Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I just went on telly saying ICOs are trash too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

28% down :eyepop:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Spatial posted:

Bitcoin has dropped 25% in the last week lol.

Wasn't there someone in here who bought in at 5000? Hope they were just kidding.

Yeah more like today lol

My trapped nicehash balance keeps going down. I probably lost $30 or $40 by the time it deposits tomorrow. Do you have any idea what kind of burrito that could have been

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1gnoirents posted:

Yeah more like today lol

My trapped nicehash balance keeps going down. I probably lost $30 or $40 by the time it deposits tomorrow. Do you have any idea what kind of burrito that could have been

Sorry for your loss.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sorry for your loss.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RIP

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

that just looks gross. Is that deli meat on the left side or is it just way too much tortilla folded in on itself?

I hope you've all been buying quality burritos and not trash garbage burritos like this one

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that is one badly made burrito oh my goodness.

is this what bitcoin hath wrought? truly, we flew too close to the sun.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spatial posted:

Bitcoin has dropped 25% in the last week lol.

Wasn't there someone in here who bought in at 5000? Hope they were just kidding.

wouldnt it have had to be $5000 at one point for it to be true? Im pretty sure it was at 3k they bought in at. They would be ok if they had sold at 4k like a sane person, but we know they didnt

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Well, 4970 is close enough...

Maybe I read that on the reddit while laugh-trawling though. There are some posts in there right now lamenting buying in at 4.2K.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
time to buy in now, glad i waited

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

well why not posted:

is there a non-mining crypto thread anywhere on SA? for market chat etc
There's also a thread in GBS but the YOSPOS thread is superior.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

:barf:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Yall just dont recognize class and subtle fine living

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

1gnoirents posted:

Yall just dont recognize class and subtle fine living

Maybe should've posted a photo of the burrito before you puked it out

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
man i remember when san francisco was a place where you could go to a really sketchy cheap part of town and get the most amazing burrito you've ever had

now it's a plastic hell overrun with rich assholes and the only burritos left in the mission are artisinally handcrafted by some white motherfucker with a lumberjack beard and a hitler youth haircut. bitcoin is partially to blame for this. bitcoin murdered the burrito.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

man i remember when san francisco was a place where you could go to a really sketchy cheap part of town and get the most amazing burrito you've ever had

now it's a plastic hell overrun with rich assholes and the only burritos left in the mission are artisinally handcrafted by some white motherfucker with a lumberjack beard and a hitler youth haircut. bitcoin is partially to blame for this. bitcoin murdered the burrito.

the mission district still hosts some of the greatest burritos around and are authentic as gently caress, you just need to go to the place with the grizzled Mexican guys in the window and not the fusion cafe down the road

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if the place starts with a lowercase "the" or is one word stay from their lovely burritos

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
there is a super legit taqueria in town, their fish tacos with guac are to die for and their barbacoa tacos are pretty amazing too.

they need to put together a taco truck or something because i'm tired of the taco-truck with lovely white-person tacos

bet they don't take internet fun-money tho

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

this is exactly what i needed and wanted

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
*crypto nerd voice* hipsters ruined SF!!
*hikes up cargo pants, waddles back to computer job*

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 15, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Dropped another 10% since I last looked yesterday. :eyepop:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It was bumping against 5k less than 14 days ago. Now it's bouncing around 3100 on some exchanges.

The current conspiracy theory is that China is doing this so BTC bottoms out, for them to buy low and then re-invest. It's not a flawless theory.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does the lowered nicehash return mean an actual decrease in the BTC given or just how much it's worth? I got into (ie just started, 3x 1070 arrived today) mining to stockpile various coins and sit on them for years in case any of them increase stupidly again, if I still get the same amount of bitcoin then that's fine. Not worried about ROI timeframe, if it all goes tits up then I still have a sweet gfx upgrade for mine and some friends PCs.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Gym Leader Barack posted:

Does the lowered nicehash return mean an actual decrease in the BTC given or just how much it's worth? I got into (ie just started, 3x 1070 arrived today) mining to stockpile various coins and sit on them for years in case any of them increase stupidly again, if I still get the same amount of bitcoin then that's fine. Not worried about ROI timeframe, if it all goes tits up then I still have a sweet gfx upgrade for mine and some friends PCs.

Thank your for your service to NVDA and AMD stocks

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Gym Leader Barack posted:

Well it comes out to "whatever people are willing to pay for your time" which was actually a fairly constant figure (at least moreso than the value of bitcoin), so in fact the lower the bitcoin price the more you received as payment since your time was "worth" the same in dollar amount. However, at this moment, the nicehash payout is dogshit due to the sudden BTC/ETH downturn. Expect the BTC payout to increase in raw quantity though once it levels out once everything adjusts, which would be what youre asking for, but also expect that adjustment to take at least a week or two.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

well why not posted:

It was bumping against 5k less than 14 days ago. Now it's bouncing around 3100 on some exchanges.

The current conspiracy theory is that China is doing this so BTC bottoms out, for them to buy low and then re-invest. It's not a flawless theory.

But China(the government) isn't a fan of Bitcoin as it is mainly used to move Renminbi out of the country. So... huh?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Peachfart posted:

But China(the government) isn't a fan of Bitcoin as it is mainly used to move Renminbi out of the country. So... huh?

Like I said, not flawless.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

QuarkJets posted:

the mission district still hosts some of the greatest burritos around and are authentic as gently caress, you just need to go to the place with the grizzled Mexican guys in the window and not the fusion cafe down the road

Literally everyone I know in that town has been priced out or straight up evicted, so i'll have to take your word for it.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The reason you're losing P0 states for compute is intentional. Nvidia doesn't want their consumer cards competing too heavily with their Quadros and Teslas. I trashed a Windows installation many times trying to hack on the drivers to work around that limitation. It came back as a driver level setting for a little while, but it almost seemed like a mistake or something they overlooked for use in testing because it wasn't noted in change logs when it came back and they quietly removed it without noting it either. One of those bitcoin people needs to figure out an exploit to get around Pascal's bios protection and I'll make a bios for it that works around the P0/P2 state limitation at the firmware level. For a while I was hoping by being really public about the stuff you can do with modding Maxwell bioses I might get someone from the bitcoin scene interested in cracking Pascal, but nothing came of it. All of the normal overclocking and hardware enthusiast people have already given up trying to crack it.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Spatial posted:

Dropped another 10% since I last looked yesterday. :eyepop:

It's going back up, to the moon!

It would be really unhealthy being one of those /r/bitcoin types who actually stresses out about the price on a daily basis, the volatility of this poo poo makes the stock market look stable in comparison.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
for maximum hilarity the Chinese should just let Sept 30 come and go without doing anything at all just to watch everything bounce around like crazy

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This is my body, this is my blood

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it dipped below 3k briefly this morning which was my planned buy in point but then shot back up to 3.8k before I could even react. What a stable long term investment bitcoin is.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Chinese government adopts dogecoin

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nitro indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Waited a bit too long to flip it on eBay.

• Locked thread