Nov 18, 2014

Gamespot gave SaGa Frontier a 6.9/10

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Gwendolyn/Oswald thing is still more than a little hosed up, putting it lightly.

Gwendolyn rules, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I liked Velvet/Rabbit guy better but only really because I disliked Oswald on many different levels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

The Gwendolyn/Oswald thing is still more than a little hosed up, putting it lightly.

Gwendolyn rules, though.

Yeah, I loving hate that awful romance and it ruined any chance I had of enjoying Odin Sphere's story.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Chariot has you playing as a princess and her lower-born boyfriend as they try to find a resting place for her father that meets his ghost's increasing demands. It's a pretty cool game representation of a couple because they work together and high five a lot, preferably while riding the dad's coffin down a ramp at high speed.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Odin Sphere's bullshit is mostly fine given that it's all just based on an over hundred year old opera which you can't expect to be all that progressive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mercedes is the best character anyway

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Chariot has you playing as a princess and her lower-born boyfriend as they try to find a resting place for her father that meets his ghost's increasing demands. It's a pretty cool game representation of a couple because they work together and high five a lot, preferably while riding the dad's coffin down a ramp at high speed.

That sounds cool but I've never heard of it. Can you give some more details?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

chumbler posted:

That sounds cool but I've never heard of it. Can you give some more details?

It's a co-op physics puzzle platformer. It's really fun and some of the optional puzzles REALLY stress your ability to coordinate with your partner. The game is technically playable solo but I feel like that would be sort of soulless, the co-op element is definitely the most interesting part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czz_7PPP0ho

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

exquisite tea posted:

Life is Strange had a very beautiful central relationship that could be guided to be more romantic, although this is probably 100% nominal as Kiss Chloe was like a 96% decision point.

The other option is Warren who lol I don't loving think so. I ignored his advances at every chance I got and made the science experiment blow up inhis face. I also cold shouldered him completely when you have the choice near the end to kiss or hug him

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In a Stardew Valley, everyone's just quietly bisexual. It's lazy as gently caress but it works

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

hosed up that you're all forgetting X and Zero.

Also it would be neat to see a game where the protagonists are a happily married couple, going on an adventure together.

DQV

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The remake lets you take both your children, so the whole family gets to slaughter together. :black101:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Raxivace posted:

Is that why you're so cheerful all of the time

It is absolutely one of the reasons, yes! :D
The other is a truly wonderful series of therapy sessions about three years ago that completely helped me grow and change my outlook on the world. Good grief, I owe everything to them and I cannot say enough good things about it! :D

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello last night stux and i found an early 2000s website for balloon animal enthusiasts (twisters as they call themselves) and i lost my dang mind laughing to death

Dr Twistin posted:

Christ on the Cross
by Bill Beatty

I was working a 4th of July a couple years ago, and felt led to create this for a gentleman. No explanation except I had to make it. After he received it, he started crying.

Dr Twistin posted:

Many of you know that I do a Jesus on the Cross balloon.
What am I saying? It's easy to imagine that many of you do this balloon
as well, since I have sold well over 1,000 copies of that specific
instructional video. Anyway, what you don't know, is that on three seperate
occasions I made the figure "biblically correct". He was totally exposed
and completely uncovered that day. I made that balloon minus the loincloth
and fully equiped because I wanted to see it all - as it really was.
I have never made this figure in this way for public display, nor would I.
I dare say that you could count on one hand the number of people, other
than myself, who have ever seen it done this way.

posted:

Subject: a loss
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:22:37 -0800
From: Lorna <lornaparis@sbcglobal.net>

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that the USA's space shuttle
Columbia crashed this morning.

All that I can ask is that we treat this event as a death in the family
of anyone who might be listening to us perform. I remember when the
Challenger went down, and it stopped all that I met in their tracks.
Remember, that your restaurant/party clientele probably will not be
ready to hear space shuttle crashing jokes
, and other tasteless things
like that. (personally I never am)

For those who might want to join me (mentally), I will be lighting 25
candles this afternoon, in memory of the crew that we have lost, and
sending out my good wishes.

posted:

I agree that one should take thought of such events
like the shuttle crash, but to take it as a death in
the family is a bit much. Those who ride the shuttle
know they are chosing a high explosive job. When I
twist balloons, balloons pop. That's the dangers of
the trade, the part I don't enjoy. The same can be
said for riding the shuttle. Not for the faint
hearted. I'm sure they're riding high now, no more
need for air miles.
-- Jim (UK Twister)

quote:

The convention is like a womb…. And I’m not pregnant!... but work with me here…. We are sequestered in a convention center with the best in the world for 4-5 days.� We are being fed vitamins and minerals….(business classes, twisting classes) and dessert….(jam room sharing)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Who the hell is stux

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

quote:

I agree that one should take thought of such events
like the shuttle crash, but to take it as a death in
the family is a bit much. Those who ride the shuttle
know they are chosing a high explosive job. When I
twist balloons, balloons pop. That's the dangers of
the trade, the part I don't enjoy. The same can be
said for riding the shuttle. Not for the faint
hearted. I'm sure they're riding high now, no more
need for air miles.
-- Jim (UK Twister)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Who the hell is stux

stux is the guy who has (used to have?) the av of a tooth with the text "chillaxing maxillary and relaxillary"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like to believe that there's a heated divide in the Twister group that never goes away, the use of non-balloon props with the balloons vs those staunchly opposed to any non-balloon prop. Many a heated debate, testing friendships and comraderies leading to temporary, reluctant truces between sides of the forums.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the main divide was whether or not they should tag adult "blue" sculptures

posted:

Subject: Re: a possiable rating syatem for post
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:27:55 +1000
From: "Woody Meltcher" <magicbox@halenet.com.au>

>"if it's gospel oriented lets put a G
>if it's faced toward adult context put a A
>if it's just a normal post then don't put anything "

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The White Dragon posted:

stux is the guy who has (used to have?) the av of a tooth with the text "chillaxing maxillary and relaxillary"

I preferred the hot dog hat tbh

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

codenameFANGIO posted:

I preferred the hot dog hat tbh

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Can love balloon on the battlefield?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Send my regards to stux, glad he's doing ok :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

New XCOM expansion is a Very Good Video Game

The posters actually appear on walls in-game! It's so good!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why are the typefaces so bad

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why are the typefaces so bad

They're horrific and I'd kill for a way to replace nearly every feature in the poster maker, ripping off all the text and layout poo poo and just focusing on the composition seems to generate much nicer results.

Here's some 21:9 screenshot porn:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why are the typefaces so bad

Those are all randomly generated posters, I haven't delved into the photo editor at all

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
football is a type of game played in september
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/alabama-fan-concerned-language-barrier-hawaiian-qb-article-1.3493395

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oddium are you dating stux? If so tell him im glad he scored but no need to answer here publically

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Here I am, playing the new Sonic game everyone's raving about while I wait for the new Metroid game to release.

So it's apparently 1991.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I can't believe Stux is the father of Oddium's child

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
This whole time I thought stux was in love with video games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

This whole time I thought stux was in love with video games

Just cod

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

tap my mountain posted:

This whole time I thought stux was in love with video games

I don't think he would cheat on Lady Video Games

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

tap my mountain posted:

This whole time I thought stux was in love with video games

I thought the opposite

  • Locked thread