Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Stymie posted:

"it's like this terrible, failed product only moreso"

you know you got a winner on your hands when you pick up a technology that microsoft abandoned

but enough about your love of winphones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Progressive JPEG posted:

pretty disappointed that they retained the camera hump on the X

probably a non-clown-sized 8 here

can you order for in-store pickup?

I'm pretty sure but if you have t-mobile they're giving you $300.00USD in exchange for iPhone 6 or newer in prep for the new releases

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Plank Walker posted:

but enough about your love of winphones

that's shaggar not me

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Progressive JPEG posted:

iirc they usually allow for pickup after the first week or so of ordering have passed but they might allow it right away too

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Progressive JPEG posted:

you could last year

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Progressive JPEG posted:

if they had somehow gotten rid of the camera hump the normie 8 would have been an unqualified success for me i think. at least the hump is graded a bit, where the x looks like it's sharply squared off

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

never heard of them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

if they had somehow gotten rid of the camera hump the normie 8 would have been an unqualified success for me i think. at least the hump is graded a bit, where the x looks like it's sharply squared off

its square so when the phone slides around on the imat cause of its glass back it catches on the edge and stays put.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hey, so: decided to peep at the iyg iphone thread, only to have one of the posters melt down when he realized his av/custom text loudly outs him as loving to gently caress realdolls. including a link to the post where he admitted to it in bss. he did not realize up until now about the text because he only uses awful.app but was fine with the pic (of a realdoll) otherwise

in summation: iyg. iyg never changes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I looked it up because I was curious and apple specifically says that their branded cases don't interfere with wireless charging

I should have guessed, they'd never give up that sweet, sweet high margin revenue stream

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenny Logins posted:

hey, so: decided to peep at the iyg iphone thread, only to have one of the posters melt down when he realized his av/custom text loudly outs him as loving to gently caress realdolls. including a link to the post where he admitted to it in bss. he did not realize up until now about the text because he only uses awful.app but was fine with the pic (of a realdoll) otherwise

in summation: iyg. iyg never changes

quote:

Thank you (I guess?) to whoever got me the avatar. I will say, the Real Doll molds are pretty great and the customization you can do is insane. Not to give TMI but the fact that I can't BE with my girlfriend while she's away but I can still be with a vaginal facsimile has made a huge difference. Laugh if you want but it's just like LD couples that FaceTime regularly (which we also do). Thought y'all fellow figure-heads would understand my appreciation but to each their own! Enjoy your horsie, freak. It's a friggin kids show...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Progressive JPEG posted:

I kind of think that the camera wart may be here to stay because it is one of the last somewhat distinguishing design features on an iphone now that they are getting rid of the home button. same with the screen notch.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The_Franz posted:

there's no excuse for any kind of blurry scaling of 1080p content since 4k is just 2x 1080p, so they could just do point sampling and get clean 1080p sized pixels on the 4k display

this is the kind of thing where i wouldn't be surprised at all if a tv manufacturer couldn't get it right, or would flat-out refuse to put it in. every lcd/plasma tv i've ever used has had tons of bad "enhancements" and a lot of the settings are interlocked, so i have always felt like i could never get the settings to be actually "good" but instead i just had to settle with "less bad"

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

aren't there a half-dozen variations of the 4k resolution that don't exactly 4:1 map from 1080?

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

qirex posted:

I looked it up because I was curious and apple specifically says that their branded cases don't interfere with wireless charging

I should have guessed, they'd never give up that sweet, sweet high margin revenue stream

The leather case has a good feel, especially when it's worn in. That and I can't give up iMessage without feeling weird

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qirex posted:

if so i'll probably get the leather folio case

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

aren't there a half-dozen variations of the 4k resolution that don't exactly 4:1 map from 1080?

a lot of TVs don't even have the full amount of pixels you might assume they have. my parents' first plasma tv claimed to be 1080 but in tiny print in the manual it gave a much lower X by Y number of pixels

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

qirex posted:

qi charging works through quite thick cases its not like apple had to do something special to make it work

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

real dolls look super cool and I can't wait until Apple gets into the sex doll market

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

it looks odd that apple have gone for the pocket layout with openings directed towards the screen though. i guess it's american love for cash, here most folio cases have just a few vertical card slots

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lmao

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
magnetic induction goes through pretty much anything that isn't conductive. unless your cases are made of metal, they're probably fine for wireless charging.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

real dolls look super cool and I can't wait until Apple gets into the sex doll market

yeah they'd be the only company courageous enough to remove all the ports

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Management posted:

magnetic induction goes through pretty much anything that isn't conductive. unless your cases are made of metal, they're probably fine for wireless charging.

inverse square laws still get you though

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Plank Walker posted:

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
is the wireless charging slower than normal charging?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Maximum Leader posted:

they said it could fast charge

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Maximum Leader posted:

depends. normal qi chargers are limited to 1a, i think, i.e. slower

ufarn
May 30, 2009
whatever happened to itunes being rebuilt for the windows store btw?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Maximum Leader posted:

couldn't tell you. i put my nexus 5 on the charging pad when i went to sleep and it was full when i woke up.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Plank Walker posted:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

yes tim cook is no visionary and has a reputation as a bean counter CEO but you have to understand that he's a genius when it comes to the supply chain and juggling production contracts that won't come to fruition until 3 years from now and

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

goddamn it Tim

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/vojtastavik/status/907911237983449088

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they should have made the bumps inaccessible to applications so you don't run into goofy poo poo like that or videos getting covered up.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

that widget should have a curved path instead of elements awkwardly springing around

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I should've known better than to think that that section would be for status icons and notification banners only

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:barf:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

the second-worst notch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

I should've known better than to think that that section would be for status icons and notification banners only

Same. Here I was thinking it was cool to have a dedicated area to always show the status icons. What a moron I am.

• Locked thread