Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Nessus posted:

Would it somehow be better if it was Winston, Reinhardt, and D.va or Zarya?

You forgot barrier donkey Orisa, I love being the only one shooting her barrier for it finally break only for her to insta pop a new one, truly engaging gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Three D.vas who are grouped in mystery heroes is unfair. We just all boop one guy for 120 damage, one person DM's and the other two shoot him. Rinse and repeat for their whole team over and over again.

It's also why mystery heroes is fun.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
We had one match in mystery heroes where, kid you not - we had one lucio, one Mercy, and the rest of us were all Mei's... On King's row defense.

Needless to say, at one point, the enemy team wasn't even able to get out of their spawn room.

The other team seriously questioned what pact we made with the devil to get that result.

Guigui fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 10, 2017

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Had a mystery heroes were we spawned as 3 Reins, Mercy, Ana and Bastion on Dorado and basically I think only the Ana and one Rein ever died? I was the Bastion.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just had a mystery heroes game the past hour where the play of the game was two DVA ults coming in and a strike squad of three mini DVAs gunning people down.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Just reported a dude saying in allchat "i want to brutally rape every female employee at blizzard headquarters." I wonder how many days he'll be silenced for.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
You don't actually have to quote the disgusting things people say in the game that you report them for.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

turtlecrunch posted:

You don't actually have to quote the disgusting things people say in the game that you report them for.

It's been a while since I've seen someone being so blatantly lovely for no real reason, is all. Someone just kinda spontaneously deciding "hmm what's one of the worst possible things I could say right now just because I can" once again makes me wonder why it's taken so long for Blizzard to even acknowledge that there are some serious deficiencies to their moderation if people feel comfortable dropping bon mots like that.

I'm also confused as to why allchat...the white text chat that you see show up in the menu screens...even exists. Unless I'm completely blind there isn't any sort of chat channel browser like you see in other games, so all it seems to attract is a bunch of pointless shitposting between rounds. It's especially weird given how Blizzard has previously gone out of their way to limit open communication in other games of theirs like Hearthstone.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kai Tave posted:

It's been a while since I've seen someone being so blatantly lovely for no real reason, is all. Someone just kinda spontaneously deciding "hmm what's one of the worst possible things I could say right now just because I can" once again makes me wonder why it's taken so long for Blizzard to even acknowledge that there are some serious deficiencies to their moderation if people feel comfortable dropping bon mots like that.

I'm also confused as to why allchat...the white text chat that you see show up in the menu screens...even exists. Unless I'm completely blind there isn't any sort of chat channel browser like you see in other games, so all it seems to attract is a bunch of pointless shitposting between rounds. It's especially weird given how Blizzard has previously gone out of their way to limit open communication in other games of theirs like Hearthstone.
They probably just dropped in the code for it, since it's otherwise pretty much exactly the same chat software as WoW.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why does Hanzo feel so much more resilient with 200 HP than other heroes?
Is his hitbox considerably smaller than his model?

https://youtu.be/XWhV7WwCGMQ

This is an older clip, where Reaper still had his health globes, but I still notice this in the current version.

I'm having a way harder time to kill Hanzo with Reaper (or Roadhog), even at close range, than with, say McCree, Soldier or Tracer. As you can see, the shots are all well on the body with some pellets hitting his head, he just won't die. Well, eventually he does, but it takes 5 hits, which gives him plenty of time to potentially land one of his bullshit headshot tree logs.

Is there something wrong with Hanzo's hitbox?
Notice how the first hit, which seems perfectly fine, only does about 37 HP damage.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Kai Tave posted:

You can click on the names in it and get a menu of options. Maybe the idea was to use it to look for a group, although no one ever uses it that way.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

You know, I was wondering why it was so much harder getting hits with Doomfist, since I haven't heard anything about any nerfs, but apparently they did nerf him, and just didn't say anything.

I just thought I sucked. I mean, I do, but it's nice to know that his hitbox is the reason I keep missing very clear hits as well. Too bad, he was real fun to play.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is Junkertown and the Mercy/DVA changes going live today?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Rirse posted:

Is Junkertown and the Mercy/DVA changes going live today?

Next Tuesday

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

turtlecrunch posted:

Next Tuesday

Another week of avoiding competitive then, otherwise it just be the typical "yay we won...oh 'heroes never died"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

After the Mercy ult change all these need to do is fix Scatter Arrow and I have no complaints about the state of the game. Why can't they just make it so the first impact with something splits it into 2 arrows, and then each of those split into 2 more when they hit? It achieves the same thematic ability without letting him one shot half the heroes in the game.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Hanzo is a very weak character though.

e: To elaborate, how do you remove scatter while buffing Hanzo's ability to do his job (secure kills)?

He is not a "gently peppers you with tiny damage then fires Helix Rocket" character, he is all-in.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 13, 2017

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Make scatter arrow shoot a single, regular arrow, but with a cooldown.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Enallyniv posted:

this but also it deletes Widowmaker from the game

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Is there a character you're bad with that you wish you were good with?

For me it's Tracer. I'm absolutely incompetent with her due to my terrible reaction time but she seems like so much fun for players that are good with her.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Enallyniv posted:

Straight White Shark posted:

this but also it deletes Widowmaker from the game

These are both wonderful ideas. Why put snipers in a team based objective game

E: I apologize for being salty but there's nothing fun about being 1 shot from across the map with no chance of rebuttal! Also I'm a junkrat/Lucio main so I can't aim

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 13, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Dick Trauma posted:

For me it's Tracer. I'm absolutely incompetent with her due to my terrible reaction time but she seems like so much fun for players that are good with her.

Pharrah. I don't have particularly good aim with her rockets, I'm terrible at staying in the air with her, and...I just suck with her in general. Like I went 5 and 17 with her in Comp last season. I had no other hero I was even close to as bad with.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
the problem with scatter arrow is that it sucks at its intended purpose (of scattering). It's unintentionally designed to be a super normal arrow, in that you aim it at a precise location to deal focused damage. if you let it scatter and ricochet then you usually end up losing its efficacy. it's kind of backwards. presumably the concept is that it's supposed to synergize with his tracker arrow so you can see into a room someone's hiding in and ricochet a bunch of shots into it, but it's not very good at that, because it's not guaranteed to hit and it's on a long cooldown so you can't actually pressure that room more than once. The most you can do is secure a kill on an already low-hp person who's fled.

Idk, could maybe make it a mode or an alternate weapon where you switch between regular arrows and scatter arrows, removing their 1hko qualities and making them more of a reusable area of effect denial ability. Maybe make it so that they ricochet randomly when you fire them normally, but if your tracker arrow outlines enemies for you then it 「ʟᴏᴄᴋs ᴏɴ」 and makes them more lethal or something.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Replace scatter arrow with a boxing glove arrow

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Trauma posted:

Genji, because it's embarrassing to be ripped apart by him but not be able to do anything with him.
Ana, because she's fantastic and I just can't aim worth poo poo.
Zarya, because managing shields is just something I haven't mastered yet.

I kind of suck at aiming overall so I tend to run with close-quarters or spray and pray heroes, and Mercy as support. :smith:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I absolutely cannot wallride as Lucio for more than 2 seconds.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Truecon420 posted:

E: I apologize for being salty but there's nothing fun about being 1 shot from across the map with no chance of rebuttal! Also I'm a junkrat/Lucio main so I can't aim

On the contrary, I guarantee at least one person in this interaction is over the moon with how much fun he's having.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Reduce Scatter Arrow's damage by about 200, give it a two second charge time before you can fire it, and instead of launching an arrow it instead launches Hanzo forward with an arrow in his hand that he stabs someone with.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Dick Trauma posted:

Tracer play is loving intense. She's a blast to play with but God she gives you such tunnel vision.

I wish I could play Reinhardt or orisa. They're just so...meh.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Hanzo is a very weak character though.

e: To elaborate, how do you remove scatter while buffing Hanzo's ability to do his job (secure kills)?

He is not a "gently peppers you with tiny damage then fires Helix Rocket" character, he is all-in.

Scatter arrow is kind of a weird ability for Hanzo when you think about it. Especially when hes a very high damage hero capable of one shotting people already with his normal attack when used well. Strictly speaking, I don't think he needs a buff to secure kills since hes already very good at that, though its a bit tricky to aim with.

The only buffs I can really think he needs is either something that lets him operate better at close range, or something to perhaps do AOE damage. Since I think the original intention of Scatter was to allow players to hit around corners.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
make scatter arrow a second sonic arrow

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Replace scatter arrow with a grapple arrow so he can use it for mobility and also if he shoots you with it he grapple kicks you like Batman

But then he dies instead of you

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
Fix the floor hitboxes so scatter reliably scatters the way you'd expect it to, reduce it from 6x75 to 6x60, increase the CD to 12 seconds.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
hot take: I think scatter is good in theory because it lowers the skill floor and makes it easier for Hanzo to contribute without feeling overly oppressive to play against

The only problem is that it's super finicky and random and that doesn't feel good on either the giving or receiving end, so it still needs to be reworked

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I dunno seems fine to me

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Armacham posted:

I dunno seems fine to me

this i'm actually ok with. its the 450 single target damage potential i am not ok with

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
So my two baby friends are getting into Overwatch and I'm rolling with them just for fun.

What are some dumb character builds I can do to entertain myself and make it more fair?

So far I've got

Recon Mode Bastion
Chicken Mode Pharah (No fly. Only hop.)
Combat Lucio (No heals. Only speed.)
Battle Mercy (obvious).

Any other fun ideas?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

No shield reinhardt

Laser murderer symmetra

Torb

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I've told this story before but the first time I realized how dumb scatter arrow was it was when I was trying to bank a shot off a wall behind a Reinhardt to hit him around his shield, and not only did every single splinter miss the enormous German man in power armor but one of them bounced off two walls, down to the level under the walkway I was standing on, and killed a Mercy I didn't even know was there. Like yeah, I guess it's a little funny-if-you-were-there but no part of it was anything that I was actually trying for and I can only imagine that Mercy felt pretty hard done when they saw the deathcam if you want to talk about "no counterplay."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Move scatter arrow to 24x10, have each arrow on impact stack 2d/s for 5s with cancel on Bubble/Heal, have Hanzo take FF from his own scatter arrow and have targets hit light up like sonic arrow. Increase cooldown to 12s. More reliable damage, more team functionality, better zoning, and no random bouncing shard to kill someone half the map away.