Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

cams posted:

nah it's in long beach. i am only being cagey cause i don't wanna get anybody in trouble saying stuff online.

are you in socal? i thought you were in the south somewhere.

yes i'm in socal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
is the place in culver city still open

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the irony is that i'd still probably play this game if i could get it for super cheap or better yet free and i had some actual competition. and of course if the bursts proved to not be a problem (they are going to be a problem).

this is mostly because I think ghost rider is probably a loving house in this game and also i like gamora

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I would buy this, if it was maybe 10 bucks.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I would buy this if capcom saw 0 dollars from said purchase

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this is the second best looking doujin game, but it'll never top melty blood

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

I would buy this if capcom saw 0 dollars from said purchase

going by what we know of the disney deal this is probably true even if you go and buy a brand new copy

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

the irony is that i'd still probably play this game if i could get it for super cheap or better yet free and i had some actual competition. and of course if the bursts proved to not be a problem (they are going to be a problem).

this is mostly because I think ghost rider is probably a loving house in this game and also i like gamora

post more about how you don't know where your food or clothes come from but you are a vanguard of the revolution because you think capcom is bad

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm on mobile, do 3 of the 4 people who just posted about how bad they think this game is and would never buy it have the most posts in this thread?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
personally I already have the game paid for and am pretty optimistic that the actual gameplay will be fun. I think capcom sucks tho and 4 colors per guy is weak poo poo esp with two of them being locked, and not enough women fighters. excited about doing 60 second combos ftw

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im on the fence paying a shady russian site for the game, i might do it just to dick around in training mode which would be worth about $30 to me

also tbh the more i see of the tag mechanics, the more i think that buried under a bunch of bad decisions about dlc and roster choices, there might be a legit fun game in there

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dude's are mostly just streaming training mode and when they do play some actual vs they aren't using the burst mechanic at all so i'm really loving skeptical

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

NecroMonster posted:

dude's are mostly just streaming training mode and when they do play some actual vs they aren't using the burst mechanic at all so i'm really loving skeptical

Cause its a new mechanic and its not on the top of everyones minds, and its not big and flashy like the stone activations.

I imagine with time it will be quite a big deal.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil Canadian posted:

Cause its a new mechanic and its not on the top of everyones minds, and its not big and flashy like the stone activations.

its the same mechanic that ruined tvc at high level play lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

dunno who it was but the guy playing against fchamp was almost exclusively using his meter on bursting. it would end up okay sometimes but fchamp was still beating the poo poo out of the character that gets tagged out cause he just hangs out on screen for a while and has to be protected.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
am i too late to post this

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

anime was right posted:

its the same mechanic that ruined tvc at high level play lol

You can only do it once per character, or just once period can't remember which. I can't imagine it crippling gameplay or anything.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

am i too late to post this

it is not strictly the exact definition but i still feel it works well in this context. buuut you don't actually want to be intellectually honest you just want to be a cunty troll, that way i am the loser for engaging. i look forward you to immediately trolling me every time i post for a solid year again.

10 gig download before you get into the game itself, which has a reaaaaally lengthy install where you have access to training mode.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I am no longer aware of who unironically or ironically likes this game or hates it or not.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

You can only do it once per character, or just once period can't remember which. I can't imagine it crippling gameplay or anything.

Why would you have a limited number of uses of it per round and also it cost 2 meters?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got tired of making GBS threads on the game so I'm trying to be optimistic about what I've seen that I do like but it ain't a lot and the game outside of some of the combo stuff doesn't look super interesting to watch others play. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but one thing to make sure I don't care about discussion is reducing a lot of it to lame buzzwords and also being really reductive about the medium in general.

Unless the game really surprises me I will play the game for about a week with Tabs, drop it and go back to playing Fate/Unlimited Codes whenever I find a PS2 stick that doesn't have lovely button feel is my unironic take, gologle.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
At least play a good fighting game like Melty Blood. F/UC is not good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That game's stupid and fun and I can play dumb games I want to and good games as well.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

NecroMonster posted:

Why would you have a limited number of uses of it per round and also it cost 2 meters?

With something like mind stone its not inconceivable to build 10+ bars in a match, so I figure that's why.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/908117288317984768?s=09

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Captain Baal posted:

I got tired of making GBS threads on the game so I'm trying to be optimistic about what I've seen that I do like but it ain't a lot and the game outside of some of the combo stuff doesn't look super interesting to watch others play.

I'm basically holding out until I see a real match that Yipes is commentating. That tends to be my pass/fail on whether I can stand to watch somebody else play a game or not.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Haggar's punch super doesn't ground bounce, you can't mash it, the pipe seems a lot weaker but he can get gold out of his barrels so I consider this a fair trade

I watched a bit of KBR trying to lab Hulk/Haggar and he just seems so sad that nothing seemed to carry over from Ultimate

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

Haggar's punch super doesn't ground bounce, you can't mash it, the pipe seems a lot weaker but he can get gold out of his barrels so I consider this a fair trade

I watched a bit of KBR trying to lab Hulk/Haggar and he just seems so sad that nothing seemed to carry over from Ultimate
does have have a 10 hit pipe only combo with the power stone?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
With all that I've seen, I'm sure MvC:I will actually be a success b/c it's very fun in training mode and when BSing with friends, but as a tournament game much like SFxT it's going to get very ugly very quickly.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Gologle posted:

I am no longer aware of who unironically or ironically likes this game or hates it or not.

game looks fun enough. i love fighters that straddle the line between being unplayable and wonderful, this game looks like it has the makings of something truly bad in a great way. hard to tell without having my hands on it though

early on capcom did a really bad job of instilling any amount of confidence that this game would be anything less than total poo poo and thats why its had the reaction it has

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
my hot take is that if I wanted a game with combo breakers, lengthy combos, and very cheap projectile setplay I can just play guilty gear

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
This game looks dumb and I'll pick it up when it goes on sale for $5. But I'm not paying $90 for garbage like this.

I'll add it to the pile of poverty games that I know one stupid gimmick in.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

interrodactyl posted:

This game looks dumb and I'll pick it up when it goes on sale for $5. But I'm not paying $90 for garbage like this.

if they put the effort into making a bunch of new chars and more effort into saying "hey we're doing away with 3v3 because with thin kthis 2v2 tag system has lots of freedom but you can still play the old 3v3 games if you want" id probably be way more interested idk

like, the tag system is actually interesting! talk about it more!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the actual burst part of the burst mechanic seems to be gone

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

the actual burst part of the burst mechanic seems to be gone

So yeah, You ain't limited in how many times a round you can do it, it just costs 2 meter, but it also doesn't give you a hit. It tags your character in and forces a focus switch on the enemy, cutting their combo short but not necessarily giving you anything more than that.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

NecroMonster posted:

So yeah, You ain't limited in how many times a round you can do it, it just costs 2 meter, but it also doesn't give you a hit. It tags your character in and forces a focus switch on the enemy, cutting their combo short but not necessarily giving you anything more than that.

isn't the answer to this to just instantly poo poo out a beam super and tag both characters, then?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

darealkooky posted:

isn't the answer to this to just instantly poo poo out a beam super and tag both characters, then?

not sure what the answer is or isn't at this point because the gameplay this far is pretty loving clownish

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So hitstun decay in this game is based off your damage dealt in a combo, not the number of hits. With this in mind generally combos are only going to be in the 5.5-6k damage range before stuff drops(average health being 10k) unless you can get stuff hitting back to back uninterrupted with certain tag combos and the like.

Watching KBR stream and he's super bummed about this because it means a large character like haggar or hulk effectively is stuck doing the same damage as everyone else, and its basically another knock against big characters because they no longer have the benefit of doing more damage than everyone else now ontop of the usual lack of mobility issues.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that seems like a completely insane mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

that seems like a completely insane mechanic

whats even the point of playing a big character...

• Locked thread