Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A cooker hood.

A slab of quartzite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Rolo posted:

I know nothing about laptops but that keyboard is boss as heck.

Nice two generation old processor though

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fayez Butts posted:

Nice two generation old processor though

It's a better processor than the 7700 being put in everything right now.

Also one gen

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

its all nice on rice posted:

I just ordered this because my old one finally died.
I can feel the hairs in my nose and it's horrible.

I've just bought one of those as well , used to have the model 3000, but it wore out trying to scythe through the straw that now seems to sprout from my conk.

I don't want to be one of those old guys that shave every day, yet have completely hairy nostrils (and eyebrows).

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

its all nice on rice posted:

I just ordered this because my old one finally died.
I can feel the hairs in my nose and it's horrible.

We get it you vape

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: if you don't just pluck out your nose hair while on the bog.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bape Culture posted:

A cooker hood.

A slab of quartzite.

are you making a bench top with the quartzite

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

$2.99 on Steam for another week :toot:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

are you making a bench top with the quartzite

Yeah countertops for my new kitchen. It's gonna be sick AF.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I ever get my own place I'm going to put in TILE COUNTERS :evilbuddy:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

If I ever get my own place I'm going to put in TILE COUNTERS :evilbuddy:

Enjoy your bacteria in the grout I guess

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Life hack: leave out the grout!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Life hack: leave out the grout!

Triggered

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

Enjoy your bacteria in the grout I guess

Adds flavor.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Trabant posted:

This inspired me to pick this up on steam for 2.99 as well:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

I take mine to the shitter so I can keep posting uninterrupted.

It's comically large in my tiny bathroom. One of these though I posted it already in this thread. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154325R&ignorebbr=1

So you can shitpost while you... shitpost. Aayyee.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OSU_Matthew posted:

Is actually Oregon trail or some goofy edgy version?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OSU_Matthew posted:

the soundtrack is so cool :D

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

LingcodKilla posted:

It's like Oregon trail, but with high speed wagon chases, machine guns, a level in space... Exactly as I remember it.

For content, bought a slide hammer, because, you can never have too many hammers:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Trabant posted:

Hell yeah, game owns

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
There were a few posters in here that were having issues with their Nexus 6P because of the known battery issue. Google is now replacing them with a brand new Pixel XL at no cost! I contacted their support and I'm getting a 128GB version even though I only have a 64gb Nexus.

I actually bought a case since the phone is free. I was thinking of getting a dbrand skin but that doesn't offer any protection if I drop the phone I went with a regular case.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

LingcodKilla posted:

It's a procedurally generated side scrolling shooter. It's a good time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A mug for my ex-wife, who is a librarian:

And various literary-themed socks for myself.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I kinda want an ask/tell thread about having an ex-wife you're on good enough terms with to still give small thoughtful gifts.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bottom Liner posted:

I kinda want an ask/tell thread about having an ex-wife you're on good enough terms with to still give small thoughtful gifts.

She babysat my girlfriend's kid so that my girlfriend and I could go out to a wine-tasting thing. We're on very good terms!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Thats like my entire family. Most exs and their extended families all still come to holiday stuff and parties. Most of my relatives are in older, maybe things were different in the 60-70's? I have "uncles" who I have known all my life who divorced from my aunt when I was an infant.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Digital Jedi posted:

There were a few posters in here that were having issues with their Nexus 6P because of the known battery issue. Google is now replacing them with a brand new Pixel XL at no cost! I contacted their support and I'm getting a 128GB version even though I only have a 64gb Nexus.

I actually bought a case since the phone is free. I was thinking of getting a dbrand skin but that doesn't offer any protection if I drop the phone I went with a regular case.

I got upgraded from a gold 64gb Nexus 6p to a 128gb silver Pixel XL. I got that same case but in the blue/gold. Looks nice and has a snug fit. The phone itself has been pretty nice so far but I just got it in the mail yesterday so I've spent the day playing with it. Transferring your files over from your 6p takes no time at all, mine came with new cables and stuff too.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Good Dog posted:

I got upgraded from a gold 64gb Nexus 6p to a 128gb silver Pixel XL. I got that same case but in the blue/gold. Looks nice and has a snug fit. The phone itself has been pretty nice so far but I just got it in the mail yesterday so I've spent the day playing with it. Transferring your files over from your 6p takes no time at all, mine came with new cables and stuff too.

I know this isn't the right place to ask, but do you have a link to directions for submitting a claim?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Subjunctive posted:

And various literary-themed socks for myself.

I'm now getting twitchy from library flashbacks, working the checkout desk at closing and seeing the line just stretch on and on. This was back before barcode scanners when you had to stamp cards like the one on that mug and photograph them.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Subjunctive posted:

She babysat my girlfriend's kid so that my girlfriend and I could go out to a wine-tasting thing. We're on very good terms!

Goddamn, that's impressive. Good job to you all for being level headed adults, which is sadly shocking.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

1redflag posted:

I know this isn't the right place to ask, but do you have a link to directions for submitting a claim?

I did my through the in phone chat support. Took all of 30 minutes. Just say you are having the nexus 6P battery drain issue and they will know.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I just bought a Pixel XL last month to replace my aging Nexus 6 when they cut the price ahead of the Pixel 2 release ....

It's waiting for me back on dry land. If I'd only known at the time I could have just bought a 6P and got a free upgrade.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I just contact Google over my issue last night and I'm getting a black 128gb Pixel XL as my replacement. Should come Monday.

I picked up this Spigen case to offer it some protection, though I am planning to get the Pixel 2 when it's announced in about three weeks.

I was just going to deal with the issues my replacement 6P was giving me, but I will be going on my honeymoon between now and then and wanted to have a reliable phone to take with me out of the country.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

1redflag posted:

In your settings app on your phone, choose support. I think I swiped right on my 6p but on this new phone its just one of the options towards the bottom. You can either do phone or chat, just say that you've tried the usual troubleshooting and are still having problems with the battery and they'll get you set up with a new phone without any more trouble than that. You'll need to give them the phones special ID thing which you dial *#06# like you're placing a call and it'll give you that serial number. They'll give you instructions either way though. It took about 15min in live chat.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Subjunctive posted:

Presumably, the reverse of this has a large, red stamp: 'Withdrawn from Service'

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Subjunctive posted:

Great job cucking your ex. Nice that you got her a consolation prize.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

that's awesome

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Lunchables for grown ups is charcuterie.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

The grown up version of a lunchable is a lunchable two lunchables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, my ex (boyfriend, but we were together like ten years) is still pretty much my best friend. It does happen sometimes!