Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

Would a musket with a bayonet be considered a gunblade

Gunspear actually, totally different weapon class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

As far as references in PE2 goes, I want the Einhander pinball table.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I like Nero's motorcycle-revving sword thingy in DMC4

waaayyyy cooler than the gunblade

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I like the description of the Rifle Spear in Bloodborne, the one that says it's the only trick weapon with a gun attached because the one it's based on (^) was lost forever. :allears:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rifle spear is so loving good.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

My favourite game with good achievements is Europa Universalis 4. It's got some really goofy ones, like "control the provinces of Haha (in North Africa), Hehe (in Central Africa) and Lolland (in Scandinavia)", or "own a hundred provinces as Switzerland without touching the coast".

SHEEPHOUND
special horses operation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

My favourite game with good achievements is Europa Universalis 4. It's got some really goofy ones, like "control the provinces of Haha (in North Africa), Hehe (in Central Africa) and Lolland (in Scandinavia)", or "own a hundred provinces as Switzerland without touching the coast".

There's so many of them which is cool too

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just wait for the newest Persona 4 character Ruby who uses a gunscythe.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
the coolest sword involving some kinda contrived trigger mechanism is probably Sam's like AR-receiver-actuated iaijutsu from Revengeance

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

Gunspear actually, totally different weapon class.

in wild arms 2 you just slash poo poo w your bayonet because who gives a gently caress about barrel integrity

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wild Arms is no stranger to punishing innocent weapons, the normal attack of 5's protag is hitting enemies with the cartridges of his guns. Actually shooting them is a skill.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think wild arms 3 is the only one where just shooting things is a basic attack and you just reload by blocking

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
conversely it's also the one where the strongest attack is punching things instead of shooting them

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Saint Freak posted:

Just wait for the newest Persona 4 character Ruby who uses a gunscythe.

There's precedence:

http://suda51.wikia.com/wiki/Margaret_Moonlight

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I just wanna chime in and say my wife successfully delivered a brand new gamer into the world. This gamer dad couldn't be more proud of his son Morph Ball. Can't wait for lil Morphy to be old enough to appreciate his dad's sick gaming skills.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Congratulations Mr. Ball

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/inkopolis/status/908099035533279232

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There'll be no crawling in the Ball household.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

I just wanna chime in and say my wife successfully delivered a brand new gamer into the world. This gamer dad couldn't be more proud of his son Morph Ball. Can't wait for lil Morphy to be old enough to appreciate his dad's sick gaming skills.

why cant morph ball crawl

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

project O C T O P A T H traveller

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

get out, O C T O P A T H

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Endorph posted:

why cant morph ball crawl

His cousin Spider Ball does all the crawling. Floors, walls, even ceilings. Morph Ball is a roller, like his brother Super Monkey before he fell in with the glider crowd.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that game will, 100%, absolutely, be called SaGa when it comes out

i'm going to guess.... Beautiful SaGa

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
HD 2d SaGee

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

This is great news! The only way we can see progress wrt gamers' rights is by outbreeding the non-gamers

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

grats on popping your firstborn 'cheevo dude. its always great to hear a family's turned multiplayer

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

This is great news! The only way we can see progress wrt gamers' rights is by outbreeding the non-gamers

But the cruel irony is that doing so cuts into game time. Can you make that choice?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/908104777682190336

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I got destiny 2

Rip free time

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

chumbler posted:

But the cruel irony is that doing so cuts into game time. Can you make that choice?
I'll go casual for the greater good. You'll find my corpse in the Top Free section of the App Store.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Yes. Yes he does.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Celery Jello posted:

Yes. Yes he does.

the cake is a... a metaphor? :raise:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeqyKxda0eE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OH SNAP COOK SERVE DELICIOUS 2 IS OUT.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno what these are supposed to be though.

I feel like those would hurt to use though or would easily warp/bend/break during use...

Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, World of Warcraft, Anime,

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Samuringa posted:

Jesus, I'm terrible at Bloodborne. I played for around an hour and never made it past the save point in Central Yharnam. And the worst part is that I've played Souls games before, I should be doing better than this.

Dying to common enemies, shameful. :sigh:

Bloodborne's combat is different enough to give you trouble if you play it like souls. Your muscle memory is actually kinda loving you up, same happened to me. You have to learn to adjust your timing and also embrace the 'regain' system and play extremely offensively.

You start really slow but by halfway through the game you'll have adapted to BB's combat and you'll sail through the 2nd half of the game. I promise.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No poo poo

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But I haven't finished Cook Serve Delicious 1 yet!
It's fun to play multiplayer. My wife gets overwhelmed filling the orders, so 2 player is perfect since she can call up the orders and I fill them.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

This one's He-Man's sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

he man was an assassin apparently

• Locked thread