Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Still making one burrito a day but can't get double meat anymore :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Fauxtool posted:

is it really worse than the GBS bitcoin thread where every 3rd post is "hurrr buttcoin is bad" without any actual contribution?

bittcoin is bad

Kazinsal posted:

If this thread gets to 50 pages I don't know whether I'll be more disappointed in you guys for unironically keeping it going or myself for starting the loving thing

New goal

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just wanted to get some people 10 dollars a day back when you could do that. Everyone still going at these 2 dollar a day rates seems too desperate. 50 dollars a week after fees was hard to argue with. Maybe 10 dollars a week now after fees seems like a waste of time.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Is it a waste of time? I've got this down to a science: when idle my computer makes back the money I spent on the video card.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

craig588 posted:

I just wanted to get some people 10 dollars a day back when you could do that. Everyone still going at these 2 dollar a day rates seems too desperate. 50 dollars a week after fees was hard to argue with. Maybe 10 dollars a week now after fees seems like a waste of time.

You monster what have you done

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jago posted:

Is it a waste of time? I've got this down to a science: when idle my computer makes back the money I spent on the video card.

If not a waste of time then merely a waste of the Earth's resources

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

QuarkJets posted:

If not a waste of time then merely a waste of the Earth's resources

It's okay, most goons make up for that by not producing any offspring.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Good tradeoff imo, can't let those lazy^2 post-millenials have any of my burritos

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Facebook Aunt posted:

What if I murder someone else to keep our carbon footprint down

It's just the right thing to do, seems to me

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

New program idea: Nicemurder. Murderers hire goons to do their murdering for them, to be paid in burritos.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Rip China.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

1gnoirents posted:

bitcoin is bad

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Nicehash conveniently missed a payout on Tuesday for me when I had .017+ and now the price is *fart noise* is there somebody I can complain to? Like an agency of some kind that handles discrepancies and manages issues???? what are those called

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

1gnoirents posted:

Nicehash conveniently missed a payout on Tuesday for me when I had .017+ and now the price is *fart noise* is there somebody I can complain to? Like an agency of some kind that handles discrepancies and manages issues???? what are those called

You mean you want regulation for your unregulated currency market?

You still have the same amount of coin. Dont know why you would want FIAT anyway.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Don Lapre posted:

You mean you want regulation for your unregulated currency market?

You still have the same amount of coin. Dont know why you would want FIAT anyway.

I need to speak to a manager

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

is there a non-mining crypto thread anywhere on SA? for market chat etc

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3259986

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Ow, on a 1080. 1080ti isnt doing much better.

On a side note, my memory is running 1000 mhz slower while mining on both this 1080 and 1080ti. This was fixed before months ago by craig with nvidia inspector then natively by nicehash but it seems to have returned. It actually has a pretty direct impact on mining.

Does anybody know of a fix? I tried legacy miner and DDU and there is no change. I tried the P0 power state setting in nicehash with no change to memory speed. The original nvidia inspector setting (which I believe was just the p0 power state setting) seems to be gone.

edit: I suppose a better question would be, is everybody else's memory running at rated speed?

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 14, 2017

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Colorful Intros a Non-standard Motherboard with Eight PCIe x16 Slots

:eyepoop:

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Say I wanted 30Mh/s Etherium, what would the most efficient/cost effective video cards to get?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

redeyes posted:

Say I wanted 30Mh/s Etherium, what would the most efficient/cost effective video cards to get?

why do you think this is a good idea?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

redeyes posted:

Buy an R9-290, the finest 4-year old GPU in the land.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
If your power is cheap or free get a 290 and ziptie some fans to it, otherwise its 570/580/1070

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
ethereum is hosed and you're never getting your money back, let alone profit.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

1gnoirents posted:

Does anybody know of a fix? I tried legacy miner and DDU and there is no change. I tried the P0 power state setting in nicehash with no change to memory speed. The original nvidia inspector setting (which I believe was just the p0 power state setting) seems to be gone.

absolutely nothing you do to optimize your poo poo will make a difference worth the effort. stop wasting electricity and wait for the market to pick up.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

ethereum is hosed and you're never getting your money back, let alone profit.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

absolutely nothing you do to optimize your poo poo will make a difference worth the effort. stop wasting electricity and wait for the market to pick up.

Its less about optimizing rather than fixing something thats broken. Its downclocking my memory below stock values, which brings me from 730 sol/unit of time to 630 sol/unit of time. Its aggravating because it was something that was fixed but its occurring on two different systems, one of which is as vanilla an install as it gets.

As far as electricity even at this pittance its not even close yet. I may shut down one because there is arguably some effort in maintaining an instance on my primary computer but on my mining garbage computer it'll likely run until the market actually crashes since it's largely self contained. Really I shouldn't even pay attention to it at all lol but... I do.

All that said I really would like to fix this memory crap

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Should I wait for bitcoin to hit $5000 before buying again

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

BTCChina posted:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4151955570459465
BTCChina比特币
7小时前 来自 微博 weibo.com
比特币中国将于9月30日停止所有交易业务

尊敬的比特币中国用户:

根据9月4日下发的《中国人民银行 中央网信办 工业和信息化部 工商总局 银监会 证监会 保监会关于防范代币发行融资风险的公告》文件精神,秉承着防范投资风险,最大限度保障用户利益的原则,比特币中国团队经慎重讨论,现做出如下决定:

1. 比特币中国数字资产交易平台今日起停止新用户注册;
2. 2017年9月30日数字资产交易平台将停止所有交易业务。

比特币中国的矿池(国池)等业务将不受此影响,继续正常运营。

给您带来的不便,敬请谅解。

如有问题,请咨询客服support@btcchina.com。

比特币中国
2017年9月14日

https://twitter.com/YourBTCC/status/908285586368167936

https://twitter.com/YourBTCC/status/908285663924985856

Best Wishes

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I think we're all going on a little diet free of burritos for a while. Oh well, till the next bubble (if one ever comes).

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

why do you think this is a good idea?

Its a horrible idea. It is for someone else, and I told them it was a bad idea but OMG CRYPTOCURRENCY.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nnno.... All my savings are invested in mining rigs :negative:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

redeyes posted:

Its a horrible idea. It is for someone else, and I told them it was a bad idea but OMG CRYPTOCURRENCY.

do you hate them? why would you help them do something this stupid?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

So now do I sell my 1080 for, still, more than I paid for it or HOLD FOR GOLD. I really wish Volta news was more concrete

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I'm going to keep mining and trade for more shitcoins.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I'm still at a burrito a day, thanks to Taco Bell and the $1 beefy fritos burrito.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

well why not posted:

is there a non-mining crypto thread anywhere on SA? for market chat etc

definitely not, nope

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Bitcoin has dropped 25% in the last week lol.

Wasn't there someone in here who bought in at 5000? Hope they were just kidding.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Yes I sold my RX 480 (which was a RMA replacement for a $200 R9 290) for $325 earlier this week. Just in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

redeyes posted:

Get them a copy of divabot's book instead

https://www.amazon.com/Attack-50-Fo...foot+blockchain

• Locked thread