Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

He needs it to play with the dog

The dog has a hat, GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what is the name of Mario's dog, I need to know

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Really Pants posted:

Yoshi is Mario's dog

Poochy is Yoshi's dog

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Mario is Poochy's dog

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's Capn Hat, destroyer of homework.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Oh what the hell Amazon isn't getting my Samus Returns copy to me until Monday. :smith:

Oh well it happens I guess.

I just checked and mine says Tuesday the 19th....what the gently caress...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I'm just going to buy it on eShop since I didn't preorder

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Amazons nintendo product track record is spotty. My stuff always comes late but i never have that prob with other publishers games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I may cancel and spend the extra 8 bucks I guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm getting mine tomorrow because I didn't order from Amazon

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Preordered at GameStop and I'll have it in the morning :cool:

Then I won't be able to play it until Saturday :cool:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Really Pants posted:

Cagnetto Mario

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

If you buy it right now (or I guess any time today) it will actually let you pre-load it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It was always gonna get here late cause I live in the literal middle of nowhere so I'm gonna use some of my excess bday money to double dip on the eshop version because I want Metroid to do well and not go dormant for another ten years

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

If you buy it right now (or I guess any time today) it will actually let you pre-load it.

It's still not listed on eShop in the UK :saddowns:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

And it unlocks Midnight EST...Oh hell yeah!!! There's gonna be a new a metroid today!!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Zaggitz posted:

It was always gonna get here late cause I live in the literal middle of nowhere so I'm gonna use some of my excess bday money to double dip on the eshop version because I want Metroid to do well and not go dormant for another ten years

I love Nintendo but don't do that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is that a nintendog

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

In Training posted:

I may cancel and spend the extra 8 bucks I guess

I had to do this for BotW.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm finally watching yesterday's Nintendo Direct.

Is the Bravely Default team doing like a Romancing SaGa thing with Octopath Traveler? Because if that's the case then I am 100% in

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup there's also a demo out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

God drat it I need a Switch holy poo poo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Doom and Wolfenstein 2 on the switch? I honestly didn't think it was that powerful of a handsole.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not, it's just possible that IDtech 6 is the greatest videogame engine of all time.

On the other hand wait and see what the Switch version looks like before anyone's impressed lol.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope octopath traveler is like live-a-live

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks closer to the first SaGa Fontier but the two have a lot in common.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh hey, Live-a-Live is a connection I didn't even think to make.

Eight characters and medieval-ish setting makes me think Romancing SaGa instead of SaGa Frontier but that's probably not that meaningful of a distinction. Does Octopath do the SaGa level up and skill learning system or something more traditional?

Guess I'm buying a Switch soon huh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's pretty insane how smoothly Doom runs for how good it looks. All other games that approach Doom visually on my system can touch the tippy toes of 60fps fully maxed out @ 1440p, meanwhile Doom reaches 90-110fps effortlessly regardless of what's on screen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat Nishikiyama, you've changed since Yakuza 0 and to think Kiryu went to jail for you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Going straight from 0 to Kiwami is exceptionally :smith:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm in Chapter 14/15 of 0 (Can't remember which right off) and it's starting to sound like I should put something in between games instead of plowing through before 6 comes out

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ive been told that persona 5 is actually a bad game because it is aggressively homophobic

i never noticed it so i think the dude telling me this is full of poo poo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there's one part where New Yosuke gets harassed by hard-gay stereotypes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There are a couple of really grotesque gay caricatures that pop up a couple of times.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There are a couple of really stereotypical gay dudes who hit on Ryuji and make him go all gay panic and it's bad. The rest of the game, however, is extremely good.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ostentatious posted:

ive been told that persona 5 is actually a bad game because it is aggressively homophobic

i never noticed it so i think the dude telling me this is full of poo poo

It's definitely in there but its not as huge as that dude makes it seem.

I liked Persona 5 but it kind of went no where thematically after a really strong start.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

same dude also said persona 4 was transphobic because naoto and i disagree entirely w/ it

i think they are just grasping @ straws to hate a game because it doesnt conform to the narrative they want the game to tell

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, it feels like it. In Zero they gave a lot of backstory to some characters that are just a footnote in Kiwami or straight up die after being featured in a couple of dialogue scenes or turn evil after being pretty cool guys. It's brutal.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it's a misread of the modern RPG player to induce gay panic when now you'll want to take the 100% gayest option at every available opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Persona's gender politics have always been uneven, but that's to be expected from a director who could not make non-romantic relationships in a game because he said that he had never been friends with a woman

• Locked thread