fuuuuuuuucking hell, dude. :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

annnnd just got a text from his wife saying she's having a miscarriage.

I'm totally sure it's all my fault when she's been bitching for days about "something not feeling right". Third trimester and not a single OB/GYN visit.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 13, 2017

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

It's cool and good to refer to a woman who is miscarrying her baby as 'bitching' in reference to her mentioning she has felt ill prior to said miscarriage

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

It's cool and good to refer to a woman who is miscarrying her baby as 'bitching' in reference to her mentioning she has felt ill prior to said miscarriage

Fuuuuuck you. Also your username disqualfies you from that line of accusation.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Statutory Ape posted:

I've been trying to get her to go to the ER for a WEEK. She's also in her third trimester; you get a still birth at that point if things go pear shaped, but not a miscarriage. The baby was kicking just fine last night.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 13, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

Yeah I'm not feeling any sympathy for someone who supports their husband beating up their landlord, or doesn't see a need to get medical care for themselves, or tries to pin the blame for anything bad that happens on someone who didn't put that fetus there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Holy hell STR. Stay safe.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

This will be his 4th kid... he owes over half a million in child support to 3 other women.

He also refuses to manage his diabetes (sugar regularly over 700, in the hospital a couple of times a month).

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah I'm not feeling any sympathy for someone who supports their husband beating up their landlord, or doesn't see a need to get medical care for themselves, or tries to pin the blame for anything bad that happens on someone who didn't put that fetus there.

Cool, a baby that could have been born just died. But you're right. The mom had it coming.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

He also refuses to manage his diabetes (sugar regularly over 700, in the hospital a couple of times a month).

that is pretty lol though

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

Cool, a baby that could have been born just died. But you're right. The mom had it coming.

That's not his argument you SJW fuckwit. Stop looking for a fight.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Never said it doesn't suck, I said it's not STR's fault, and I don't see how after getting clocked in the head by her husband, somehow he's in the wrong for using the phrase "bitching" about someone who won't seek medical attention.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

SJW is not a pejorative, and that you think it is is pretty telling.

Edit: But thats alright. I'm going to peace right the hell out of AI. You want to talk trash about miscarrying mothers and stillborn third trimester kids, I'll continue to post about yogurt and fall clothes in GBS and find a place to ask questions about my truck somewhere else. I'm sure neither party here will feel any significant loss.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Statutory Ape posted:

Whose mans is this? lmao

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I feel for her, I really do (especially for being married to such a shithead husband), and I especially feel for the child (or child that could have been, if the child is stillborn). But she's also done nothing to manage her health, or her child's health.

She's obese, which I understand is hard to control (she's always been big as long as I've known her - she's about 275 now). But she also smokes cigs like a chimney (pack a day all through the pregnancy), smokes weed like Bob Marley, drinks regularly, and still dabbles with meth occasionally. She doesn't eat healthy in any way, and has yet to see an OB/GYN.

The baby was alive and kicking last night, but "didn't feel right" (and hasn't "felt right" in a week).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 13, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Statutory Ape posted:

Depends on the context. It absolutely can be a pejorative.

Edit: I was just telling STR that the Ape rear end in a top hat needed a bigger beat down, but I didn't need to eat a sixer... then I looked... I've made it over a year without a probation... first time since 2010. I'm getting soft.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 13, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Jesus, today went to hell in a handbasket.

I couldn't sleep, so I did what I usually do.. stay up on the computer. At 9am all hell breaks loose, roommates start ripping me new assholes for being inconsiderate and "typing all loud".

... you guys are sleeping on my loving couch, in my living room, WITH EAR PLUGS. Had you said something, I would have gone to my room. Then they went off about me cooking breakfast at 4am.

And it got even better. Brandon got right up in my face daring me to touch him, started calling me "loving cock sucking human being, you're too loving human being to push me". Made my way around him, opened the door, told him give me the key, which he did. Made the mistake of standing behind the door, fucker mule kicked it. Knocked out a tooth and left a huge knot on my head.

I no longer have roommates. His wife took off on foot when I called the police. He stuck around and tried to press assault charges... except I'm the one missing a tooth, and I have a knot on my head. He went to jail. Cops came up to get his insulin, I told them I wanted him out. They mentioned I may have to evict, I held up his key and said he told me he was moving out immediately, they suggested I throw everything of his in garbage bags and leave it on the porch the day he gets out.

loving christ, Rhyno's luck with friends is rubbing off on me. I have a bitch of a migraine, what's left of my tooth hurts, and my nose hurts.

The Aristocrats?

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Statutory Ape posted:

Tone policing people who are upset and venting is a cool thing too, right?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Is this the same couple you've bitched about in the past and had to kick out before?

If so, why'd you let them back in?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'd guess the obvious $ to assist with rent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is why I no longer have friends

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I have a bitch of a migraine, what's left of my tooth hurts, and my nose hurts.
I know it's not going to be an encouraging answer, but what's your situation with dental coverage etc?

Statutory Ape posted:

It sure is, and people like you are the reason why.

Statutory Ape posted:

Edit: But thats alright. I'm going to peace right the hell out of AI.
Good. You wander in here to start that kind of routine on STR of all people? Don't come back.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

or Facebook.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Get an ro dude.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
geez guys don't you care that a grifting hobo who took advantage of a guy's generosity and is now playing dipshit games trying to make him feel bad so she can con him again is pretending some dumb poo poo in a text message?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Don't use SJW as a pejorative thanks

Rhyno posted:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Actually its good

edit: thanks

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Don't use SJW as a pejorative thanks

You're right. Take out the SJW, he's just a fuckwit all by himself.

I just thought it was because that's the description on wikipedia etc. Literally says "a pejorative term." People who are more about the fight and feeling self righteous versus actual offense or beliefs, which he clearly was. I'm open about actual beliefs and on the side of the oppressed. I am 100% against people using hot button topics as an excuse to win or start arguments in a psychological/social hat trick for ulterior motives.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, once upon a time, SJW was a pejorative,used to refer to those tumblr types were basically all outrage all the time over little things.

But then thanks to idiots it's got used to refer to anybody who cared about any kind of social justice issue.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

So that rear end in a top hat Ape guy just regged yesterday. Wonder who he mains.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, once upon a time, SJW was a pejorative,used to refer to those tumblr types were basically all outrage all the time over little things.

But then thanks to idiots it's got used to refer to anybody who cared about any kind of social justice issue.

poo poo. Should I update the wikipedia page? Two weeks ago THE AMAZING WORLD OF GUMBALL used it as a joke. This is some reverse reverse sarcasm poo poo and I'm lost.

I'll keep my ear to the ground a little better in the future. Thanks for the information.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The Amazing World of Gumball is awesome. That is all.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Lol what the gently caress is going on in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Lol what the gently caress is going on in here