Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
someone named GrandNagus_Berno sent me a PSN pm saying, "Suck a BUTT" during a BF1 Ops match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Office Pig posted:

jupiter is the prehistoric goatse and we could only hope to recreate something go magnificent

greeks were kinky

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

how does this conversation veer when they put together that these policies might benefit minorities

It only seems to bother middle-class white dudes that post on internet forums and concern troll about minorities, no one else seems to care.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ex post facho posted:

and ws told "well it sounds like you want a female candidate on your terms when you say eventually"

"well it sounds like you only want a female candidate for president if she holds the same stances as you on most of the important issues of our time, you loving pig"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ThndrShk2k posted:

The election was stolen from her by force through dirty sick means of a known sexual abuser.
It was a mental rape that we, the american electorate, voted to allow through the virtual violation of her sacred body of office: The presidency. Her, who had won more votes (and thus rights over the body of office because we're a mob rule popular vote system), over him, who had won more EVs and took(by force) the office. (Guess we failed to pokemon enough before going to the polls)

Basically she lost by a landslide :sad:

if its a legitimate election rape there's a way to shut that down

:commissar:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It only seems to bother middle-class white dudes that post on internet forums and concern troll about minorities, no one else seems to care.

much like video game boobs.

anyway clinton sucks qtid

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

BTW what he means by this is that Trump is stupid for building a wall, he should be sweeping trespassers with drones instead. Seriously.

The more hilarious part of it is he only cares because NY is a major drone manufacturer. Schumer is as classical a senator as there ever was

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

even the doggos feel the bern

free matey

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

much like video game boobs.

anyway clinton sucks qtid

Hillary does indeed suck, but people that don't even play video games, have strong sex negative opinions of video game boobs, including Hillary herself. I wonder if there is some kind of correlation.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
video gam'es

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Phone posted:

but but but I like npr! they're so serious and incredibly adultish about everything! no stop calling it nice polite republicans!!!

Nice
Pissdrinking
Republicans
:smugdon:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fleetwood posted:

someone named GrandNagus_Berno sent me a PSN pm saying, "Suck a BUTT" during a BF1 Ops match

:bernpop:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

comedyblissoption posted:

NPR's first sentence in their segment about this issue talked about Bernie introducing medicare for all. The next two literal sentences NPR talked about how expensive the program would be and how it would raise everyone's taxes. The entire rest of the segment was two people concern trolling to each other about how expensive the program would be, how it could possibly be paid for, and how these attempts failed in California and Vermont. There was I think one throwaway line about how expensive american healthcare was compared to the rest of the world, but there was no time dedicated to examining why.

The goal of NPR, NYT, WaPo, et al. when discussing this issue to their liberal-minded audience is to provide the following message:
  • it's a nice idea, but it will be so much more expensive than now
  • who is going to pay for it? it's going to massively raise your taxes
  • don't think about how other OECD countries manage to have much cheaper and better healthcare while covering everyone. do think about canada having higher wait times for certain types of procedures than the US
  • government takeover of healthcare. 'free market' is better and more efficient
  • focus on the narrow overton window of Obamacare vs Trumpcare

Medicare for All is CHEAPER should be front and center in messaging. The health industrial complex is ripping you the gently caress off should be a central message.

hmm you mean people will lie about Good Policies™? this is a stunning development that has never before happened in the history of politics

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

NPR is super extremely Liberal, in the truest definition of the word

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

oh poo poo this rules

seriously how did he sneak that in there lmao

Honestly, that wealth tax is really heartening, because I consider the willingness to actually tax wealth, rather than just income, as the best signifier of whether someone is genuinely interested in actual wealth redistribution (rather than just slowing the rate at which the rich become richer than everyone else). This makes me a lot more confident about where Bernie wants to take the country in the long term and his general willingness to push for helpful, but dramatic, changes.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

comingafteryouall posted:

I heard that segment in the car and laughed at how transparent that poo poo was.

especially since I'm not rich as gently caress.

gently caress NPR

I know it's not NPR but PBS but this should really be posted any time people talk about liberal public media

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Honestly, that wealth tax is really heartening, because I consider the willingness to actually tax wealth, rather than just income, as the best signifier of whether someone is genuinely interested in actual wealth redistribution (rather than just slowing the rate at which the rich become richer than everyone else). This makes me a lot more confident about where Bernie wants to take the country in the long term and his general willingness to push for helpful, but dramatic, changes.

We already have "wealth" taxes in the form of property tax. There's absolutely no downside to taxing high levels of wealth, because at a certain point there's no way to stop wealth accumulation anyway.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
she looks hardworking

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

:keke:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Fleetwood posted:

don't doxx my clan, the Grand Nagus

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i believe in a 10% wealth tax

10% of the top of the body :unsmigghh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

This is the standard response to when any sort of governmental social benefit is proposed. It's conventional wisdom, really: no matter how much detail you go into regarding how to fund your project, you still haven't mentioned how you're gonna pay for all this unicorn sparkle fairy magic :smug:

I think the reason this is such a popular argument is that your average person isn't going to know and memorize the funding provisions for a given policy, so it basically allows these people to say "see, this random layman doesn't know off the top of his/her head how to fund the bill, therefore the bill and everyone who support it are dumb :smuggo:" in arguments against the majority of supporters of a policy.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

i believe in a 10% wealth tax

10% of the top of the body :unsmigghh:

:getin::thermidor::piss:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Nice
Polite
hillaRymen

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

We already have "wealth" taxes in the form of property tax. There's absolutely no downside to taxing high levels of wealth, because at a certain point there's no way to stop wealth accumulation anyway.

the estate tax is also a sort of wealth tax which is why old rich people have been screaming about them a lot recently and why I'm glad another one of the proposals is raising estate tax rates on the higher end

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I like the optics of calling the estate tax the "Death Tax," as in you pay this tax, or you die and lose it all when the angry mob guillotines you.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/908366122583564288

is Huma still hanging with Hillary?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jimmy dore criticizing hillary for her insane blame everyone else interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14IgrlKGHc

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

It's so Jimmy to call Hillary a 'son of a bitch' lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hey I remixed the audio to make him more tolerable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13d5d6LVEpU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
jimmy dork

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
more like jimmy bore

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

hillary, extremely not mad at sanders being the leader of a major policy push and completely ignoring her swipes at him, talks about the real problems facing America

https://twitter.com/scaramuccipost/status/908284697033297921

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I've never listened to Chapo episode but are they that insufferable? Cause I've heard a few clips that I liked but I've been hesitant because why would I want to hear an hour of screeching at irrelevant liberals

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wasn't neera just in des moines?

https://twitter.com/jasonnobleDMR/status/908335025208340480

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

the only reason Dems are against the wall is because Trump is so toxic. they happily supported similar proposals under the last couple presidents

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I've never listened to Chapo episode but are they that insufferable? Cause I've heard a few clips that I liked but I've been hesitant because why would I want to hear an hour of screeching at irrelevant liberals

They talk about important current events every week (last one was about DACA and they had an immigration expert in as a guest) and spend more time clowning on right-wingers than Twitter libs, they're just best known for beefing with hillarymen because that's what people are maddest about

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

zegermans posted:

they're only insufferable if you're a big fan of doughy NYT op-ed writers for some reason

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zegermans posted:

no. i find TYT and jimmy dore unwatchable / unlistenable but chapo is generally quite good. menaker is a genuinely gifted interviewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

beefing with hillarymen because that's what people are maddest about

sounds like a useful endevour

GalacticAcid posted:

no. i find TYT and jimmy dore unwatchable / unlistenable but chapo is generally quite good. menaker is a genuinely gifted interviewer.

cool I might give them a lunch listen

• Locked thread