Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Goons get real weird about people wanting easy mode matchmade raids. Hopefully Bungie listens to those who want them and not the people who rage at the idea. I'm not getting my hopes up.

e: lol see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just watch a stream then if you want it to be easy

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Destiny still needs LFR. Sorry

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Writing a quick lfg post on 100.io or whatever and crackin on to shoot some fat space dudes is a lot less effort than making many posts about destiny needing an auto matching tool.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If you can't expend the ounce of effort to find five people to raid with I can't imagine you'd be anything more than dead weight on the raid itself.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw it's pretty easy to shitpost from my phone thanks for your concern tho

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They have raids for spergs that don't want to talk to people

They're called Strikes

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

LFR in WoW usually got by with removing a key mechanic of the boss. Given that virtually all of this raid is mechanic driven with no boss, I can't imagine what it would be like.

Hub: same I guess?
Baths: no "stay on plates or wipe" mechanic so you can just do it however
Gardens: no restless thing, I suppose...maybe like one dog
Game show: ???
Boss: ???

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Game show?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

DrNutt posted:

If you can't expend the ounce of effort to find five people to raid with I can't imagine you'd be anything more than dead weight on the raid itself.

I agree that matchmaking for raids would be a terrible experience for everyone involved but getting 5 other people to dedicate half a dozen hours on something is not the easiest thing to do.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Game show?

The gauntlet. The lights and obstacle course make it feel like Double Dare or something

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Javes posted:

I agree that matchmaking for raids would be a terrible experience for everyone involved but getting 5 other people to dedicate half a dozen hours on something is not the easiest thing to do.

It's actually incredibly easy, if you utilize the discord, or the pgs thread, or a third party site if you'd rather not play with goons. If you don't have six hours to spend raiding then wait a month until everyone has pro strats and cuts the time down by 3/4.

E: or just raid as much as you can and peace out when you're done. Your group can find a replacement easy enough.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Lmao dude, it's not 'elitism,'

Maybe when you move out of your mom's house you won't feel so much pressure to keep the noise down and you can finally see a raid. Good luck!

You sincerely whined about welfare epics and carry queens back in Wow, didn't you.

Blackfyre posted:

People seem to be using up for anything

I'll keep a closer eye on that bit, then.

I do find it funny how defensive goons are getting about this, though. Turtleneck was even smugly talking about how hard Nightfall would be without an optimal group, for chrissake.

The fiddles bit about content needn't be getting a group together. If we can slap heads in the Crucible against premades, random Nightfalls and low difficulty LFG raids shouldn't be a big ask. Not everyone has a job that matches up with most of the player bases waking hours.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm glad you enjoy progression raiding and all. But it's silly in 2018 to be making content a tiny fraction of your player base is going to do.

I plan on doing the raid waiting for strats since I don't have a 10 hour chunk to set aside for progression anymore before you call me a massive scrublord or whatever you chud poopsockers think is insulting now.

Norns fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 14, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Spending ten minutes on r/fireteams was how I found a couple guys to do trials with, who ended up carrying me to the lighthouse. Of course, they expected me to talk on mic though so that option's out for this thread

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DrNutt posted:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Doing the first week's nightfall in a random with the elements only showing up in the corner for a couple seconds while trying to get done with 5 minutes left on the clock would be hard with Randos I'm not really sure why that's a weird thing to say

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Norns posted:

I'm glad you enjoy progression raiding and all. But it's silly in 2018 to be making content a tiny fraction of your player base is going to do.

I plan on doing the raid waiting for strats since I don't have a 10 hour chunk to set aside for progression anymore before you call me a massive scrublord or whatever you chud poopsockers think is insulting now.

I think Bungie said that over 50% of Destiny 1 players never completed a single raid, and that they wanted to make them more accessible for average players. It sounds like...they did not even come close to doing that, but maybe it's something they are shooting for in the future.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

You sincerely whined about welfare epics and carry queens back in Wow, didn't you.

I'll keep a closer eye on that bit, then.

I do find it funny how defensive goons are getting about this, though. Turtleneck was even smugly talking about how hard Nightfall would be without an optimal group, for chrissake.

Never played that lovely game so not sure what you're referring to.

And tbf to Turtleneck nightfalls used to be much harder and would in fact still be without the ability to abuse the burn mechanic. I was actually starting to think that the raid was going to be easier based on how easy the nightfall was this week and the fact that I was near max recommend light for it. But the difficulty in the raid comes from mechanical precision, not from enemy difficulty, which is why communication is important.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Doing the first week's nightfall in a random with the elements only showing up in the corner for a couple seconds while trying to get done with 5 minutes left on the clock would be hard with Randos I'm not really sure why that's a weird thing to say

That was a bug apparently.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Unlike WoW there isn't mods blaring at you to do something.

Destiny REQUIRES you have a goddamn mic if you want to do the raids successfully. Especially with how difficult they have gotten these days.

If you can't muster the $25 for a cheap mic then you aren't worth taking to the raid over someone who has one.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Norns posted:

That was a bug apparently.

well duh

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

moist turtleneck posted:

Doing the first week's nightfall in a random with the elements only showing up in the corner for a couple seconds while trying to get done with 5 minutes left on a lock would be hard with Randos I'm really sure why that's a weird thing to say

You made out that it was an insurmountable obstacle random groups would be unable to cope with. Nightfalls are slightly harder strikes with an elemental gimmick, and arguing premades are a necessary prerequisite is just ridiculous.

Literally nothing would be lost by offering in game random matchmaking, and I don't see why this makes people such as Nutts so eager to get out tepid burns about living in basements.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Got it done. Finally killed the last fucker and completed the raid.

All up got a helm, chest, scout and pulse.

Without giving anything away i will say this, i got the most dps in all segments of the raid using this setup. Its godly:

Striker. Top skill tree with double pulse nades (they are amazing for any dps). Full auto shotty for all encounters except last, where i used a high impact sniper. Sweet business and auto rifle secondary with the titan chest that reloads your auto rifles from inventory.

Its hard as hell. Good luck to anyone trying a full run. Took us 12 hours as 6x 290+ players who are all 2.5+ pvp kders.

Would be literally impossible with lfg.

Congratulations but what does the teams pvp kd have anything to do with it

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'll be frank I'm surprised if Destiny raids hit 3 hours after they've been out a couple of weeks. Much swifter than Wow

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't think anyone is debating the need for comunication...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Norns posted:

Yeeeah, you guys are hooked on something none of us have held up as the problem.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

You made out that it was an insurmountable obstacle random groups would be unable to cope with. Nightfalls are slightly harder strikes with an elemental gimmick, and arguing premades are a necessary prerequisite is just ridiculous.

Literally nothing would be lost by offering in game random matchmaking, and I don't see why this makes people such as Nutts so eager to get out tepid burns about living in basements.

Nobody is preventing you from taking your dick and slamming it in a door repeatedly if you really want to, man. Go hog wild and see how enjoyable it is.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"I want to do the raid"

"Okay there's like four different ways to hash out a group"

"no I want to be pushed together with literal idiots so I can complain about not getting past step one"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Nobody is preventing you from taking your dick and slamming it in a door repeatedly if you really want to, man. Go hog wild and see how enjoyable it is.

You are vastly overstating the difficulty of Nightfall. Perhaps the bad player here... is you.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why is it a controversial stance to have loving tools in the game you're playing to play more of the loving game? I don't get it

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Approaching 270, so hopefully I can get geared up for nightfall/raid. I just need to do nightfall/raid to complete the powerful gear quests to do nightfall/raid. :v:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think Bungie said that over 50% of Destiny 1 players never completed a single raid, and that they wanted to make them more accessible for average players. It sounds like...they did not even come close to doing that, but maybe it's something they are shooting for in the future.

21% of Destiny 1 players completed a raid

Not high right? Seems low, but really it's not.

Only 27% of players ever had a full set of legendary gear.

Less than 40% ever got a single exotic

Less than 60% ever decrypted 25 engrams

60% ever completed 1 strike

Basically yeah, 20% of the player base completing a raid seems low, but that number is deflated by a huge bunch of players who barely played the game at all. Sure, they are people and they count but they are hardly the playerbase for the game.

Norns posted:

Why is it a controversial stance to have loving tools in the game you're playing to play more of the loving game? I don't get it

My main objection is that it would probably lead to making the raids easier and less complicated which isn't really something that I want.

And they do have in game matchmaking now, kind of. Well they're beta testing a system for it so :shrug:

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 14, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Norns posted:

That's naturally going to be an issue with matchmaking, unless you somehow require a mic. Last thread, the guy demanding LFR wanted it because he didn't like using a mic. You're also going to get more of the continued issue with strikes: AFKers.

I think one way to make LFR work is to tune down damage required and increase participants, maybe like 18 people with unlimited resurrections. WoW would take 10-man encounters and let 25 people do them with mechanics removed, and having 18 guardians in a room would be funny, though I don't know if the engine can handle it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Norns posted:

Pretend you're being controversial if it makes you feel better, but it's just not really smart considering if you just threw a bunch of randoms into a party they would get upset and be more likely to quit the game, spending less money on it. Better to have it as something people are always working toward, and to be honest, any time they would spend on making a dumbed down version should just be spent on actually improving parts of the game or making the raid better.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

You are vastly overstating the difficulty of Nightfall. Perhaps the bad player here... is you.

Talking about the raid actually. So now you're willfully misinterpreting what I say in order to get in some tepid burns of your own I see. :thumbsup:

Seriously though in a month's time you idiots can apply for a guided game and get sherpa'd through by a group with more patience than god using basic matchmaking so I'm not sure what you're even complaining about at this point other than not being able to be a drain on somebody's group right this second.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Then maybe they should find a way to promote more of the content in the game and make it nor require third party tools or you being a part of a lovely community like this one

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

moist turtleneck posted:

"I want to do the raid"

"Okay there's like four different ways to hash out a group"

"no I want to be pushed together with literal idiots so I can complain about not getting past step one"

So let them. How does this change your experience at all? Are you the kind of person who protested Mario Kart's self steering mode with boundless flaccid aggression as well? If you always run premade groups, adding a lfr wouldn't change anything in your slice of destiny so stop arguing against the experience other people may want.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

My complaints are more of...the other game had 3 years to figure this poo poo out. Not that it's impossible for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

d3lness posted:

So let them. How does this change your experience at all? Are you the kind of person who protested Mario Kart's self steering mode with boundless flaccid aggression as well? If you always run premade groups, adding a lfr wouldn't change anything in your slice of destiny so stop arguing against the experience other people may want.

FishBulb posted:

My main objection is that it would probably lead to making the raids easier and less complicated which isn't really something that I want.

And they do have in game matchmaking now, kind of. Well they're beta testing a system for it so :shrug: