Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

He was good in Sherlock and Dr. Strange but I'm not sure he can play characters who aren't rear end in a top hat geniuses.

He was really good and charming in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, in which he played a closeted homosexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Is Dr. Strange worth a watch? I'm not super invested in whatever it is Marvel is doing with these movies, but I enjoy them well enough on the whole.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But my purity!

politics were never pure! :911:

Anyway I saw that Medicare for All had 15 senators behind it? that's apparently some kind of record

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

twice burned ice posted:

I like how noted god-awful-human-being Betsy Devos is implying that students who were defrauded by phony for-profit colleges are trying to get something for nothing in getting their loans cleared.

Pretty ironic when you consider getting something for nothing is exactly what these colleges did when they took federal loan money and then dispensed no education.

The students instead got nothing for something, which apparently is how Devos would like it to be.

God, she's a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

didnt devos also get a lot of something for close to nothing, ahem

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

He was really good and charming in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, in which he played a closeted homosexual.

He was indeed. Making Guillam gay was an unexpected change from the book, in which he's a lady's man, but I thought it was a good change.

Also he was unbelievably good as Richard III, in case anyone hasn't seen that.

mdemone posted:

Is Dr. Strange worth a watch? I'm not super invested in whatever it is Marvel is doing with these movies, but I enjoy them well enough on the whole.

Yes, it's really, really good. Probably my favorite Marvel movie so far.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Look at what the #FakeNews media did now!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

He's gonna hire the best people.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

He was good in Sherlock and Dr. Strange but I'm not sure he can play characters who aren't rear end in a top hat geniuses.

he was good in the imitation game.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

mdemone posted:

It's a movie you've seen before but there are some really creative set piece sequences that you haven't seen before.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mdemone posted:

i thought it was pretty good and i thought all the other marvel crap is garbage

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Of course Trump manages to pick the wrong Fema head even without his problems being publix knowledge yet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Like in The Fifth Estate? :v:

That is the movie about WikiLeaks.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

I watched Dr. Strange at a movie theater on nov 9th at around 8pm. When the movie finished I found out that trump had won so I hate that movie now

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

twice burned ice posted:

Lest people think you're an rear end in a top hat, I want to make it clear that Prester Jane has written a blog post called "Schizophrenia and Randomly Capitalized Words"

Oh hell I didn't even think about it like that. Edited my post.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

mdemone posted:

The special effects and supporting cast are all very good and the conclusion is very true to the spirit of the earlier Strange comics.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Okay, so what's the solution then mcmagic? Or have you resigned yourself to condemning 800k people to suffer?

I know what you're gonna say "Well they should Pass the Dream Act!" which yeah they should, but how the gently caress are they supposed to do that? Pray the GOP finds a conscious deep down in their souls and vote for the DREAM act instead of playing to the base they've cultivated on years of campaigning on soft racial cleansing?

The solution is to tie the DREAM act to must pass legislation.

Bondii
May 31, 2003
King of The Cider Farm

mdemone posted:

Beat for beat it follows the plot lines of every other Marvel film. Cumblybench plays Alan Turing, Tilda Swinton plays a white alien named Master Roshi. The visual effects are very colorful and fun to see while shoving oily popcorn in your face.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/908062832373235712

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Incredibly stupid question. The Medicare For All bill getting tabled today is full stop Single Payer, right?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Reik posted:

He's gonna hire the best people.

The best, let me tell you.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

the jokes write themselves

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I bet he looks just like your uncle.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

Like in The Fifth Estate? :v:

That is the movie about WikiLeaks.

It's so funny, I never saw that movie, and I can never, for the life of me, remember its title - it's just "The Cumberbatch Assange movie" in my mind. Clearly it wasn't terribly memorable to audiences or critics either, though.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Majorian posted:

He was indeed. Making Guillam gay was an unexpected change from the book, in which he's a lady's man, but I thought it was a good change.

Also he was unbelievably good as Richard III, in case anyone hasn't seen that.

Yes, it's really, really good. Probably my favorite Marvel movie so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AtrI9PoiBQ

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The best

https://twitter.com/annalecta/status/908005615812927489
https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/907812434789969920/photo/1
https://twitter.com/Nikki_Levy/status/907813876577832960/photo/1
https://twitter.com/CelesteKatzNYC/status/907816727093923841

The man HATES protestants

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nerdz posted:

I watched Dr. Strange at a movie theater on nov 9th at around 8pm. When the movie finished I found out that trump had won so I hate that movie now

Almost the same thing happened to me too. It was probably two days before the election, and my wife's dad had just died, so we were up in our hometown (Napa, CA). The movie was a really nice respite from the gloom. And then a couple days later we come back home, and Trump's elected. So I know I really liked the movie, but I've been hesitant to watch it again.

"Why is Benedict Cumberbatch Hot?" is a gem of a sketch too.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mdemone posted:

The plot is very by-the-numbers outside of a really clever way of defeating the villain, but it has some great, visually striking images.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

It has to be deliberate by now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The best

:laffo:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Office Pig posted:

It has to be deliberate by now.

Yeah it may be possible the openly white supremacist president and his white supremacist staff are assholes to minorities.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Trump is wearing a navy jacket with black pants:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The best

This is okay, he just has to the right kind of papist.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

withak posted:

Wrong kind of otter.

sea otters are the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xf2VVB7boI

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Muhammad also diverted the course of his army to avoid disturbing a dog who had just given birth to puppies. Dude just seemed to have a soft spot for animals. Not their fault they're unclean.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I mean it's cool that he dedicates his life to making his fellow black people's lives harder and enabling white supremacy but he ALSO gets to be a Senator, so he has that going for him.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

7c Nickel posted:

Muhammad also diverted the course of his army to avoid disturbing a dog who had just given birth to puppies. Dude just seemed to have a soft spot for animals. Not their fault they're unclean.

And in the meantime where did he keep his armies?

IN HIS SLEEVIES

Which he also cut off so as not to wake his cat

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bondii posted:

Beat for beat it follows the plot lines of every other Marvel film. Cumblybench plays Alan Turing, Tilda Swinton plays a white alien named Master Roshi. The visual effects are very colorful and fun to see while shoving oily popcorn in your face.

Did he just wear his same costume from The Imitation Game or what

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

7c Nickel posted:

Cats are clean in Islam and you cat use cat drinking water in ritual absolution. And Mohammed petted his cat three times once and that is the entire story. Just "one time he came home and petted his cat three times"

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

Trump is wearing a navy jacket with black pants:

jesus christ

he can't even dress himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
ahahahaha god i cant tell if this is honest stupidity or one of those fox typos

• Locked thread