Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I wish we got a Problem Sleuth game instead of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I could be playing Homestuck tonight right now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
homestucks pretty okay

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Email says backers can download early but I redeemed my steam key and can't download it. Welp.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

subpar anachronism posted:

Email says backers can download early but I redeemed my steam key and can't download it. Welp.

Yeah, I dithered, but decided I wanted my Steam achievements so I'd have to wait an hour. Meanwhile, managed to finish chapter 1 of Life Is Strange.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I don't usually read game news, so I don't know how accurate Kotaku is about anything, but this review says Hiveswap is good.

I guess we'll know for sure later today.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Why did I just buy more games, I have so many games I haven't played yet and now Hiveswap is out :supaburn:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hah, you losers, being able to 'afford games'

This is how you win

Not being able to buy the game

That's like victory

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i look forward to the coming schism over the game quality

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Burkion posted:

Hah, you losers, being able to 'afford games'

This is how you win

Not being able to buy the game

That's like victory

The secret is to have been able to afford the game when you bought it 5 years ago

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
it's called hiveswap because it's so bad it makes you break out in hives and say "i'd rather watch swap.avi"

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Freak Futanari posted:

also lol at anyone who thinks the other episodes of hiveswap will come out

this episodic structure is just a way for them to shove what little they have out the door, so they can say "eeeeh we TECHNICALLY released a game lol" before cancelling the rest

Streaming wasn't as big as it was when this mishegoss started. Every let's player is going to finish the game and do their own voice acting and it will make a huge splash and money will roll in.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dmitri-9 posted:

Streaming wasn't as big as it was when this mishegoss started. Every let's player is going to finish the game and do their own voice acting

aka the soundtrack endlessly playing in the pits of Hell

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

Newspost. Apparently Viz Media is putting out the Homestuck books from here on.

Including the epilogue.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yeah homestuck books

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KaosMachina posted:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

Newspost. Apparently Viz Media is putting out the Homestuck books from here on.

Including the epilogue.

Where is this newspost?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Burkion posted:

Where is this newspost?

On Viz's website: https://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/v/1006498

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Burkion posted:

Where is this newspost?

Scroll down.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

KaosMachina posted:

Scroll down.

Or shift+F5 if that doesn't work because this sometimes happens with the MSPA site.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That did it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hamsteak is officially an anime

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Freak Futanari posted:

it's called hiveswap because it's so bad it makes you break out in hives and say "i'd rather watch swap.avi"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

loving don't tempt it

That could be the Epilogue

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
It's out.

Sweet Jegus it's out.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think that review actually makes me more pessimistic about the game, given this part:

quote:

The way that the fantastical trappings give way to realistic teenage angst reminded me why I liked Homestuck in the first place

edit: Though I guess the fact it was competent enough that someone was able to play it at all is still a good thing.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm over in the other thread, but it's beautiful and fun to play for me. I like point-and-click adventure games a lot, though; my other jam right now is Life Is Strange.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Wait, there's another thread?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

"Homestuck Inc."

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I mean on the one hand I'm disappointed but on the other hand I don't think "MSPAINT ADVENTURES" is exactly realistically trademarkable

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

I mean on the one hand I'm disappointed but on the other hand I don't think "MSPAINT ADVENTURES" is exactly realistically trademarkable

They are the adventures of the titular character, Miss Paint

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tunicate posted:

They are the adventures of the titular character, Miss Paint

i only care about the epilogue inasmuch as i want to see if her thing with Jack works out

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

they actually released (part of) the game, i honestly didn't believe it would happen

it's not... terrible? i find it hard to believe it'll be popular enough make back the money to fund any further installments though

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This game is really funny and has a massive hate-on for Bubsy.

I'm particularly impressed by the fact that you can rub everything on every clickable to get thematically linked pieces of dialogue. That's a lot of work and most of it's really charming and funny too.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Android Blues posted:

This game is really funny and has a massive hate-on for Bubsy.

I'm particularly impressed by the fact that you can rub everything on every clickable to get thematically linked pieces of dialogue. That's a lot of work and most of it's really charming and funny too.

Yeah, I didn't realize that at first, which now sort of makes me want to start again to read it all. Sort of.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I'm interested that my best descriptive word for this, charming, is showing up in a lot of reviews both professional and other.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Hiveswap came out, it's bad, and i can finally stop caring about Homestuck!!! at long last!!!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Freak Futanari posted:

Hiveswap came out, it's bad, and i can finally stop caring about Homestuck!!! at long last!!!

you're not going to tho

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

you're not going to tho

That depends on how long it is until the manga comes out

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Waited 5 years to play a 3 hour game.

I think I've put more time into watching repeats of [S]Collide than this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tunicate posted:

It Was An Anime All Along

Freak Futanari posted:

today is the day that homestuck finally ends, once and for all

pfHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA