Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Larry Parrish posted:

[...] I'm probably gonna turn off solo selffind even though that's how I normally play and I want, uh, whatever you get for checking that box

Nothing. You get nothing out of playing SSF but the satisfaction of being a rugged individualist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

Nothing. You get nothing out of playing SSF but the satisfaction of being a rugged individualist.

I find it is an okay excuse for why I am not better at this game. I can't buy my way out of my problems, which obviously stem from my gear and not bad habits and poor reflexes. :smith:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

SSF has literally never made any sense to me but whatever floats someone's boat I guess

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

The Wonder Weapon posted:

A. What's the ranking of best movement skills? I'm a two-handed slayer, for what that matters.

B. I feel like I've hit a wall with my gear. Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/eschatoned/characters Character 'cyberermom" Here's the build I'm working from: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1859077

When I look at the items he's got equipped and what I've got, the differences seem to be 1. 6l, 2. Kaom's Heart, 3. Atziri's Acuity. The rest of it is basically the same. I could buy a Taste of Hate I guess, and of course the Kaom's Heart. He specifically says that you should try to get Acuity before getting 6l. So then it becomes a question of is it worth it to drop ~400c on a Heart when I could be saving that for an Acuity?

It basically feels like the only meaningful upgrade is the Heart, and it's possibly not even worth buying and instead saving my dough for Acuity.

My personal preference is 6L+5L, with you main attack skill in your 6L and the safety of extra dps/utility Ancestral Warchief in the 5L linked to blind, instead of a heart.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Could I get an invite on DarkPactZuzu? Thanks

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Can anyone figure out what's wrong with this RF build I'm trying to theorycraft? I have 14% regen and it still shows my regen as negative even with Rise of the Phoenix. According to the wiki that should be way more than enough.

https://pastebin.com/tqUzF83n

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Xequecal posted:

Can anyone figure out what's wrong with this RF build I'm trying to theorycraft? I have 14% regen and it still shows my regen as negative even with Rise of the Phoenix. According to the wiki that should be way more than enough.

Forgot to include purity of fire

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xequecal posted:

your mana recovery is bad? idk maybe take the three Quick Recovery nodes, seems perfect for MoM RF

edit mate you skipped Purity of Fire? smh

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 14, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ShutteredIn posted:

Could I get an invite on DarkPactZuzu? Thanks

Sent

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

your mana recovery is bad? idk maybe take the three Quick Recovery nodes, seems perfect for MoM RF

edit mate you skipped Purity of Fire? smh

Yeah, that was it. It's Guardian ES not Inquisitor.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The Chin Sol shrapnel shot trap build in BOTW looks pretty slick. That's probably the best way to use the skill! You can scale it much easier as a trap and you won't have to worry about the skill's inclination for close range attacks.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

McFrugal posted:

The Chin Sol shrapnel shot trap build in BOTW looks pretty slick. That's probably the best way to use the skill! You can scale it much easier as a trap and you won't have to worry about the skill's inclination for close range attacks.

I made a Chin Sol trapper ages ago and Shrapnel Shot was terrible for it, but that was back before we got the Shrapnel Shot jewel and also before it got radius scaling with level (I think I got 1 radius cluster on the tree). I ended up using Rain of Arrows and Tornado Shot instead because I was using poison + Vuln, so Blast Rain wasn't good.

The way Shrapnel Shots spread still don't seem all that great from a clearing perspective, and the fact that you have to use 2 traps at all because of the trap cooldowns makes the build feel inherently pretty lovely. The damage is fine, though.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 14, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I did a Chin Sol Shrapnel Shot non-trapper last league and it was pretty rad, I dunno.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ultima66 posted:

I made a Chin Sol trapper ages ago and Shrapnel Shot was terrible for it, but that was back before we got the Shrapnel Shot jewel and also before it got radius scaling with level (I think I got 1 radius cluster on the tree). I ended up using Rain of Arrows and Tornado Shot instead because I was using poison + Vuln, so Blast Rain wasn't good.

The way Shrapnel Shots spread still don't seem all that great from a clearing perspective, and the fact that you have to use 2 traps at all because of the trap cooldowns makes the build feel inherently pretty lovely. The damage is fine, though.

Oh he's using blast rain on a second trap. I looked at his guide and he doesn't really justify it at all. Also he says switching to Barrage for bosses is better, so even with a trap-focused chestpiece and build he *still* can't use a single trap skill for damage. Why do traps even have a cooldown at this point?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If a skill says that it effects allies, does that include minions?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

I know auras work on at least arrow clones since the entire mirror arrow build relies on your auras pumping them up

Also srs into mirror arrow build has been the smoothest build I've tried all league. Its kinda slow at first but once you get to 30+ its smooth sailing. I'll probably use it as my league starter for the next one.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

SirPhoebos posted:

Allies are totems, minions and party members.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Oh he's using blast rain on a second trap. I looked at his guide and he doesn't really justify it at all. Also he says switching to Barrage for bosses is better, so even with a trap-focused chestpiece and build he *still* can't use a single trap skill for damage. Why do traps even have a cooldown at this point?

Yeah I know he uses Blast Rain on a second trap. There's nothing to justify. You literally don't have enough traps to clear at a comfortable rate even with Saboteur, the trap cooldown nodes, and Tinkerskin.

A lot of that is because the cooldowns vary between traps. Ice Trap works as a standalone because the cooldown is 2 seconds. Fire Trap hasn't been popular for a long time but it was reasonable as a standalone at 3 seconds when it was used for ignite prolif builds, where you drop the trap and the whole area kills all monsters walking into it for 4 or 5 seconds. Trap Support has a base cooldown of 4 seconds, so you literally get half as many traps as an Ice Trapper and bow skills don't leave residual damage.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I couldn't make any bow based trapper work. I had an idea for mirror arrow traps but I would have to use a cold skill to proc EE, and ick.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Have they nerfed normal Atziri? I remember when I last played I had a shockwave totem templar that had a hell of a time with it, whereas this time around It was a cakewalk on my MoM ED Trickster. I ended up getting 2 valuts maps to drop from the fight too which was nice.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

Have they nerfed normal Atziri? I remember when I last played I had a shockwave totem templar that had a hell of a time with it, whereas this time around It was a cakewalk on my MoM ED Trickster. I ended up getting 2 valuts maps to drop from the fight too which was nice.

No, but they've buffed the everloving gently caress out of player power.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
So naturally, a few maps after buying Bisco's, a Bisco's drops. :v:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

GaistHeidegger posted:

Throw divine orbs at the worst bisco, continue until you have best bisco.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

GaistHeidegger posted:

Want to sell it to me for a discounted price :grin: ? I could really use a bisco's but really don't want to drop 110 chaos on one

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://pastebin.com/HQNLYQsw

Anyone wanna take a look at my build here? I'm going into red maps and it's starting to have trouble, both in terms of survivabilty and damage, and I'm not really sure how to fix it.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Another quick question. I ran my first Tier 10 Beach Head yesterday (was super fun and very lucrative). I had very little trouble with it, and when trying to roll some maps to fill out the Atlas, I got a Tier 15 Beach Head.

How much harder is the T15 one v. the T10?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

t15 beachhead was surprisingly easy i thought. maybe equivalent to a t13 map or so

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
As long as you can facetank ~t12 mobs in large numbers you'll be fine because Beachhead has no actual affixes that could change things up

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Awesome! posted:

t15 beachhead was surprisingly easy i thought. maybe equivalent to a t13 map or so

I might try and up my DPS a little bit before I run it. T12-13 map mob packs probably take a little bit too long (2-3 seconds) for my Contagion/ED to clear efficiently, and I think the number might overwhelm me slightly in the final fight.

AnonSpore posted:

As long as you can facetank ~t12 mobs in large numbers you'll be fine because Beachhead has no actual affixes that could change things up

I can probably with MoM and 5.5K Life/ES but would prefer a little bit more breathing room so will wait until I can up my DPS a little

PotatoManJack fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 15, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

PotatoManJack posted:

I might try and up my DPS a little bit before I run it. T12-13 map mob packs probably take a little bit too long (2-3 seconds) for my Contagion/ED to clear efficiently, and I think the number might overwhelm me slightly in the final fight.

I can probably with MoM and 5.5K Life/ES but would prefer a little bit more breathing room so will wait until I can up my DPS a little

I can do red Beachhead just fine and I'm only sitting at 4.2k life, no ES to speak of and ~1k mana for MoM. I do use Blight with 2 jewels + Temp Chains to slow everyone the gently caress down though. The only times I'd say it gets hairy is when I kill a Volatile rare and don't notice until the orb is right on top of me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The hardest part of T15 Beachhead is the tiger packs.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I thought T15 beachhead was kinda tricky with 5.3k life or so and MoM, but I also didn't have any defenses besides a shitload of regen and the block from my shield (SR/RF build).

Timmay.
Oct 14, 2005
my internet penis is here
Looking for a guild invite. Character name is Kipperman

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

volatile rares are always the biggest threat that could probably do with another balance pass

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 15, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

They got super nerfed compared to how they were in the past, they're in a pretty good spot now.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The only time I've died in 3.0 to a volatile has been while standing in the middle of a harbinger's shitstorm in a nemesis map. They're very simple to play around now for both melee and ranged, volatiles are good now.

Well, except that the ball should look different based on the type of damage.

e: VVV I stand corrected, volatile is perfect as is

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 15, 2017

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The other volatiles don't exist anymore, there's only fire so naturally there's only fire balls

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Just got back into this after not playing since about February, just hit Act 9 and I'm really enjoying the changes. Solar Guards are hilariously destructive and make sounds like it's raining golf balls onto a tin roof. Could I get an invite if there's space? IGN: PleaseBeScareful

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are there any good poison based builds nowadays, like as an Assassin? I think Mathil tried something with them a few weeks ago, thought it might be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any good poison based builds nowadays, like as an Assassin? I think Mathil tried something with them a few weeks ago, thought it might be interesting.

Tshot and/or Barrage I believe.