Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Over a year ago we got this in The Darkseid War

Teenage Fansub posted:

Justice League #50

The series concluded with Darkseid being defeated and reborn inside this baby.

Fast forward to today's Metal #2 (which is hours old, so spoiler images for maybe the next day.)

Other stuff from this year's goofiest comic:

edit: And in today's Mister Miracle #2. A new standard has been set for onomatopoeia.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ygolonac posted:

(All-New X-Men #15)

That's one of my favorite joke in that entire run.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Teenage Fansub posted:

And in today's Mister Miracle #2. A new standard has been set for onomatopoeia.

My favorite use of onomatopoeia is the fight between Thor and Hercules where they're dressed as each other. Anyone have those panels and what issues that are?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The purple nurple ones?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Fast forward to today's Metal #2 (which is hours old, so spoiler images for maybe the next day.)

gently caress I love comics.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Over a year ago we got this in The Darkseid War

The series concluded with Darkseid being defeated and reborn inside this baby.

Other stuff from this year's goofiest comic:

I realize that I'm looking at out of context panels but WTF?

I mean, OK, Darkseid is reborn in a baby (and this is or is not the baby that Evil Wonder Woman and Owlman had?) and then Batman kidnaps him, and is going to use him. To do what? Because it looks like mining Batmanium is the end goal. Whatever that means

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Knormal posted:

Okay, so why isn't Kitty just phasing out of the costume? Did she go through a period where she lost her powers like every other X-Man?

Basically--she was still recovering from the Morlock Massacre when Excalibur started. Though as I recall, her problem was phasing too much.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

In Mojo Mayhem she is sitting on a train, sneezes, and loses her concentration, ends up phasing in one spot while the train speeds through her. I think she ends up falling off a bridge. She also makes a creepy comment about losing her tangibility and having gravity keep her phased into the center of the earth forever.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

More fun times in the Savage Land with Squirrel Girl.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I want that bat headlamp.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

howe_sam posted:

That's one of my favorite joke in that entire run.

idgi

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Oh you're my daughter but from a weird alternative timeline future that doesn't exist"
and
"Oh you're my mother but time traveled from a period before you died"
and then they're both like "Geez"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

delfin posted:

That was actually before she first joined the X-Men. Betsy tried to become the new Captain Britain with a powersuit, but Slaymaster ripped her eyes out. She decided to remain blind and use her telepathy to navigate the world instead, but was kidnapped by Mojo, fitted with bionic eyes...

...and used as the nude brainwashed cyborg star of his TV show, until Doug Ramsey and the other New Mutants rescued her somewhat inadvertently. Doug got an eyeful, Warlock got a bit more.

One of my favorite running sex themes of Clairmont's was before Psylocke got a case of The Vapors, how regularly she would "accidentally" wind up naked in front of others. It happened a heck of a lot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray posted:

In Mojo Mayhem she is sitting on a train, sneezes, and loses her concentration, ends up phasing in one spot while the train speeds through her. I think she ends up falling off a bridge. She also makes a creepy comment about losing her tangibility and having gravity keep her phased into the center of the earth forever.

Yep, and it's another one of those 'Kitty loses her clothes' moments.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah all the X-Men are reverted to kids. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh yeah all the X-Men are reverted to kids. :v:

Actually they could be a separate version of the X-Men created by Mojo after the X-Men appeared to die and he needed more content. both of those are things that happened.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
blimp probably refers to mojo, which would make those the x-babies rather than de-aged x-men.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

blimp probably refers to mojo, which would make those the x-babies rather than de-aged x-men.

He's done both.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
At the same time?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

Actually they could be a separate version of the X-Men created by Mojo after the X-Men appeared to die and he needed more content. both of those are things that happened.

It's the separate version. There's even a bit where something (I forget what) happens to update their costumes to the then-modern X-Men costumes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

David D. Davidson posted:

At the same time?

No, see, Mojo reverted the X-Men to kids and they got good ratings in the Mojoverse so when they escaped and were re-aged he didn't want to lose the show. So he created a wholly separate set of X-Babies so he could keep filming their adventures and get those sweet, sweet Nielsen numbers.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mojo is so weird.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Say Nothing posted:

Punch wolverine all you want, you can still see Kitty's underpants...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Say Nothing posted:

Kitty Pryde: worst fashion sense in comics.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Choco1980 posted:

One of my favorite running sex themes of Clairmont's was before Psylocke got a case of The Vapors, how regularly she would "accidentally" wind up naked in front of others. It happened a heck of a lot.

Random nudity happened a lot for everyone in those comics. I have an issue that's technically the first appearance of the X-Babies, where Wolverine gets de- and re-aged into a Mojo contract star, and Mojo's idea of a new outfit for him is a helmet and nothing else.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

squirrel girl!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wanderer posted:

Random nudity happened a lot for everyone in those comics. I have an issue that's technically the first appearance of the X-Babies, where Wolverine gets de- and re-aged into a Mojo contract star, and Mojo's idea of a new outfit for him is a helmet and nothing else.

You'd fuckin watch it, shut up

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

squirrel girl!

Antonio the Doombot is the best. well... *was* the best

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Knormal posted:

Okay, so why isn't Kitty just phasing out of the costume? Did she go through a period where she lost her powers like every other X-Man?

Well, she *did* get eaten by a Warwolf...and through the near-universal mutation of Plot Immunity, was not killed in the process.

Five bucks says someone came up with the vision of Kitty X-Vomiting herself up out of a creature and everything was backfilled from there.

Unrelated:

Incredible Hulk v2 #7 (2012)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's very clearly Green Abobo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Say Nothing posted:

I like how the x-babies' hair is the same size as their adult counterparts'.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The following is from the Comic Strip thread.

A bit of background: Modesty Blaise is an extremely skilled crimelady-turned-spy, and Willie Garvin is her lifelong partner who is just as skilled if not more so. In this story they are on vacation on an island, and while scuba diving they are spotted by a trio of treasure hunters who are excavating a shipwreck, and who think Modesty and Willie have found the same shipwreck, so the treasure hunters decide to kidnap them and hold them until they're done removing the treasure from the wreck. Hilarity ensures.

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's terrific, I want a movie of this.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Gorilla Salad posted:

The purple nurple ones?

Yep!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

That's terrific, I want a movie of this.

Alakazam!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BpC0NatYqU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You monster

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

AbracaJaimeLannister!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX4qto_KN7U

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Terrific, I want a million dollars

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

That's one of the least convincing fight scenes I've ever seen; and I watch MST3K/Rifftrax on an almost daily basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange posted:

squirrel girl!

What's with the jungle girl costume?