Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't blame him for taking many vacations. He's got a successful business and has recorded plenty of content for the channel in advance, clearly, so why not? Hell if I could have that job and take a week off every month, while working my rear end off to create enough content for the weeks I'm off during the other weeks, I totally would.

IIRC, some of the "vacations" were actually him doing stuff with the video game he's helping make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They should invest in a laptop or a tablet or something so they can look stuff up. Maybe through this technique they can defeat the mighty Crazy Talk.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The absolver videos were absolutely painful to watch, facetanking hits constantly after picking a dodge style is kinda hilarious :v:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

They should invest in a laptop or a tablet or something so they can look stuff up. Maybe through this technique they can defeat the mighty Crazy Talk.

Only a Stand can defeat a Stand.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh hey, the Switch Online app has updated. No more is it "far beyond the worst expectations" and instead falls into "eh, discord is still more convenient", at least for voice chat.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

This is my stand, 「LOOK FOR THE TRUTH」

(Its just a big buff skeleton dude who googles things)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

Fact-checking will ruin the podcast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Yet non-Stand objects can assist in defeating a Stand.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
So have we hit rock bottom in Policenauts yet or does it keep going?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You will know when they hit rock bottom in Policenauts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the getting up LP is maybe the most unwatchable thing they have ever put up on the channel

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

the getting up LP is maybe the most unwatchable thing they have ever put up on the channel

I know it's great!

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
Man, 5 minutes in to the latest podcast and it's already talking about fox dicks. Strong.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

How is it compared to THUG because that one was painful.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How is it compared to THUG because that one was painful.

imagine if thug had bad combat matt didn't know how to play and mashed buttons so much every fight repeatedly went into first person

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I am re-revising my nostaglic opinion on Gettin' Up. When the LP started, I just thought "Oh, it's a bad game that I just remember fondly."

Now I'm at "It was actually as decent as I remember and Matt's just so terrible at it, he had me convinced it was the game's fault".

Also this is going to be a LONG playthrough. They're not even a quarter of the way through.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 14, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've never seen Woolie and Pat as disgusted with anything as they are the concept of Rebirthers in Policenauts

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hey, does anyone remember what the video is where the gang's wrestling alter-egos debuted? I can't seem to find it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh man, a hubris collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9Cg8BrIlY

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Blockhouse posted:

I skipped Getting Up because I have no connection to that game and if I'm going to watch a game from the ugly era I at least want to feel something when I watch it, but I recently decided to give it a couple of episodes and yeah, I'm tapping out too.

I'm not a fan of the Cryme Tyme stuff either so maybe it's just Matt and Woolie being mock-street that doesn't do it for me. I was gasping for LA Noire to be done and over with too and if people are saying they aren't even halfway through the game that's pretty disappointing.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I also bailed on the Marc Ecko Extreme Street Adventure because there was one episode where the music was really really bad and annoying. It was like some kind of produced garbage without lyrics, it wasn't hip-hop or anything. It was from a few episodes back.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

All the talk about how bad season 3 of TWD game is got me interested in catching up, I've watched through Season 1. All I really knew going in is that Matt and Pat always hated Kenny, and boy is it warranted. Only just started season 2, but cripes, is nothing good allowed to happen ever? Like it feels like the plot is governed by "everything has to go wrong." And man is it ever lovely for the game to set you up for failure in a scenario it's so obvious what's going to go wrong.

I'm honestly kind of more interested in the whole "you become a zombie regardless of how you die" and how everything started, but from what I understand, TWD is very much not about that part of zombie fiction, and instead is all about how "people aspect."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Season 3 makes season 2 a masterpiece and epitome of writing and art in comparison

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oxyclean posted:

Like it feels like the plot is governed by "everything has to go wrong."

TheWalkingDead.txt

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Life is Strange LP started, and I guess they're doing an hour per episode.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
TWD from Season 2 on made the massive mistake of trying to be more like the TV show, which is a show filled to the brim with hard-to-like characters and endless melodrama and sure enough that's what season 2 was.

I tapped out of season 3 after the fourth or fifth time everyone gets taken hostage. The one with the cake lady. It was just so massively rote and uninteresting.

For what it's worth the humour was part of what I loved in season 1 and the writing felt much, much lazier without it. Also I really enjoyed being Kenny's pal in my play through.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Next on SBFP: Two Blind Fucks play PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I was excited at first, and then Woolie asked what button reloads and I remembered the incredible loving hilarious controller+keypad contraption he needs to play Overwatch with and then I realized that this might get a little painful.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Don't need to use WASD to sit in a house!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I was excited at first, and then Woolie asked what button reloads and I remembered the incredible loving hilarious controller+keypad contraption he needs to play Overwatch with and then I realized that this might get a little painful.

reminder that part of why omikron was so bad was woolie set up the controls

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Matt having played Eclipse Phase and being a TITAN apologist is loving amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

Life is Strange LP started, and I guess they're doing an hour per episode.

What? Where?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Matt's channel with Liam.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ErichZahn posted:

Matt having played Eclipse Phase and being a TITAN apologist is loving amazing.

Really, when did he say that? That's awesome, Eclipse Phase rules.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 15, 2017

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Really, when did he say that? That's awesome, Eclipse Phase rules.

Polienauts LP. He's also a spacist.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 15, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

TheWalkingDead.txt

So the game literally doubled down after I posted that. I posted that after everything leading up to Clem falling into the river. Right after is the stuff with the dog. It's misfortunate in the most absurd way. (What dog goes vicious after patiently begging for food?)

...and how the gently caress did Kenny survive? Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo. Is Kenny secretly nightcrawler and bamf'd out of the zombie horde that descended on that alleyway? I almost feel sorry for Kenny because anyone he loves dies, but I'm also seriously disappointed there's no option to be like 'hey remember that thing you did with the salt lick? Yeah, shut the gently caress up about what I did." Not done the season yet, maybe it'll come up later.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

So the game literally doubled down after I posted that. I posted that after everything leading up to Clem falling into the river. Right after is the stuff with the dog. It's misfortunate in the most absurd way. (What dog goes vicious after patiently begging for food?)

...and how the gently caress did Kenny survive? Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo. Is Kenny secretly nightcrawler and bamf'd out of the zombie horde that descended on that alleyway? I almost feel sorry for Kenny because anyone he loves dies, but I'm also seriously disappointed there's no option to be like 'hey remember that thing you did with the salt lick? Yeah, shut the gently caress up about what I did." Not done the season yet, maybe it'll come up later.

On the plus side, now you can watch the LP and see them complain about all the stuff you've already complained about too.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

On the plus side, now you can watch the LP and see them complain about all the stuff you've already complained about too.

I've been experiencing it through the LP. Seeing them get mad and ridicule the game is probably the only thing that keeps me watching. :v:

"Oh hey, this new character is pretty cool, how long before they pull out some horrible moral opinion?"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oxyclean posted:

'hey remember that thing you did with the salt lick? Yeah, shut the gently caress up about what I did."

To be honest I still don't know why this was a big decider for some people, Larry had it coming super hard from episode 1.

"After Lee saves Clementine from a walker, Larry punches Lee to the floor, even if the player supported them earlier, attempting to leave him behind for the walkers. However, Lee is saved by Kenny, who calls Lee an "rear end in a top hat" or "good friend" depending on if Lee sided with Larry earlier."

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The PUBG video might be the Woolie-est video ever on the channel, beating out IT'S AN AAAAAAAAAAALIEN and him freaking out over BoI.