Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Maybe it'll even out if the big characters just plain do a lot of damage without needing to do huge combos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

anime was right posted:

whats even the point of playing a big character...

That's where KBR is at right now.

Power stone activation lessens the hitstun decay so he can get a guaranteed kill on average health character (with all resources full, corner only) but yeah it just seems like there isn't much point to the traditional big boys since their options are so much more limited than everyone else and now they are stuck doing the same damage.

I am still somewhat hype for the game but that really bums me out, Hulk/Haggar is one of the teams I wanted to play and from the words of the guy who basically invented hulk/haggar/sentinel in MvC3 he says the team is for the most part pointless :(

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bleck posted:

Maybe it'll even out if the big characters just plain do a lot of damage without needing to do huge combos?

its pretty rare for stray hits to not turn into full combos in marvel

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I hope they aren't just gonna be big guys and big targets that do th same damage and build less meter doing it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

I hope they aren't just gonna be big guys and big targets that do th same damage and build less meter doing it.

lol

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
There's going to be so much disappointment from people applying marvel 3 logic to this game.

It's still day -6 and people are writing off characters as worthless based on training mode guessing.

Hulk was trash tier in marvel 3 from an objective viewpoint but he still won evo.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Fellblade posted:

There's going to be so much disappointment from people applying marvel 3 logic to this game.

It's still day -6 and people are writing off characters as worthless based on training mode guessing.

Hulk was trash tier in marvel 3 from an objective viewpoint but he still won evo.

Don't get me wrong I am just going off what I am hearing here. I have no real previous marvel experience other than funning around so I am mostly going in blind.

That said for someone like Hulk one of the big gets for him in Marvel 3 is he did a lot of damage compared to most of the cast, and with damage seemingly being normalized he no longer has that feather in his hat.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
umvc3 hulk had one of the best supers in the game, killed you in one hit no matter what and did it with efficient meter use, is surprisingly oppressive against anything besides superjump height zoning with an assist, and could infinite bad assist calls from fullscreen without being able to really be punished for it if he has meter unless the other character can teleport, some wacky normals you had to respect and was one of the few characters where all of his assists were Pretty Good and worth using.

mid tier at worst

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 14, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/908238896021913602

monster hunter not being a part of the base roster is the most disappointing thing i've ever seen

gently caress this

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ryugainai/status/908271343560400898

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So this thread got massively heated while I was having a lovely night's sleep. I get that there is the sadness from those who have viewed MvC as one of the greatest fighting games and seeing it become a strange toilet. I get that some aren't bothered and wish to play it in whatever state. I also get that like every thread there are some who just want to stir up reactions.

If we could remember that we are attacking the quality of the game and not the person who likes/dislikes them when we criticise then I feel we won't have to have slapfights like this. Thank you all my friends! :D

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

darealkooky posted:

umvc3 hulk had one of the best supers in the game, killed you in one hit no matter what and did it with efficient meter use, is surprisingly oppressive against anything besides superjump height zoning with an assist, and could infinite bad assist calls from fullscreen without being able to really be punished for it if he has meter unless the other character can teleport, some wacky normals you had to respect and was one of the few characters where all of his assists were Pretty Good and worth using.

mid tier at worst

This is all true, the key point is that it certainly isn't stuff people knew at day -6 of release of vanilla/ultimate mvc3.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

I have a review copy so I have to deal with embargo stuff, but I have to say that the post-credits scene in story mode is so delightfully ridiculous that if I spoiled it, you'd swear I was making it up.

ill spoil it it's the entire cast running a train on stan lee while he's locked in the shame cube and jack kirby laughs and laughs and laughs

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Snippet of the cast list from the credits:

https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/908269215144075264

If nothing else I'm glad Chris Tergliafera is getting more work

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Chun's voice is... Ashly Burch?

I feel like that's a far cry fro Cassie Cage but whatever. I haven't heard any audio from this game yet so ok?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Check out @mvcClockw0rk’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/mvcClockw0rk/status/907856943016017921?s=09

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
ashly burch is in everything

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is X having a voice lore appropriate I never played the non NES Megamen.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8vrHB9wG0

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

fadam posted:

He's voiced by Dan from SF4, but yes he has had voices before

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

fadam posted:

X and Zero have had voice acting ever since MMX4, most notably:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
The fact that they couldn't even pay for Laura Bailey this time is fairly good indicator of how much effort and cash was spent on developing this game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shiki Dan posted:

The fact that they couldn't even pay for Laura Bailey this time is fairly good indicator of how much effort and cash was spent on developing this game.

Wasn't it a strike issue in that case tho?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

I can't imagine Ashley Burch is any less expensive than other voice actors at this point tbh

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Shiki Dan posted:

I'd imagine it probably has more to do with timing than budget, given the rest of the cast. Roger Craig Smith is a bit of a "get" these days, and there are a surprising number of returning cast members.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey was simply up to her neck in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Shiki Dan posted:

Laura Bailey is on self-imposed strike from voice acting, all her continuous works have been taken by someone else at this point.

Any work you see of her was probably recorded back in February when work before the strike can be continued.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Wasn't it a strike issue in that case tho?

ashley burch and jyb are union so no

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It amazes me that there is a union for talking. America is a wonderful place.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gologle posted:

we should have more unions for more things!

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Fellblade posted:

nobody has mvci logic to apply yet, this is as good as it gets (looking to the closest possible game for comparison). people looked at early mvc3 through the mvc2 and tvc lens and people look at dbzf through the gg lens. I don't think anyone is passing judgement, it's speculation

it'd be downright silly to just decide anything is certain about this game based on impressions from noted cryman kbr

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gologle posted:

The two unions no one can gently caress with are SAG and MLBPA. The real shame is that there's only two like that.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gologle posted:

:goonsay:

here it is. the most retarded post in the thread

its almost like people deserve certain rights like livable wages!

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 14, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's fun to theorize about videogames!

I think it is, at least.

For instance, I'd have to play Hulk/Haggar/Nemesis to see what they have, but for now I get the feeling you're rather pick up a 8-way dash/flight character than a big body because do they get ANYTHING to make up for lack of mobility?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

C. Everett Koop posted:

The two unions no one can gently caress with are SAG and MLBPA. The real shame is that there's only two like that.

dont forget police unions

stop resisting

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Race Realists posted:

according to imdb laura bailey could live just fine on voice acting wages for decades before suddenly realizing there's a problem

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I feel like characters with strong throw mixup games are going to be sneaky good early on since landing a throw removes all red life SFxT style.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dias posted:

It's fun to theorize about videogames!

I think it is, at least.

For instance, I'd have to play Hulk/Haggar/Nemesis to see what they have, but for now I get the feeling you're rather pick up a 8-way dash/flight character than a big body because do they get ANYTHING to make up for lack of mobility?

they probably have more access to super armored normals or scarier command grabs or something. or at least that's what i'd give them if the order came down that i wasnt allowed to make their combos notably stronger

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

darealkooky posted:

according to imdb laura bailey could live just fine on voice acting wages for decades before suddenly realizing there's a problem

Are you serious?

I'm pretty sure you don't actually have an innate knowledge of Laura Bailey's finances and going "Well, someone was doing a job, clearly it must have no problems" is really really stupid. Did you know that people who are actors may also take other jobs at the same time? Or that even if they get paid a living wage it may not be a reasonable pay or include benefits or countless other things.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

It's not much but the big characters do have slightly more health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Race Realists posted:

:goonsay:

here it is. the most retarded post in the thread

i don't think you have any right to call out anyone's posts as the most retarded, considering your track record

that being said

unions own

• Locked thread