Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Ben Nevis posted:

Is anyone avoiding Wilson this weekend? With the way they struggled against GB, I have to think the Jags (?!) are going to just tee off on them.

Seattle is playing the 9ers. I don't own any shares of Wilson, but I'd be starting him if I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

that's dumb

Ben Nevis posted:

Is anyone avoiding Wilson this weekend? With the way they struggled against GB, I have to think the Jags (?!) are going to just tee off on them.

jags play the titans

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

VietCampo posted:

They play the 49ers so no im firing him up.

I cannot read.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

Oh cool, I'm facing Le'Veon in 3 of 5 leagues this week. Can't wait for the Steelers to force feed him the ball to make up for Week 1.

Alternatively, if he has another dud I've hit the lottery.

Vikings front four is very good, if he does any damage I'd expect it to come in the passing game.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

well I waited too long thinking about Clay and someone else got him :argh:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
If it makes you feel better I dropped Ebron for Clay but decided to stand pat with Eifert.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

MrSargent posted:

If it makes you feel better I dropped Ebron for Clay but decided to stand pat with Eifert.
I dropped Marvin Jones for Clay because I got paranoid about Erzurum getting hurt. Now I have TE depth but my WR situation is even shakier.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

People react so knee jerkingly bad to Week 1 it's astounding to see some of the opinions in here

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Odell back at practice.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Silly Burrito posted:

Dammit, someone just dropped Amari Cooper for Andre Ellington, and I'm only 9th on the waiver list. :argh:

If I could get Cooper for dropping Zach Ertz....

I was wondering how this could happen, but then I saw Cooper isn't on the can't-cut list on ESPN nor NFL.com. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NFL.com's list is hilarious. You can drop McCoy or Melvin Gordon if you want!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've never really understood the concept of an "undroppable" list. Anyone dropping a premiere player is tanking and should be thrown out of the league, and otherwise, why second-guess owners' decisions?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/nfl_alerts/status/908375324005748736

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I can't tell is he clear to return?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Yeah, he's expected back after their Week 10 bye.

I'm so desperate for RBs that I'm actually considering offering some junk for him just to stash him on IR.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I've never really understood the concept of an "undroppable" list. Anyone dropping a premiere player is tanking and should be thrown out of the league, and otherwise, why second-guess owners' decisions?

For the same reason that we have motorcycle helmet laws and warnings on cat food that say "not for human consumption." People are dumb and will drop players after one bad game, no matter how good they are or how high they drafted them.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I forget who I had but there was a completely cuttable player that I couldn't drop for a few weeks. Can't remember if he lost his job or got put on IR.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

OxySnake posted:

Yeah they don't have the Designate to Return part of IR anymore. Anyone on IR can be the player(s) that come back.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Full PPR start 3 WR 2 RB 2 flex.
Gurley and Alshon for Shady and Russell Wilson

Wilson owner also has Brady and starting Maclin, Jordan Matthews, and Crowder. Other owner starts Stafford.

Seems reasonable?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OxySnake posted:

Yes, unlike David Johnson :moonrio:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I forget who I had but there was a completely cuttable player that I couldn't drop for a few weeks. Can't remember if he lost his job or got put on IR.

Wasn't Peyton Manning considered undroppable when he was hurt and it remained that way for a long while? I seem to remember people being pissed about that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's why using an undroppable/uncuttable list is ridiculous. Just turn it off.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Thomas Rawls v SF or Darren Sproles @KC in my flex? Seems like a no-brainer to put Rawls in

E: Wrong thread, don't reply to me

a patagonian cavy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 14, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You would think. Then again Sproles is from KC and playing the Chiefs for the last time most likely and also may be a problem for that defense.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

a patagonian cavy posted:

Thomas Rawls v SF or Darren Sproles @KC in my flex? Seems like a no-brainer to put Rawls in

There's a thread for questions like this.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

pubic works project posted:

There's a thread for questions like this.

poo poo, I'm apparently blind. sorry about that.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dianna Russini at ESPN:

quote:

Biggest news coming out of OBJ chat was his injury is a 6-8 week recovery. They aren't even at a month yet.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Felter Chesthard posted:

Full PPR start 3 WR 2 RB 2 flex.
Gurley and Alshon for Shady and Russell Wilson

Wilson owner also has Brady and starting Maclin, Jordan Matthews, and Crowder. Other owner starts Stafford.

Seems reasonable?

Seems like a heist for the side that gets McCoy.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Should I drop Burkhead for D'Onta Foreman? Or is all the talk out of Houston just talk? I do have Lamar Miller in that league so it would be handcuff as well. Other RB are: Dalvin Cook, Abdullah, Jaamal Williams.

It is a salary cap dynasty league, if I pick up Foreman now would have no claim on him for next year, if I wait until next week and bid on him (we have a strange system, one round of blind bids then FCFS) and win then I would have him under contract for next year but risk losing the bid.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Dianna Russini at ESPN:

quote:

Biggest news coming out of OBJ chat was his injury is a 6-8 week recovery. They aren't even at a month yet.

Yeah I saw this.

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/908393718536847360

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They may just run him out there as a decoy. Something to think about. If he plays you pretty much have to start him I'd imagine.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd much rather have the backup to Miller on a bad offense than the 4th string RB on a good offense

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hixalot posted:

Should I drop Burkhead for D'Onta Foreman? Or is all the talk out of Houston just talk? I do have Lamar Miller in that league so it would be handcuff as well. Other RB are: Dalvin Cook, Abdullah, Jaamal Williams.

It is a salary cap dynasty league, if I pick up Foreman now would have no claim on him for next year, if I wait until next week and bid on him (we have a strange system, one round of blind bids then FCFS) and win then I would have him under contract for next year but risk losing the bid.

I wouldn't. I am not super high on Burkhead but he did nearly have a TD.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

I'd much rather have the backup to Miller on a bad offense than the 4th string RB on a good offense

He hasn't really shown much to suggest he would do anything with the role. I agree neither are particularly appealing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He hasn't really shown much to suggest he would do anything with the role. I agree neither are particularly appealing.

I'm a simple man and I believe that your bench RBs should always be lottery tickets instead of food stamps

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
One of my leaguemates was discussing trades and suggested my Mike Evans for his DeMarco Murray and Alshon Jeffrey. My RBs are McCoy, Mixon, Powell, and Riddick, and my WRs are Evans, Hilton, Pryor, DeVante Parker, Ginn, and Kupp. Is this a no brainer? Jeffrey will most likely come around, but what's the backfield look like in Tennessee? I know Henry has a decent chance to steal carries. Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They may just run him out there as a decoy. Something to think about. If he plays you pretty much have to start him I'd imagine.

He plays Monday night, I'm probably going to sit him this week. I can't afford a zero. I think there's a much higher chance he scores under 5 points than over.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

I'm a simple man and I believe that your bench RBs should always be lottery tickets instead of food stamps

I agree. With that in mind what would you do if you had Rawls, Luck, Prosise, and Burkhead on your bench and these players were on the WW:

Alvin Kamara (Sunday)
Buck Allen (Sunday)
Bilal Powell (Saturday)
Paul Perkins (Saturday)
Charles Sims
Marlon Mack (Saturday)
Chris Carson

The days in parenthesis are when they come off waivers, and I have the top pick among people likely to make a claim. That means if I want Kamara or Allen I would need to skip Powell.

Thoughts?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I picked up Buck Allen even though he seems like an underwhelming talent. I'm in a PPR league though.

The most lottery seems to be Kamara because of the offense he's in and that they're giving him passing duty nods over Ingram. He can easily be replaced at any minute through rookie foibles and established guys like Ingram. Marlon Mack seems to be in the same deal but on a worse team.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I think people are giving up on Powell way too early. Matt Forte is old and will get hurt or slowly phased out imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think people are giving up on Powell way too early. Matt Forte is old and will get hurt or slowly phased out imo.

This is my hope. Sadly I won't hold my breath though as the Jets are going to suck and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they at least test the waters with their Rookie RB.

• Locked thread