Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

Like, this happened less than a year ago. How is the history of it already that skewed in their minds

Perez wasn't even in the running until centrists were like "nah we gotta kneecap Bernie for ~reasons~" and found a sweaty suit

It reminds me a lot of how people warp their own recollections of bad breakups actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

page loving 2 posted:

The Obamas and the Bidens were in front of us. I imagined President Obama riding over in the presidential limo with a man who had risen to prominence partly by lying about Barack’s birthplace and accusing him of not being an American.

jeez hillary i wonder where those lies came from

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nate with some good takes, Nate's Extended Crew with the typical real bad takes.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
goat: i find it encouraging that wolves' views are evolving. sure, they've never done much for us. but now that a few wolves have come out against eating goats, i think we can all agree that this is a positive sign.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

neera has tweeted exactly nothing so far today about medicare for all, weird for the president of the biggest "progressive" dc think tank :thunk:

too busy at the corn feed

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why the gently caress isn't this thread called "I mean, if you've seen the musical Hamilton-"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oh HELL yeah let's fix the fundamental underfunding issue with wonky tax cuts. Mother. loving. Tax. Credits. To. The. God. drat. Rescue.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

why the gently caress isn't this thread called "I mean, if you've seen the musical Hamilton-"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bump_fn posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh god i finally found an epub of what happened and page one is her being chummy with dubya

hillary makes a million times more sense when you think of her as a republican thinking its her civic duty to save the democratic party from itself

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

call to action posted:

goat: i find it encouraging that wolves' views are evolving. sure, they've never done much for us. but now that a few wolves have come out against eating goats, i think we can all agree that this is a positive sign.

Hey there Little Red Riding Hood
You sure are looking good
You're everything
a big bad wolf would want
(Awoooooooooo)

I'm gonna put my sheep suit on
So that you can be shown
That I can be trusted
walking with you alone
(Awoooooooooo- I MEAN BAA)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Time to Dox CC

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

white sauce posted:

Hahaha omg Chuck Schumer is such a piece of poo poo

You'd think the biggest clue that no one cares that much about tax breaks would be that people have to hire an accountant to even find out which ones apply to them personally. I'm not sure whether a teacher would even have the salary to hire an accountant? I'm guessing not. In contrast, it's pretty easy to remember being given money by the government directly.

Edit: I foresee that if teachers were being given an extra $485 directly, the red states would just cut back on teacher salaries by $485, but the only reason that's not as likely to happen with a tax credit is that it's so much more convoluted that it'd make it less likely to cross the mind of a state legislator

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Sep 13, 2017

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

You wanna hear her speak, you gotta cough up $2000

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

This is perfect.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Is this.... fake?
:thunk:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suck zone: this is all you're getting

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

Time to Dox CC

I agree. steal from the rich instead

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ThndrShk2k posted:

Is this.... fake?

Does it matter?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

whether or not there are copays seems like a pretty meaningless detail given it's not actually going to be law anytime soon

It still matters because it frames the debate going into the future for what kind of things a bill similar to this should include.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
welp they're back to using republican talking points to whine about the healthcare bill.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

I listen to their podcast regularly and this latest one was probably their worst ever.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

ThndrShk2k posted:

Is this.... fake?

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/hillary-clintons-book-signing-was-as-insufferable-as-youd-expect/

The excerpt is from the New York Post. I tried to find video to verify it by looking for video, but I only found video of the part where she started signing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1fAbUGJHLA

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Sep 13, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Terror Sweat posted:

Does it matter?
I like to keep my mad on level, with AccuMad®

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I called Maggie Hassan's office and asked if she planned to support Senator Sanders Medicare for All bill and told the staffer that she should join Senator Shaheen in supporting it and got the generic, "She's reviewing the bill. The Senator supports bipartisan solutions to healthc... blah blah"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Hillary's getting into the lolcats meme a bit late.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

galenanorth posted:

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/hillary-clintons-book-signing-was-as-insufferable-as-youd-expect/

The excerpt is from the New York Post. I tried to find video to verify it by looking for video, but I only found video of the part where she started signing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1fAbUGJHLA

hillary clinton: uniting the country by being so horrible that the right and the left both hate her

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

the Trump thread hates Zegermans slightly less than the Suck Zone does

:wrong:

he isn't engaged there is the difference

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
let's talk about every thread's brand

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i feel a tiny bit of happiness about politics which i havent felt in a really long time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Ow3eqFbLg
:unsmith:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh my god I found the Purestrain

quote:

When it comes to healthcare politics there are 3 groups on Reddit:

• People who don't remember poo poo
  • People who remember how hard ACA was
  • People who remember how hard ACA was and how Hillarycare failed

Everyone reading this should take a second to HONESTLY grade yourself. What group are you in? There's necessarily an age factor here. You'd need to be 35 to have been 12 when Hillarycare went down to defeat. So dear reader: are you 35? 25? 20? or are you a 17 year old who spent last April photoshopping that sparrow that landed on Bernie's podium and downvoting everyone who said he wouldn't win 60% of the delegates from New York?

The utmost concession to reality ever offered by Group-1-ers is "sure we can't do it now but give us a filibuster proof majority and a D President in a few years and we'll do it." In other words they think that AT WORST this is going to be as hard a fight as ACA. That's totally wrong. There's a reason ACA didn't have Harry and Louise ads run against it. it's because every stakeholder in the healthcare lobby knew they had to be on board the bus or get run over by the bus; at the same time, the Democratic Congress did not include certain policies (like the public option) because they feared that those stakeholders would be pushed into an existential fight for existence.

(If you're wondering "What are Harry and Louise ads?" you're so in group 1)

We need a single payer healthcare insurance program in America but "Medicare For All" is not a real plan. It's a rhetorical pivot like the way Frank Luntz rebranded the estate tax as the "death tax" to make it easier to fight. People only glommed onto "Medicare for all" because they think it'll make it easier to "sell" SPH to "the dumb rubes" but that is not the way politics works. If you think that, you don't remember the town halls of August 2009. You cannot just remake the American economy with a slogan and expect to withstand scrutiny. What you need is a plan with an online calculator where anyone can go online, enter their family's income and economic data, and compare their tax increase vis-a-vis putative healthcare savings. None of these BUT IT SHOULD BE A RIGHT slogans actually create a plan that delivers this political sine qua non. That's why, indeed, the Bookers and Harrises of the Senate are only signing onto this symbolically and if we ever get a majority again while Bernie lives, he and his repeal-and-replace-of-the-iconoclast-left will get left. Senator Sanders had a chance during the primary to put out a healthcare plan and he finally released a six page color pamphlet that was eviscerated by left-leaning economists who had nothing to do with the Hillary campaign. In particular, the planned prescription drugs savings were larger than the total America spends on prescription drugs. Imagine if I told you I can sell you an amazing car that's so affordable because it will save you $450 a month on gas. "But I only spend $390 a month on gas!" you say. "NEOLIBERAL HILLSHILL," you reply. That was the Democratic primary in a nutshell.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
[quote="“ThndrShk2k”" post="“476371625”"]

Hillary’s getting into the lolcats meme a bit late.
[/quote]

someone photoshop cheeseburger to nothingburger

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GalacticAcid posted:

let's talk about every thread's brand

its tiresome and it only happens when it comes to two specific threadshitters who constantly make it about themselves, but here we are because there was an engagement pages ago, and it was even specific to a callout when like there's a literal *woosh* as to why there's ambivalence in the other thread, a lot of the good stuff happens and content gets generated when they aren't around harping in, makes you think.

what i am saying is it is time to focus on the issues facing america today, and that is medicare for all :bernin:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

What Happened In What Happened - a cliff note, only 14.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

really disappointing that Sanders is racistly trying to undermine the legacy of the First Black President by removing Obamacare while at the same time firing shots at the First Woman Nominee, but then again thats what his entire political career has been building up toward

• Locked thread