Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I don't know what's real anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Republicans seem to be taking this in stride

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/908160999756312576

Edit:

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/908160289547452419

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 14, 2017

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
As great as this sounds, we should still be taking it cautiously

It wasn't very long ago that "hope is a lie" was the mantra of many posters here including myself

Maybe reality isn't as bleak as what we were expecting, but Trump could still flip away from us as fast as he flipped towards us

People keep saying that someone must have wished on a monkey's paw for all the crap that has happened since the election, but don't realize that Trump IS that monkey's paw

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/908167642539798528

Edit: Because it got deleted

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 14, 2017

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Lol at these fucks who STILL haven't learned that the Trump bus can and will run over everyone.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BlueberryCanary posted:

It wasn't very long ago that "hope is a lie" was the mantra of many posters here including myself

Maybe reality isn't as bleak as what we were expecting, but Trump could still flip away from us as fast as he flipped towards us

People keep saying that someone must have wished on a monkey's paw for all the crap that has happened since the election, but don't realize that Trump IS that monkey's paw

right before trump signs the dream act, mueller releases his findings and impeachment proceeds.

hope is a lie.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sean Hannity would have sex with Donald Trump without provocation.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BadOptics posted:

Lol at these fucks who STILL haven't learned that the Trump bus can and will run over everyone.

It's almost like they think Donald's well known history is liberal lies.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The whiplash from this has to be doing some real damage to the GOP as a whole, right? There was already a pretty significant rift between the Republicans actually interested in governing (poorly) and the dead-enders who just want to shut everything down. Trump played to the far right, forcing the 'moderates' to try and win over that base, and now he suddenly starts dealing with the Democrats because he really wants a popular accomplishment, and now the far right base is alienated but still pissed at the moderates because this is somehow their fault. It really shows how they've tied themselves in knots.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Office Pig posted:

Sean Hannity would have sex with Donald Trump without provocation.

Any excuse to post this tweet

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/733119248567029760

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/908170391918665728

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

So the genie says to the goon, uh, um, "What's your one wish?"

And the goon goes, "You mean to tell me Martin Shkreli is in jail, and Trump's getting played by Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer?"

Genie goes, "Yeah."

He says, "Well, um, I'll have Single Payer Healthcare and UBI, then."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Lord of Hats posted:

The whiplash from this has to be doing some real damage to the GOP as a whole, right? There was already a pretty significant rift between the Republicans actually interested in governing (poorly) and the dead-enders who just want to shut everything down. Trump played to the far right, forcing the 'moderates' to try and win over that base, and now he suddenly starts dealing with the Democrats because he really wants a popular accomplishment, and now the far right base is alienated but still pissed at the moderates because this is somehow their fault. It really shows how they've tied themselves in knots.

They will forget this before the midterms.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

try the new taco place posted:

The POTUS is doing a little late night reading*

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908160218995068928

*of the words printed in huge type at the bottom of Fox News

I wonder if the new tactic is to get him really angry about Hillary and then saying "well, Hillary would have never done X"

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

The Lord of Hats posted:

What I don't understand is that Trump has to know that the Republican Congress is potentially the only thing standing him and impeachment should the Russia probe turn up some real dirt. Of course, in a normal timeline the idea of a Congress impeaching the President from their own party is beyond absurd. But if McConnell, Ryan, and now conservatives don't think Trump is a reliable partner in getting their agenda passed then President Pence is looking better and better every day. And even if tomorrow Trump passed the Full Communism Now Act there's no way in Hell Democrats will ever provide him an ounce of political cover.

What I'm saying is, narcissism is a hell of a drug.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

The Glumslinger posted:

I wonder if the new tactic is to get him really angry about Hillary and then saying "well, Hillary would have never done X"

In fairness to Trump, Hillary would never have passed Medicare for All whereas if Bernie can manage to worm his way onto the President's daily schedule there's a decent chance he would back it if we renamed it TrumpCare.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

The thing to remember is that tomorrow morning every conservative and Republican castigating Trump tonight will have read the talking points and gotten in line. This deal sounds great and I don't think hope is a lie, but they aren't going to eat each other this time any more than they did over the last DACA deal.

Or reality is broken and tomorrow the GOP is going to endorse full communism now

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GamingHyena posted:

What I don't understand is that Trump has to know

I'm going to have to stop you there

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

GamingHyena posted:

What I don't understand is that Trump has to know t

Trump doesn't know anything, and I mean that almost literally. He's exhibiting a lot of symptoms of dementia on top of being a relatively dense and ignorant person to begin with. He literally only remembers the last things he heard.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Trump Thread II: President Deals

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

BlueberryCanary posted:

I mean, at the very least we're getting even more Republican in-fighting from this so it's still good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBCZcPEzDM

Donald Trump right now

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GamingHyena posted:

In fairness to Trump, Hillary would never have passed Medicare for All whereas if Bernie can manage to worm his way onto the President's daily schedule there's a decent chance he would back it if we renamed it TrumpCare.

I also still think if Obama had pretended to like Trump and be his friend Trump would do anything he asked

Trump wants to be liked and admired by popular people and Obama is very popular (see Twitter account followers and likes)

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I'm still holding my breath that anything good will happen with this. But I can't help think that if it does it will be something Hillary never could have accomplished due to republican opposition.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

And to think all it took was Nazis taking over the whitehouse eager to create their fascist white ethnostate

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Reposted:
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/908170255238922243

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
He deleted the direct @, what a coward

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Bel Shazar posted:

DREAM gives a path to citizenship. No chance he goes that far. They'll get a path to a permanent underclass at best.

This is what I was called a moron for suggesting less than 5 hours ago. The idea that they would give Trump a "bipartisan" PR win for this is disgusting. Chuck and Nancy got rolled.

:lol:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
just loving lmao that the republicans control every branch of government and yet somehow the democrats are (for however brief a period of time) driving legislation

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Noctone posted:

just loving lmao that the republicans control every branch of government and yet somehow the democrats a backbench Congressman are (for however brief a period of time) driving legislation

Boon fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 14, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Someone in the previous version of this thread once said that then-President-Elect Trump would probably do whatever the Democrats wanted if they ended up winning majorities in Congress, because he has no real principles and tends to just listen to whoever has his ear and does whatever he thinks will make him the most popular. Back then, I thought that was stupid. Now I see it doesn't even take a Democratic majority, he'll loving do it anyway.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Wow, Hannity, it must be really difficult to service the President when his tie is constantly thwacking you in the face.

Trump hosed up the healthcare bill at every turn, and Mitch worked until the last second, and somehow it is the latters fault?!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Note Block posted:

He deleted the direct @, what a coward

Nobody who takes him seriously would know who the Senate Majority Leader is.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Pakled posted:

Someone in the previous version of this thread once said that then-President-Elect Trump would probably do whatever the Democrats wanted if they ended up winning majorities in Congress, because he has no real principles and tends to just listen to whoever has his ear and does whatever he thinks will make him the most popular. Back then, I thought that was stupid. Now I see it doesn't even take a Democratic majority, he'll loving do it anyway.

even donald loving trump can see that the republicans can't govern for poo poo. they worked for months on healthcare and shat themselves. he works out a deal with nancy and chuck and it gets passed within the week. he wants a "win" (no matter what it is) and he wants that positive media attention, so it's no surprise he's going back to them again.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Is Trump gonna stand by any of this after a day's Fox viewing though?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

glowing-fish posted:

How does a swamp cave? Wouldn't it just kind of slowly settle downwards?

"Swamp" is a person. Basically they're saying Alec Holland will cave. But if they read the news they would know that Holland besieged Gotham to get his wife back.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pakled posted:

Might have been me. :v:

yronic heroism posted:

Nobody knows! Especially not Trump! :toot:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 14, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

yronic heroism posted:

Hard to know whether his stubbornness will prevail

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
This could still go sideways if the immigration protection ends up creating a non-citizen underclass, and/or if the additional security ends up meaning more brutality / militarization of the police.

Still, I am cautiously optimistic. It's probably good when Trump does stuff which risks shattering his base (and thereby collapsing his own support).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Spacebump posted:

They will forget this before the midterms.

DACA? Sure. If this continues, even their selective memory won't save them if like Trump, they are repetitively insulted and betrayed every single waking moment until the 2018 elections.

• Locked thread