Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Monkey Fracas posted:

I feel like they couldn't figure out how to render a bear in splatoon's art style and that's why he's a neat radio

Inklings were originally rabbits in one of the very early versions of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The regular eggs you collect in Salmon Run are power eggs like in Octo Valley. Obviously Mr. Grizz is DJ Octavio.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Mr. Grizz is not eating the eggs, he's raising them to start a coup against the Salmonids. That's why he says come to Papa, he is in fact a Papa.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Since Golden Eggs apparently are rare versions of Power Eggs, maybe they are what powers the equipment of the bosses. So Mr. Grizz could be collecting the Golden Eggs to make some doomsday machine that will destroy Inkopolis' anti-salmonoid cannons.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
KELP DOME CONFIRMED FOR SPLATOON 2

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

ALSO SOME RIVER MAP AND A NEW BRELLA

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
also a new level with a canal running through it, and a Tenta Brella with a huge-rear end shield thing

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.
That's a big brella :stare:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
why the gently caress are they updating this dead game. Splatoon 2 is nothing but trash and needs to die.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Escobarbarian posted:

also a new level with a canal running through it, and a Tenta Brella with a huge-rear end shield thing

YEAH BUT WHO GIVES A poo poo KELP DOOOOOOME

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

KELP DOME CONFIRMED FOR SPLATOON 2

That's what I'm talking about motherfucker.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kelp Dome sucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It sucks for turf war but it was one of my fave maps for Rainmaker and Tower Control

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

bad boyfriend worse lay posted:

That's a big brella :stare:

I want to play reinhardt in splatoon 2!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Kelp Dome sucks.

I'll fuckin splat you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Umbrella also has the bubbles. It's going to be great at denying enemies entry. I wonder how it won't be overpowered.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll fuckin splat you.

Just you try it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kelp Dome is good and I’m glad it’s back. It gets ridiculously hectic in ranked.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Kelp Dome sucks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

it's insanely cool they keep bringing back all the worst maps from splatoon 1 into 2

can't wait for arowana mall!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

can't wait for arowana mall!

I loved that map, hopefully we'll see that and Urchin Underpass soon.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I miss Flounder Heights.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Why is Garl Vinland about to get splatted by some amines? I have to know.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I remember when rainmaker was first released in splat1 I was able to do a sub 30 second dunk on kelp dome several times since no one knew how to play RM

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Heights and Museum return next plz.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
Kelp Dome is great, and any new map good or bad is great because I'm already starting to get bored of the base maps in Splatoon 2. Anyone here who has an uncle who works for Nintendo, please tell them to bring back Walleye Warehouse next, thanks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parasol Prophet posted:

I miss Flounder Heights.

Hell yeah

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

walleye warehouse and the 52 gal deco/carbon roller deco with seekers was my favorite map/loadout for when i was in a 'i dont feel like aiming' mood

mattdev
Sep 30, 2004

Gentlemen of taste, refinement, luxury.

Women want us, men want to be us.
When you see this much kanji, you know you're gonna get decimated.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mattdev posted:

You're going to have a close loss by 1/10th of the Bad Guy's score? :confused:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Alright legit question; if I'm bad at the game will I generally be stuck around c or b rank or do I need better teammates? Like if I'm good enough should I be able to carry the whole team or something?

Just asking cuz I like to think I'm not terrible but I've lost like 5 ranked games in a row and I don't feel I was playing that badlt

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiles posted:

walleye warehouse and the 52 gal deco/carbon roller deco with seekers was my favorite map/loadout for when i was in a 'i dont feel like aiming' mood

Those two were my jam back then. Seekers were so good.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I am surprised by seeing Kanji names during the last splatfest. I thought the japanese were locked into the japanese splatfest?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

g0lbez posted:

Alright legit question; if I'm bad at the game will I generally be stuck around c or b rank or do I need better teammates? Like if I'm good enough should I be able to carry the whole team or something?

Just asking cuz I like to think I'm not terrible but I've lost like 5 ranked games in a row and I don't feel I was playing that badlt

You would have to be really bad at the game to not be at S+ in Splatoon 2. Ranking up is ridiculously easy, and S+ can be reached if you play long enough.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 14, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mattdev posted:

Good thing that's not kanji :goonsay:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Id prefer more new maps than returners, but i hope Saltspray Rig returns at some point

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

You would have to be really bad at the game to not be at S+ in Splatoon 2. Ranking up is ridiculously easy, and S+ can be reached if you play long enough.

:negative:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Arowana mall plz :)

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Hamshot posted:

I am surprised by seeing Kanji names during the last splatfest. I thought the japanese were locked into the japanese splatfest?
I think it's possible by switching regions in your My Nintendo account. Many people did that to access the Japanese eshop and play the Japanese Splatfest World Premiere. But it could also be white nerds who obsess over Japanese culture and prefer to use Japanese nicknames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well... that sucks!