Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Overhaul is so crazy broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Also it's nice to know Rock Lock isn't as big an rear end in a top hat as previously indicated.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TFRazorsaw posted:

Also it's nice to know Rock Lock isn't as big an rear end in a top hat as previously indicated.

Yeah, that's a fair reason for him to be harsh towards the kids, really.

Also, oh dear. Aizawa was slowed and then Overhaul did his crazy spike thing. There's really no excuse for him being able to dodge it other than Overhaul having poo poo aim, so I'm worried about him. His power is kind of a hard counter to nearly everyone else, so I can see something bad happening to him here to write him out.

And wow, Overhaul, you fucker.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
That's some bodyhorror poo poo right there good lord. This is going to be good.

Roland Jones posted:

Also, oh dear. Aizawa was slowed and then Overhaul did his crazy spike thing. There's really no excuse for him being able to dodge it other than Overhaul having poo poo aim, so I'm worried about him. His power is kind of a hard counter to nearly everyone else, so I can see something bad happening to him here to write him out.

And wow, Overhaul, you fucker.

Overhaul seems to be gotten increasingly unstable, so it wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't aim his attack very well.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Great chapter. this almost certainly seems to be it for overhaul. I guess the VA might try to make off with the serum and bullets?

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 13, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Or maybe they'll just use an anti-quirk bullet on Overhaul himself.

Poetic justice.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So did Overhaul just gain that guy's quirk?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

So did Overhaul just gain that guy's quirk?

i think that's a safe assumption. which guy was it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

drat this ramped up in no time 0 - 60

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

JahRoo posted:

It was the guy who could force you to respond with the truth.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JahRoo posted:

It was the truth guy.

I wonder if he'll pick up multiple quirks and destroy his brain here like a Noumu?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Overhaul is definitely the best quirk besides the obvious All for One. He'd be the best healer in the world, he could turn any disaster site into a state of the art hospital and evacuation site, his power's unbelievably versatile in a fight on top of the one hit kill/ko. He can do everything Momo can do but without any restrictions. People are comparing it to FMA but FMA requires circles and has restrictions on humans and what not. He wouldn't necessarily beat the most unstoppable 1 on 1 fighter around (as we saw with Mirio, and even that I feel like could've been written the other way rather easily) but all the other things he can do are so insanely versatile and useful.

Maybe there's some restrictions and weaknesses we don't know about built in but as it's been presented so far it'd be my #1 quirk choice.

It's a ridiculous quirk no matter what, but I imagine there's a chance the complexity of a remodel makes it take longer to do, if nothing else because he would need to conceptualize the result. So creating a hospital at a disaster site or whatever might be possible, but it might also require a while of him planning out how to create the structure (and he'd also be limited to the materials at hand). I wonder what the range limit is for his ability. Like, can he just suddenly destroy every building in a city by destroying their supports or whatever?

It's interesting you mentioned Momo, because yeah, he's basically like Momo except radically, dramatically better. The only thing I think Momo can do that he can't is created certain materials from scratch, while Overhaul is presumably limited to the materials he has access to.

edit: By the way, it seemed like that Lock hero has some ability to "lock down" people on contact. If so, that's pretty good; it's sorta like Stain's quirk, but arguably better (depending on if he needs to remain in contact with them to keep them "locked down."

edit2: Wait, Overhaul fused with Nemoto, but Nemoto doesn't really have a useful quirk for battle (and the added mass of another person isn't likely to give him physical strength/ability on par with Deku).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 13, 2017

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Hate-Senpai posted:

Or maybe they'll just use an anti-quirk bullet on Overhaul himself.

Poetic justice.

I want Deku to punch it into him

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's a possibility that people are overlooking, if Chisaki has Deku's quirk.

Nemoto's quirk can make Chisaki force Deku to tell him how his quirk works and what weaknesses it might have.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I remember some vague line where using his ability uses a lot of energy so if Overhaul is super exhausted after doing something crazy then that would be the mitigating factor. However he's pretty much gone nuts with this fight so it seems like he's even more busted than Momo since she's at least constrained by her own body's nutrients.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Radish posted:

I remember some vague line where using his ability uses a lot of energy so if Overhaul is super exhausted after doing something crazy then that would be the mitigating factor. However he's pretty much gone nuts with this fight so it seems like he's even more busted than Momo since she's at least constrained by her own body's nutrients.

Yes, but Overhaul just essentially ate one of his minions. He's probably back up and running.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
A cave-in of hatred!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I feel kinda bad. I love lemons and all the heros shown but I just do not care about this plot at all and I have no idea why. I'm just not feeling any excitement from it and I kinda want it to over sooner rather than later.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I like parts of this arc and dislike others. The art is some spots has been hard to follow, too much time was spent on backstories for various characters (although I appreciate Mina break dancing) which broke up the flow of fights, and there were a lot of ancillary characters we suddenly were supposed to care about. On the other hand I like Mirio's fight a bunch, Overhaul has made me want him to go down, and the Villain Alliance backstabbing the yakuza was also fun. I think it's the sort of thing that will be better when you read it in a book instead of having to wait every week.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel kinda bad. I love lemons and all the heros shown but I just do not care about this plot at all and I have no idea why. I'm just not feeling any excitement from it and I kinda want it to over sooner rather than later.

there's not much tension. like the hero forces vastly outnumbers and outguns the villains and they're also being sabotaged by the VA. the only casualty so far is mirio losing his quirk (unlikely to stay permanent)

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah there was some tension in the Mirio fight because he was fighting against a bunch of guys, had the handicap of protecting the child, and Overhaul's power is absurd. Now that everyone has broken in, it's pretty lopsided against Overhaul and I'm not sure how him eating his lackey is going to make a huge difference.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Radish posted:

Yeah there was some tension in the Mirio fight because he was fighting against a bunch of guys, had the handicap of protecting the child, and Overhaul's power is absurd. Now that everyone has broken in, it's pretty lopsided against Overhaul and I'm not sure how him eating his lackey is going to make a huge difference.

How many people are actually there? Eraserhead is likely incapacitated and can't really fight, Nighteye is only good for attacking as a relatively normal human and Overhaul likely just picked up a quirk that should counter his ability hard, and Overhaul has two lives left from his other lackeys if his ability is repeatable.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

How many people are actually there? Eraserhead is likely incapacitated and can't really fight, Nighteye is only good for attacking as a relatively normal human and Overhaul likely just picked up a quirk that should counter his ability hard, and Overhaul has two lives left from his other lackeys if his ability is repeatable.

Even if it's just Deku, Nighteye and a hurt EraserHead all they have to do is stall until the people outside enter. But there's also Double + Toga.

Kild fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 13, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Overhaul isn't a superior version of Momo. His ability is limited by what is available to work with on hand while Momo is basically limited by her knowledge of materials science. He'll, she can conjure flashbangs out of nothing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eej posted:

Overhaul isn't a superior version of Momo. His ability is limited by what is available to work with on hand while Momo is basically limited by her knowledge of materials science. He'll, she can conjure flashbangs out of nothing.

Overhaul just needs to carry around potato chips to create makeshift flashbangs by extracting the water and phosphorous from them

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The girls fight is gonna get off screened isn't it

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Overhaul just needs to carry around potato chips to create makeshift flashbangs by extracting the water and phosphorous from them

I see you've played Space Station 13

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Eej posted:

Momo is also limited by her body's stamina/nutrients, she doesn't create things out of nothing.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Radish posted:

you always get way stronger when you do a battle transformation.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It might be because Overhaul isn't very interesting and the other cool stuff surrounding this aren't enough to pull him up for you. I was in the same boat until the VA showed up because i'm very invested in their story and I liked the 2 chapters of Mirio a lot as well, but i'm in a weird situation where I don't actually care about the main character's fight with the main villain of the arc at all and i'm more hoping the bad dude gets away so he can get killed by cooler villains.

Fabricated posted:

Yeah that's been pretty clear for a while now.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kanos posted:

Momo is also limited by her body's stamina/nutrients, she doesn't create things out of nothing.

Overhaul can rearrange existing particles. Yaomomo can rearrange her own fat cells on a subatomic level to create any material whatsoever.

But also they're just super powers and aren't beholden to any form of science or realism. Yaomomo made a million flashbangs without having to stop and eat. Overhaul can temporarily combine someone with a tire, or merge with someone and use their quirk. It's comic book science, don't worry about it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This arc turned a 180 for me about when the VA showed up. Feels a bit early IMO for Overhaul to go down but ah well I guess. I was expecting a longer game of cat and mouse with him.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

hey im late on this but does mirio actually yell "POWER" when he fights? because that owns

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I honestly forgot they were even there.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What is girl

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Twice, now is not a good time to make out.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also you're an adult and she is not

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo I am so excited for the next chapter.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
mirio is one of those absolutely classic shonen characters that endears you to him in an immense way in such a short amount of time

kinda like the whitebeard/rock lee model. one arc and it's impossible not to like them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

also you're an adult and she is not

You should never assume anyone's age in a manga, she could be a 30 year-old weirdo who likes to dress as a schoolgirl.