Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

We have separate hobbies. As in I like to sit at my computer with video games, computing/programming, digital art, forums, etc. , and she likes to sit in bed with television. I only lay down late at night when I'm ready for sleep, and bed is her relaxation time for every minute she's not off her rear end doing something.

I also have zero connection to family. My family are loving rapists and child molesters (I am a victim of it) and hers are overbearing Christians. So she feels uber-conneted to her family and I could feel content to stay home every loving night by myself. She feels so bad because I can't "fathom" what it's like to have family, but I could care less. I did well in school, went to college, and make good money now. All outside of my poo poo family. And she is still locked down in family drama and bullshit anxiety.

I am at a loss to find a balance between how we can spend our free time together. She's a teacher, and wants me to go to games (gently caress sports) and spend time with her and her family. I spend enough time at work 10 hours a day, and really want that extra time to myself. I don't mind spending time with my wife watching an episode or two a week, but goddamn if I'm going spend three nights in a row watching Gilmore Girls for five hours or going to in-laws.

Religion is also a difference. She finds all her meaning in relationships with friends and community. And here in the Bible Belt that means church. And I'm so tired of these pushy mother fuckers and their hatred of anything other than a white heterosexual. I'm spiritual myself, but the insistence against science and modern morality is just driving me to the last brink with these people. Give me a couple months and I'm sure I'll be kicked out for speaking my mind.

I'm just at the end of my rope with family (all Trump supporters), my wife (who wants all my free time and 'isn't sure' about our moral agreements regarding trans and homosexual friends), and the people around me (conservative southern fucks).

God dammit talk me out of this life and lying to myself.

You should probably make more of an effort to spend time with your wife, sorry

Like, not "all your free time" or whatever, but, y'know, think of activities that you'll both like, or at least figure out a TV show to watch with her every once in a while if you don't like Gilmore Girls

You're kind of taking her for granted, and maybe she's doing the same to you, but one of you has gotta break that cycle and I don't have a way of talking to her so I'm telling you instead. Everything else about your life will seem better if you're happier with your wife.

If you can't manage that much, then poo poo I guess you should get a divorce and move away

quote:

I have a dark secret goons:

I get loquacius and Barudak confused because they're both good posters with sports men in hats as their AVs.

Aw thanks :)

Here's one more since that one was short

quote:

A recent thread about idiots' medical notes came up in GBS and reminded me of my own dumb-assery in that respect.

Five years ago on Valentine's Day I thought it would be romantic to 'present myself' to my girlfriend with a rose.

It went into my penis real easy (I have a sounding fetish). I made the rookie error of neglecting to remove the thorns, however. Valentine's Day in A&E was not the romantic evening I'd had planned; needless to say I am not with that particular girlfriend anymore.

I dunno if this one could possibly be true but it did make me reflexively grab my crotch in horror so bravo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spend-Time-With-Your-Wife Goon: Seriously try Date Night. Pick a single night each week and make it a night where you do something together. It could just be Netflix and Chill, it could be going out to dinner or a movie or any lame thing, as long as its Date Night. It sounds lame and cliche' but setting and keeping an intention goes a long, long way towards making it work and then you can have the rest of the week be less dedicated and lazier, because goddammit you made sure she felt special on Date Night.

Basically if you can't commit one night a week to making an effort to take your wife out to dinner and make her feel special, I'm sure the next 40 years will fly right by, lol

(but if she's so deeply religious that she hates gay and trans people then maybe :sever: IDK)

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Bust Rodd posted:

Netflix and Chill

I think there was some discussion about this phrase in the /r/relationships thread recently wherein some kid (and me!) learned that this is apparently not literal and actually is just code for casual bonin'. Which meaning were YOU going for? 'cause either (or both!) would work.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Do rose thorns work like retractable fish hooks? That doesn't seem right.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Shoving thorny rose in dick goon: :stonk:

Bible belt goon: You come off as a jackass in that confession. You need to try connecting with your wife more or get a divorce. Otherwise you'll spend years slowly starting to resent each other before one of you decides murder-suicide is the best option.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bible belt goon, have you considered putting a baby in her? Nothing fixes a relationship like a baby!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Bible belt goon: I am also in the Bible belt, so I feel your pain on that. But that aside, why did you marry this woman if your religious views are this different?

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

taiyoko posted:

Bible belt goon: I am also in the Bible belt, so I feel your pain on that. But that aside, why did you marry this woman if your religious views are this different?

Not just religious views, from the confession I would say that Bible belt goon and his wife are incompatible on almost every important category for a relationship (family, religion, politics, how to spend free time).
I don't want to sound insensitive but...what made you want to get married to her in the first place? It also doesn't sound like this is all something that developed over time. I mean, you knew she was religious and close to her family before you got engaged/married. Was none of that a red flag until now? I'm gonna assume your wife is smoking hot because for some reason it sounds like you have made a real poor life choice.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It sucks that you had to marry someone before learning anything about them. Often people get to know someone prior to getting married and can figure things out like "we have totally different views on everything and totally different interests" and are able to weed out people they are incomparable with. You obviously were married via some sort of lottery system, so that makes it harder. It's too bad you didn't have any time to learn anything about your future spouse prior to marriage.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
It was probably an arranged marriage. Or he's just a loving idiot for marrying someone he's so incompatible with.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Solice Kirsk posted:

Do rose thorns work like retractable fish hooks? That doesn't seem right.

No but there are diseases you get by getting pricked by a rose.

Skin sporotrichosis:
This is the most common form of this disease. Symptoms of this form include nodular lesions or bumps in the skin, at the point of entry and also along lymph nodes and vessels. The lesion starts off small and painless, and ranges in color from pink to purple. Left untreated, the lesion becomes larger and look similar to a boil and more lesions will appear, until a chronic ulcer develops.

Usually it happens on the hands and fingers...

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I went to highschool with some guys who fell into this trap. Goony dorks who never had a girlfriend meet a girl freshman year of college who turns out to be a No Sex Before Marriage type. They're so smitten because they finally have a girlfriend and so afraid that they'll not be able to find another that they buy into it and get married at like 20. As neither of them have any sexual experience and are bad at it, the wife immediately decides she doesn't like sex and gains 40 pounds to boot. After a couple years the dude is ready to bail so the wife conveniently takes up an interest in sex again just long enough to get pregnant. It sounds redpill or something, but I swear I know a half a dozen people in this scenario.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Get out of the South maybe.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lote posted:

No but there are diseases you get by getting pricked by a rose.

Skin sporotrichosis:
This is the most common form of this disease. Symptoms of this form include nodular lesions or bumps in the skin, at the point of entry and also along lymph nodes and vessels. The lesion starts off small and painless, and ranges in color from pink to purple. Left untreated, the lesion becomes larger and look similar to a boil and more lesions will appear, until a chronic ulcer develops.

Usually it happens on the hands and fingers...

This dude's dick is gonna look like a Rough Rider condom and his spouse is going to reap the benefits!

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bible belt goon, have you considered putting a baby in her? Nothing fixes a relationship like a baby!

Also, try opening up the relationship. That's a great way of adding a little romance to marriage!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OutOfPrint posted:

Also, try opening up the relationship. That's a great way of adding a little romance to marriage!

Think we can combine the two, open up the relationship and let someone else put a baby in her.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Zil posted:

Think we can combine the two, open up the relationship and let someone else put a baby in her.

While you watch.

Berth ell pup.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I should probably bother reading ahead in the queue

quote:

im the guy who drunk bitches about his wife and how our free time doesn't line up because i don't get to play video games enough

it's all good now and i should probably lay off the four lokos

You're really good at typing drunk if it's any consolation

quote:

I was driving drunk several years ago up in Lancaster PA. Which, if you know the area, means there are a lot of Amish.

Amish buggies use the main roads, despite being super slow. In general you just have to keep your eyes open and stay slow. Unfortunately I was drunk, the sun was starting to go down, and I was in a hurry.

I remember cresting a hill and instantly seeing a Amish biggie in front of me. He had passed over the top of the hill shortly before I dod; I never had a chance of stopping going as fast as I was (90 mph plus).

I smashed into that wooden buggy and remember hearing the splintering wood. I was slamming on the brake but it did nothing, my car destroyed that buggy and then hit the horse. The horse was forced under my front bumper and I dragged it about 15 feet before I finally stopped.

The horse was dead and had left a trail of blood where I dragged it, the buggy was destroyed and I could hear someone screaming.

I looked back and saw someone's arm laying on the road about 5 feet from the bulk of the wreckage.

I backed up and the horse got dislodged. Then I drove away and never looked back.

I convinced myself everybody lived and they calling an ambulance wouldn't have done any good. And for about a year I could live with that.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately and having nightmares more and more. I tried to watch "It" this weekend and when the kid gets his arm ripped off I freaked out and had to leave. I threw up in the theater bathroom then sat in my car for almost an hour to collect myself.

I don't think I can live like this any more but I don't know who to talk to without getting in trouble.

I'd really think that even if the buggy didn't damage your car to undriveability, the horse would have

At any rate yeah when your demons involve someone losing an arm, facing them will probably involve getting in trouble and you need to accept that and make your choice accordingly.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I know we're supposed to accept these confessions at face value but c'mon, no one hits a horse and drives away unharmed.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Unless he was driving some monster sized tank of a car this didn't happen. There's a news story earlier this year about a buggy hit and run and the car got hosed up just hitting the buggy, let alone a horse as well.

Anyway to play along with it, if you want to find out if you killed the guy just search for news stories about it. If he's still alive you could always get back in touch and repent, i'm sure he could use a hand.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I keep hearing that if you hit a moose you will literally total your car and maybe die; I think horses are about the same size as moose are. No way could you hit a horse at 90mph and drive home.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I wonder if that dude was ridiculously drunk and hit a wooden sign or something.

I could maybe buy smashing the cart, but no way you hit and drag a horse and don't have major damage to the car.

And do limbs usually get torn off in crashes?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Good try duder

http://www.lancasterfarming.com/mid...f2b5b3565c.html

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Only way to atone is let a horse rip your arm off, dude.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

quote:

I don't mind spending time with my wife watching an episode or two a week, but goddamn if I'm going spend three nights in a row watching Gilmore Girls for five hours

So much this. :lol:

She loves mainlining tv shows. Like five episodes a night, night after night of the same thing. Horrible, horrible tv shows. Also, she does it with her in her recliner with her laptop, so she can facebook or whatever, and then has to restart episodes multiple times because she 'wasn't paying attention'. We don't even try to watch tv together anymore. Sometimes I'll hang out in the living room with my tablet, or a book, or my 3ds for a while, most of the time I just use my computer in my office.

But it's fine because we're both pretty independent people and make a point of spending plenty of time together when it's not a 'zone out' night. v:shobon:v

Also, I wasn't allowed to watch tv growing up, so honestly I don't even like 98% of it

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
the obvious solution is to eat the booty

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

googled it and huh, horses can get bigger than moose. No poo poo, I thought moose were bigger. Like, most horses aren't, but the big ones like ones for pulling carts can get up to 2200lbs

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Hit and Run goon: The only way I can possibly see this happening is if he was driving one of those old 80s SUVs that were constructed almost entirely of steel. My stepdad T-boned a Ford Explorer with his old Chevy Blazer and totaled the Explorer. The damage to his truck was a dented grill. That was only at 30 mph so I'm still calling bullshit on the story, but that's how I could see it happening.

That thing was a loving tank and even though it got like 10 MPG I still miss it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah you don't want to slam into some of the huge industrial sized horses. They're literally the big-rig trucks of the horse world vs the fussy sports models for racing and "walkin' funny"

At least the huge horses tend to be the chill ones too. They were bred for industrial work so they didn't want them to think of an ant and have a panic attack resulting their legs instantly snapping.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Someone put it great in another thread.

With these horses it's not "thought of ants and died" but "thought of ants and killed everything in its immediate surroundings"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

sugar free jazz posted:

googled it and huh, horses can get bigger than moose. No poo poo, I thought moose were bigger. Like, most horses aren't, but the big ones like ones for pulling carts can get up to 2200lbs

Selective breeding is crazy

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Hit and Run goon: there's a lesson here. You should always leave a note.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe they were driving a school bus. School busses are basically horizontal buildings on wheels.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
I guess the Amish murder fantasist lives in a city if they think they can get a horse stuck under their bumper, just makes the whole thing weirder though.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
Trump fesh from a few pages back is probably fake, but just in case:

"Why can't I, just once, get a day about my culture? American culture? We have everything other cultures have - delicious food like fried chicken, hot dogs, burgers. Drinks like beer and lemonade. Country music like Toby Keith and Blake Shelton."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_(United_States)

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Amish Biggie was a fun typo that is making a great mental image in my head

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Amish Biggie was a fun typo that is making a great mental image in my head

"Gimme the loom, gimme the loom. I'm a bad boy..."

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

swing and amish

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Baxter posted:

swing and amish