Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, seems like Quicksilver should just take a week or so. Cable seems like he'll take awhile but no biggie. Another long term goal to chase.

Speaking of I FINALLY beat the last Asgardian stages and got Odin. Been meaning to try that for awhile ever since I figured out the trick of teaming Ancient One, Sharon Rogers, and Strange and tagging out Rogers-A1-Strange-A1 to get the most out of the two heavy hitters, Strange's freeze, and A1's healing.

Gonna save my diamonds and see what the reviews are on the Age of Apocalypse costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I like getting rid of Hot Time as a casual player - means I don't have to drop what I'm doing or (more likely) have my ipad running off to the side in the middle of a board game.

Also the changes to World Boss mean I'll probably be able to regularly complete them!

Has anyone noted what the changes they made to the daily challenges are? I was already finding they were all mostly possible, but it sounds like they tweaked them a bit.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All the stuff that didn't make it in time for this update are shown off in the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCtiz0fZpGA

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Celery Jello posted:

I like getting rid of Hot Time as a casual player - means I don't have to drop what I'm doing or (more likely) have my ipad running off to the side in the middle of a board game.

Also the changes to World Boss mean I'll probably be able to regularly complete them!

Has anyone noted what the changes they made to the daily challenges are? I was already finding they were all mostly possible, but it sounds like they tweaked them a bit.

i got the WBU one and its participate now, instead of complete, so thats good

unless theres both varieties

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I don't think I ever got a WBU one, just WBI, so maybe they'd gated them by SHIELD level? Or I just got lucky?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Nah I never got a WBU either and I'm level 70.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

The Dave posted:

All the stuff that didn't make it in time for this update are shown off in the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCtiz0fZpGA

I assume they kept Apocalypse out because he doesn't have a giant drill that lasts for like 10 seconds and KO's anyone it touches that isn't blocking.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
do the 11k crystals from the 2 year pack count toward VIP

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

MotU posted:

do the 11k crystals from the 2 year pack count toward VIP

Yes they do.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Welp, burned 35 million gold on Quicksilver while trying to get him to 60 on day one. Sadly, I'm stuck at 55 due to lack of gold. :P And for the first time in months, I've managed to spend all my energy.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Sonic seems pretty fweaking good, he's nothing but iframes and self-heals. Got 137k in ABX just randomly mashing buttons and I didn't even put an obelisk on him yet.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Anyone hear or know anything about Beast's costume?

I bought Cyclops because it was worth it as an avatar alone but haven't heard anything about Beast and I've been looking

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

I bought Cyclops because it was worth it as an avatar alone but haven't heard anything about Beast and I've been looking

I bought it but beast is pretty meh lol it makes him a combat villain though which is ok.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beast can put in a solid shift in SL

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I bought Dark Beast just to beef up my villain side. Beast was kind of useless to me as a combat hero but he slots in right behind Carnage as a combat villain. And I'll T2 him sooner than later now that we can get crystals reasonably quickly.

The Dave posted:

Nah I never got a WBU either and I'm level 70.

Yeah, I'm Level 70 and I've never gotten a WBU challenge either. I've actually managed to complete every challenge I've gotten and the only ones I've had that seem tough for someone a little lower than me are Villain Siege on Hard or a WBR. I end up not having any complaints about the Daily Challenges and I usually collect the bonus diamonds on Wednesday.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Datasmurf posted:

Welp, burned 35 million gold on Quicksilver while trying to get him to 60 on day one. Sadly, I'm stuck at 55 due to lack of gold. :P And for the first time in months, I've managed to spend all my energy.

Out of curiosity, how are you not running out? Have you gotten most of the energy-needing bios, or...?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

makes him as good a leader as titania in abx and strictly better at t2

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Celery Jello posted:

Out of curiosity, how are you not running out? Have you gotten most of the energy-needing bios, or...?

I have all the bios. Ha ha, yeah, I've gotten most of them. Everyone (apart from the 3 new ones of course) at 60/6/6/420 (well, the BO and the X-Men is between 415 and 420, because gently caress that slog). Probably around 50 T2s, and at least 150 bios on everyone, most seem to be at 270 or so, for upgrading the last ones to T2 and for costume upgrades (I want everyone to have at least an advanced costume, and mythic for people I care about, like the ones I've already got, Nico, Sharog, Crystal, Cap Marvel, Kamala, and Angela).

I guess it also help to have a high shame level. Just doing dailies and then getting energy refills from the alliance store and the points you get for sending stuff to friends usually puts me around 350 after a day, if I don't go all in on doing everything I can, that is.

I have a problem not spending money on this game, so yesterday I bought 2 of the 2 years anniversary packs for the 1k bam and crystals, so that I could buy the world boss packs up to the one costing 8k crystals. But as long as that only happens 3 - 4 times a year, I'm fine with it.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I'm still trying to find my rhythm now that we're free from the tyranny of hot time. 20 runs of special missions per day is the best though, gonna help me get Vulture 420'd so much faster.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I finally realized that boost just replaces Hot Time but removes the shackles of set, really inconvenient on the East Coast, hours.

But yesterday I really struggled with the pace of it and just figuring out how to adjust my routine to this new reality. Plus I got all Ticket Clear happy when it seems like I should still be running Specials and Epics so I can get the dimension shifters.

Just will take time to adjust. Plus I just finished getting enough Bios to T2 Cyclops so I'm backing off Tracking Missions for awhile. Which is a lot of new energy to play with.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i got all my daily poo poo done in boost time and now i have a full boost meter and nothin to spend it on really

lovin the new status quo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I like Boost Points

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Basically boost is better for people that are able to 'pop in' and play a bit every 2-3 hours because that's how long it takes to cap out.

Hot time allowed people to dump a lot more energy in a lot less time, so less time spent playing the game but you're forced to play at a certain time

It's a wash for me but I'm adjusting; basically story/tracking are the worst and try to spend boost pts on other stuff like special/rifts

For me the worst part is I don't see myself completing rifts 3x / day which used to be easy, but for casuals it's easier to finish one for the 300k at least so again, a wash

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i did 3 rifts today with about 40 energy spent because as soon as i hopped in one someone insta cleared the whole rift

i dunno if thats the new norm or what, but if it is, its insanely easy now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've gotten the three rift completion awards both days since the update. I have 1 so far today without a lot of playing. They key just seems to be to pop into one and see if someone else clears it. And sometimes i do 10 clears just to get us a third of the way there and see if some others do the same. Its worked out pretty well so far. There seems to be an easier/bigger draw when you know you can just clear a bulk of the stage quickly so time won't run out.

I won't miss those rifts that were like 97% with 80 seconds left and its a race to see if you can finish it in time (and don't).

Boost is definitely better than Hot Hours, it just takes a little adjustment to learn how to manage my energy/boosts now. And its an adjustment from trying to do as much as possible in a short period of time vs it being advantageous to just stop for awhile when my boost runs out. But I'm getting used to balancing the Energy stuff with the non-energy stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boosts are so much better even if I can't min max the poo poo.

I like that everything that uses energy pretty much can take advantage of it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In principle I love that I can now get energy reductions on all the Daily and Epic missions.

But there's this weird part of me that's annoyed that I now have to think a little bit about them if I want to save that energy instead of just auto running them all while I'm working with no regard to "hot hours".

Its dumb and I'll adjust.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
So after I finish Spider $20.99 I will have some bio sub left to grab either Ironheart or Agent Venom. I have some tickets that can get them to 6* but won't be getting them to T2 any time soon. I already have a max Wolverine so ABX isn't a worry.

Who's better?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Agent Venom's pretty bad rear end and I can clear Shadowland Speed Relays with him at 4/17 by just spamming his 5.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah, +1 for boost a couple days in. I'm pretty sure hot time destroyed my battery based on the number of times I'd be grinding missions during dinner while out with friends and poo poo. Now it encourages several smaller sessions throughout the day, and you can still do villain siege / bosses / etc when you're outta boost to fill in the gaps.

Only thing I wish is that is was optional -- I can see weird circumstances where I want to save boost to grind a different thing? Eh, no big deal.

I got Beast's uni. He does good work in Shadowlands already and having another new villain to use is pretty valuable in NuSL.

E: At T1 Agent Venom > Irohheart imo. I only have the latter and she's... okay but not amazing.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cinara posted:

Who's better?

AV is on an entirely different tier than Ironheart. She has full invul uptime but her damage is bad and no amount of gear/iso will fix it. This is a burst meta where mitigation doesn't exist (if you take damage, you explode instantly) so AV all the way baby (plus he's way cooler)

I cleared 3 friend spots for goons, I play everyday and am so good at this game please to be my friend

EDIT: poo poo forgot to say my IGN is Grummun

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 14, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
AV it is then! I had heard Ironheart had been buffed since her release, but good to know she's still not great.

Also friend request sent! I've got a few spots also IGN is Zulzk

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

Cinara posted:

AV it is then! I had heard Ironheart had been buffed since her release, but good to know she's still not great.

Also friend request sent! I've got a few spots also IGN is Zulzk

Ironheart is not great, but she's still pretty good. I just used her as the leader with Sharog in the BO rumble. I just ranked her up and she's only 6/6/50, but she managed to survive the entire fight while taking pressure off my main damage dealer. It let me time my damage proc a bit better and allowed me to clear the stage much faster than usual.

That being said, AV is way, way better across the board.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I'm trying to get Cable done as quickly as possible. Hoping Cable is worth the rush.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm waiting to see how good these new dudes are before going balls deep on any of them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im not rushing because i think gold will be my limiting factor

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

im not rushing because i think gold will be my limiting factor

That's better than the usual case of your incredibly low intelligence being your limiting factor!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:lol: don't buy the premium boost points. People aren't getting much of anything as the "bonus rewards". One dude over on reddit says he bought 100 premium boost points and ended up with 10 guks, 2 lvl 2 xp chips, and 5 clear tickets as all his bonus rewards

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the thing I'm most learning to love about this update is that I don't have to do all my Special Missions at once anymore or worry about having enough energy or time or whatever. I can just play a bunch of missions with the energy/boost I have right now and then finish it off later. Or like I did this morning, after I wake up and before the day resets.

That and for the 3rd day in a row I got the 3 Dimension Shift rewards even though I managed my energy really badly and wasted a ton on 2 shifts that didn't pay off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So do we not get special character bios from instant clears? I used all 20 special mission clears with hidden routes and didn't get a single vulture. :(