Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Then panicking about leaks is all the confirmation I need for the Dany Gets poo poo Flung At Her Chronicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I have to say this sounds kind of like fake news to me, is the show going to be concluded in one big final scene that resolves everything? Everything boiling down to a single confrontation is really unlikely, and even if that happens is that seriously going to be the very final scene of the show? otherwise there's no possible way filming several endings is going to be feasible, this show is going to have a shitton of epilogue sequences, those pretty much have to give away whatever Big Twist D&D have planned.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 14, 2017

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
In my headcanon the correct ending is the one in which Johnny Snow becomes a lumberjack.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Drogon will sit on the Iron Throne

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Groovelord Neato posted:

they did cut out the north remembers and season 5 suffered for it.

I'm watching Preston's watch videos for older seasons and it bums me out because they easily could have done Davos' storyline in ADWD and weaved in Manderly and it would have been 10x better than what we got

Ah well

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Jon flies the dragons into the sun, Dany disappears.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Nail Rat posted:

Jon flies the dragons into the sun, Dany disappears.

Flashforward to 2000s New York.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Filming multiple endings to avoid people spoiling is the dumbest poo poo ever because nobody in history has ever not watched something because they heard what the ending is.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mike N Eich posted:

I'm watching Preston's watch videos for older seasons and it bums me out because they easily could have done Davos' storyline in ADWD and weaved in Manderly and it would have been 10x better than what we got

Ah well

the best part is they poo poo on manderly and say he abandoned the starks on the show.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Flashback to a more innocent time of the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Edit: wrong thread

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

im glad theyre wasting the tits budget and some fake endings noone will give a poo poo about

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
That guy who toxxed for the S8 spoilers is in trouble.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That guy who toxxed for the S8 spoilers is in trouble.

Only... Remember how you guys said they were fake because the big scene where the night king dies was omitted.

Well, lucky you didn't toxx I guess.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
The spoilers are so obviously real that I wonder how some of y'all manage to dress yourself and drive and poo poo

Also, they are good, the spoilers are real and good.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i find it hilarious that you're taking anonymous 4chan posts at face value while calling *other* people retarded.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

basic hitler posted:

i find it hilarious that you're taking anonymous 4chan posts at face value while calling *other* people retarded.

I did no such thing. It's not my fault so many people here become irrationally upset at the thought of other people disagreeing with them.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

that post wasn't for you!!!!

but point of fact re spoilers, seriously, the source is loving 4chan. can't believe this much time has been spent on it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Only... Remember how you guys said they were fake because the big scene where the night king dies was omitted.

Well, lucky you didn't toxx I guess.

Well the real reason they're fake is that someone uninvolved with the show created them himself.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

basic hitler posted:

that post wasn't for you!!!!

but point of fact re spoilers, seriously, the source is loving 4chan. can't believe this much time has been spent on it.

So what? the first source of authentic spoilers last year was some random poster on r/freefolk whom everyone called a liar.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Well the real reason they're fake is that someone uninvolved with the show created them himself.

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

/r/freefolk is immediately more believable than 4chan as a source

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hey hey, can we just declare the multiple endings to be all canon (when they're leaked) and then boycott the final season to be rid of this filth? :v:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

basic hitler posted:

Yeah this is the biggest point toward the leaks being fake. If they were real /r/freefolk would know.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Away all Goats posted:

Flashback to a more innocent time of the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

This, uh...would not have made any loving sense at all

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah this is the biggest point toward the leaks being fake. If they were real /r/freefolk would know.

basic hitler posted:

re:post but otoh people keep raising the same arguments so, here's how r/freefolk reacted to the s7 spoilers

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

re:post but otoh people keep raising the same arguments so, here's how r/freefolk reacted to the s7 spoilers

That was just a few random posters though, the mods and the majority of the community recognized the leaks were real.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I have an easier time believing the Dany poo poo Flinging and Main Character 3x1 Explosive Resolution than HBO filming multiple scenes for season 8 to avoid leaks.

Like just filming alternative endings will not work since people could easily single out the true ending using the whole context and buildup from the rest of the season, so in order to pull a believable fakeout they would have to film multiple variations of multiple scenes all throughout the season.

The show is already cutting it's budget really close that they had to cut down the last 2 seasons and season 8 will have to have at least 2 big battle scenes between everyone vs Night King and then everyone vs Euron/Cersei to additionally add all this switcheroo around.

Someone at HBO's executive board must be really stupid to think this is a good and worthwhile plan. Script leaks had no impact whatsover on the number of viewers, and episode leaks only affected them in season 5 when 4 episodes were leaked all at once and all happened to be very expositional dumpy episodes. Season 7's leaked episode still had a lot of viewers due to them being more action packed.

Then again, this whole plan sounds more retarded than the real s8 scripts, so I guess it must be true.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That was just a few random posters though, the mods and the majority of the community recognized the leaks were real.

How do you know that? I've been looking for awayforthelads original posts and the replies made to them but it's difficult to find as he deleted his account.

Even in posts made over a month after awayforthelads posted his leaks the vast consensus seems to be that they're fake: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57g8yf/compilation_of_spoilers_by_awayforthelads/

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I have to say this sounds kind of like fake news to me, is the show going to be concluded in one big final scene that resolves everything? Everything boiling down to a single confrontation is really unlikely, and even if that happens is that seriously going to be the very final scene of the show? otherwise there's no possible way filming several endings is going to be feasible, this show is going to have a shitton of epilogue sequences, those pretty much have to give away whatever Big Twist D&D have planned.

It's not really that complicated. If you want to, say, keep that Jon Snow dies in the end a mystery, you could film a scene where Sansa is queen of the north, and one where Jon is king. If you want to keep Daenerys dying a mystery, you can film a scene of her in the Iron Throne. It's hardly more difficult than shooting multiple takes of a given scene.

None of this is to 'prevent people from reading spoilers and therefore not watching the show', they know everyone's going to watch the show. It's just to keep some mystery and mostly for hype.

It's not really that uncommon. David Chase had Phil Leotardo show up at Tony Soprano's house with a machinegun and just shoot at it, just in case people were following the filming.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Rewatched Blackwater, man I'd forgotten how hosed up on wine Cersei got. Lena Headey did some pro work in those scenes

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Qyburn was Ares all along

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Peter Dinklage actually just inadvertently confirmed a few of the leaks in a quick interview with TMZ.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

hosed up if true

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Raspberry Jam It In Me

xz$396gm§

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
The fact everyone keeps saying how the leaks are true because leaks have been true in the past is so dumb. Are they from the same source? If I make a new account and post in this thread some fan fiction stating that it is spoilers, is it now true because someone who wasn't me on a different website posted real leaks a year ago?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I agree.

But the leaks are true.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

So It Goes posted:

The fact everyone keeps saying how the leaks are true because leaks have been true in the past is so dumb. Are they from the same source? If I make a new account and post in this thread some fan fiction stating that it is spoilers, is it now true because someone who wasn't me on a different website posted real leaks a year ago?

They are not from the same source and the usual authorities on leaks don't believe them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

So It Goes posted:

They are pretty well made. And they perfectly capture the lovely writing from the last two seasons and have small subtle inconsistencies like the spoilers from the last season. Yeah, we have no way of knowing if they are real, but they bring home the fact that whatever we are getting in the end is gonna be just as much of steaming pile of poo poo as the fake spoilers, probably much worse. There is nothing to look forward to, no closure for ASOIF. God is dead. Santa isn't real.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

close thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

They are pretty well made.

Ah yes, because copying the format of already leaked material is so loving difficult amiright?

• Locked thread