Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DrNutt posted:

I think Bungie was pretty smart to not gate light level around raiding and high level PVP this time around. I like to raid but it's nice knowing that if I want to just chill on patrol and have a laid back time I don't feel like I'm wasting my time and I'm still getting good rewards.

This is why I'm waiting a week or two to poke at the raid. No rush. I still have exotics to grab.

Probably level the other classes now and get everything around 280.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you want your titan to look like he skipped leg day every day for five years, wear the Synthoceps and a Devastation Complex in the chest slot.

I got this combo last night and it's all comedy.

Unfortunately the app doesn't seem to have character previews working so I can't show you right now. But trust me it's super hilarious!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

This is why I'm waiting a week or two to poke at the raid. No rush. I still have exotics to grab.

Probably level the other classes now and get everything around 280.

As a long time Destiny 1 vet my mind was loving blown upon getting drops above 280 before even stepping food in the raid which apparently maxes out at 280 enemies.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Yeah, I'll probably get into a raid sometime this week just to see what it's like. Then I'll probably watch all the strat videos before stepping in again just so I know what I'm doing.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Waffle House posted:

Wardcliff coil aka Dubious Volley is loving hilarious, it's more useful for swathes of enemies rather than boss dps but wow that's a lot of missiles.

The gently caress are you talking about? Dubious Volley is a great elite/boss killer.

https://i.imgur.com/cbDRMOH.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/N2NHpd3.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/PKYwKdo.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/TdWeBpg.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/abSWq9p.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/zttcgmR.gifv

Oh wait you said boss killer not boss kicker.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Javes posted:

No but then the antisocial sperglords on reddit will upvote a plea to nerf raid mechanics to the front page and Bungie will acquiesce.

Lol nope, on Reddit they are kind of aligned with goons on matchmaking, same defensive attitude towards Bungie and all.

By the way, lol at guided games, as soon as the playerbase moves from easy to hardmode nobody will sherpa randoms, lets not illude ourselves about that. (And yes, guided games are only for easy mode).

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
On my first character I picked Graviton Lance. And it sucks.

On my second character I picked Riskrunner. And god that thing can't aim for poo poo.

Now inregret not picking Sunshot:(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's amusing how many D1 veterans did not pick the gun that was obviously a remake of the single most popular handcannon in all of destiny.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

It's amusing how many D1 veterans did not pick the gun that was obviously a remake of the single most popular handcannon in all of destiny.

Tbf the perk description on Graviton makes it sound way better than it is in practice

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The firefly effect on it would be way more useful if it didn't kick enemies back 10 feet before blowing them up. Using it on Titan is hilarious because half the guys you shoot explode harmlessly after flying over the railing.

At least the visual effect is cool.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Pretty much. And the sound it makes is incredibly annoying with headphones.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I had a bit of lag during a public event.

I knew something was up when the event started and the only enemy I could see was the boss servitor. There were pikes moving around with no driver, players shooting empty air and getting killed.

Then there was the part where servitor corpses floated into the sky and my AR did the exact same damage no matter what distance I was from the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd4seXgCcS4

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Tier one operator guns for PvE:

Nameless Midnight Scout
Sunshot

(That was my raid loadout)

Lol same, with a Main Ingredient in Power. poo poo dominated.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I haven't gotten to play this as much as I'd like only light level 115. But drat is this game pretty.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Maybe if you idiots had played the character with the highest skill ceiling aka Arcstrider during the beta you would have already known that Sunshot is indeed good and fun.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Which one is the best subclass for the mage? The fire flying one, the psychic purple one, or the other one? For PvE or PvP.

I kinda suck at using abilities. Should I just reroll a buff guy, is that easier to play if you just want to shoot people with your gun?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Sir this is Destiny.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

patonthebach posted:

Which one is the best subclass for the mage? The fire flying one, the psychic purple one, or the other one? For PvE or PvP.

I kinda suck at using abilities. Should I just reroll a buff guy, is that easier to play if you just want to shoot people with your gun?

Sith Lord is always the correct choice.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Things I like about Destiny 2.
  • When you wipe in a nightfall, you don't have to start completely over.
  • A single legendary gun will be the same, no more RNG on scopes or gun perks.
  • When you infuse an item to increase light level (it'll always be light level to me), it increases to that level and not some arbitrary random number below items level.
  • It's easier to infuse items, blues cost 4 shards and legendaries cost 1 shard to infuse.
  • Changing the perks on armor to better align with your build seems fairly easy, even if the mods might be hard to find(I have to wonder if there will be exotic mods that give like +10Def/Atk).

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 14, 2017

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Cinara posted:

Sith Lord is always the correct choice.

Sith lord buddy turrets are easily my favorite feature of that sub-class. Voidlock has a way cooler ult.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Mango Polo posted:

On my first character I picked Graviton Lance. And it sucks.

On my second character I picked Riskrunner. And god that thing can't aim for poo poo.

Now inregret not picking Sunshot:(

Riskrunner is awesome actually for close combat and wiping out trash mobs

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

d3lness posted:

Sith lord buddy turrets are easily my favorite feature of that sub-class. Voidlock has a way cooler ult.

they actually do a decent job at popping shields too

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

super macho dude posted:

Riskrunner is awesome actually for close combat and wiping out trash mobs

Yeah it's amazing when facing arc enemies. The chain lighting triggers very often.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol how did they let Devour + Insatiable ship, this is so busted in PvE. Literally tankier than a Titan in melee range, and by the time it runs out you usually have another charge ready to go, or very close.

Also, is there a reason I see so many Hunters in PvP? I guess Golden Gun is a pretty good super in 4v4, but it doesn't seem as good as the Warlock's. Is it just because Hunters look cool or is there something about them that makes them better suited to PvP?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
What's the best way to get 270+ gear? I feel super stuck around that level and the game is boring as hell now that 90% of the content gives me loot 10 levels below the stuff I already have.
The raid sounds like a huge pain in the rear end too, especially seen as I don't have 5 other people who give a poo poo enough to slog through it.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Finally got a Better Devils :allears:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol how did they let Devour + Insatiable ship, this is so busted in PvE. Literally tankier than a Titan in melee range, and by the time it runs out you usually have another charge ready to go, or very close.

Also, is there a reason I see so many Hunters in PvP? I guess Golden Gun is a pretty good super in 4v4, but it doesn't seem as good as the Warlock's. Is it just because Hunters look cool or is there something about them that makes them better suited to PvP?

Hunter was the class of choice for tryhards in D1.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hold over from D1 where they were the dominant class in PvP until Titan was inexplicably buffed

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't really think titans were 'inexplicably buffed'. they were really bad for most of early destiny.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

What's the best way to get 270+ gear? I feel super stuck around that level and the game is boring as hell now that 90% of the content gives me loot 10 levels below the stuff I already have.
The raid sounds like a huge pain in the rear end too, especially seen as I don't have 5 other people who give a poo poo enough to slog through it.

270+ is basically end game. You've got the weekly stuff- shaxx's crucible thing, nightfall, raid, clan stuff. Or you grind public events or whatever looking for exotics. But that's it, you don't progress through 'normal' play any more really.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Rick_Hunter posted:

https://i.imgur.com/TdWeBpg.gifv

Oh wait you said boss killer not boss kicker.

Oh, wow. Yeah I guess I did forget about the push.

Apparently what I'm doing with my night is shooting skeet on Titan and Nessus.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Rick_Hunter posted:

The gently caress are you talking about? Dubious Volley is a great elite/boss killer.

https://i.imgur.com/cbDRMOH.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/N2NHpd3.gifv

Great username and post combo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Can you only get "powerful" gear on one character per week from milestones? Just realized on my alt that they say "legendary" instead, though I'm not level 20 yet so I'm not sure if they update at some point or what.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Gotta be 20, you get the weekly drops on a per-character basis rather than per-account.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Always nice to bump into SA goons in the wild

:eyepop:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Calaveron posted:

Wardcliff coil I think

Got that from Hawthorne's welfare packages. It's a fun gun.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

QuasiQuack posted:

Finally got a Better Devils :allears:

Better Devils + Sunshot + Lucky Pants. Always be switching. Joy.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
slayerage, worlds first leviathan raid, was using Wardcliff Coil to try and solo this weeks nightfall. Clearing out groups of enemies with it. It worked really well for that.

I've got it and like it for clearing groups of enemies as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Do people really hate the warlock jumps that much? I’m admittedly garbo with the blink one but the others are just so good. Reddit is filled with comments being like “DAE lel when warlocks gently caress up jumping puzzles”