Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I Like that PotP Prime. Not as much as the God Ginrai one but I don't have any Optimuses in my collection.

Edit: Seeing as I got the page snype: I will own the entire Dinobot PotP set, they look amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The thing about the PotP Prime is that while I'm not fussed about the big guy, I really love that Orion Pax.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

The thing about the PotP Prime is that while I'm not fussed about the big guy, I really love that Orion Pax.

He does look great, better than the Kup repaint. I decided that despite terrible reviews and it being unlikely to ever see an MP Ginrai, I want the PE upgrades for Magnus Prime. One of my trusted Ebay sellers had the core Ginrai figure for $5 over retail shipped so I grabbed that up. I preordered the weapon and upgrade kit and yes I know Godbomber blows but I need to that now so I can have the full figure upgrade.

I also put Hades together for the first time

Combined mode is okayish, not as floppy as people have reported. I'm probably going to end up displaying them in individual bot modes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I thought Magnus Prime was slightly retooled so you can't even put the Godbomber leg parts on him?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, that's an assembly error lacking the parts needed to combine, affecting an amount of, but not all, samples of the toy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He'll buy a fourth party add on kit to add the tabs.

Hades looks pretty decent there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

He'll buy a fourth party add on kit to add the tabs.

Hades looks pretty decent there.

His legs like to slip out of the A-stance so I have them propped in between the pegs that lock the display plates together.

Blackheart posted:

I thought Magnus Prime was slightly retooled so you can't even put the Godbomber leg parts on him?

He's the same mold as the Takars, just a slightly cheaper plastic. Otherwise identical. Godbomber is $85+ so that can wait for now but I'll probably do it soon as I expect the price will continue to climb.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah I assumed it was the exact same then saw some pictures of it lacking the parts but like TFR said it was apparently an assembly error.

A bit unrelated but I just read that Harmony Gold can only keep milking the Macross rights 'till 2021 or so.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

He's the same mold as the Takars, just slightly cheaper plastic

citation needed on the plastic

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

citation needed on the plastic
I'm give you a guess: After meticulous verification data was pulled from Their rear end laboratories, the leading source of all transformers materials testing and tfw2005 posts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People who own both have done side by side on TFW, I'll find it when I get home.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Well while I'm waiting to buy those PotP Dinobots I ordered the SE yellow Rally version of Taerraigis Trailbreaker etc.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Been rewatching Beast Wars. Goddamn that opening theme was seared into my brain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CHINESIUM

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
TR Legends Brawn is one hell of a figure, hot drat

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

TR Legends Brawn is one hell of a figure, hot drat

Yeah he's super fun and simple. I transform many times during the day at work. He just hits all the main points you want.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

TheDK posted:

Yeah he's super fun and simple. I transform many times during the day at work. He just hits all the main points you want.
  • Is a robot.
  • Is also something else.

Mission accomplished. :awesomelon:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Finally found a TLK Voyager Megatron. That is indeed a pretty great bit of plastic right there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope voyager toys having ankle tilt is going to be a thing from now on. TLK Megatron, Scorn and Hound all have them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The KUP version is incredible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of TLK megs this is a pretty impressive custom using that mold.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of TLK megs this is a pretty impressive custom using that mold.

drat that is slick

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Rhyno, you know the OSKO dark arts, do you think Wei Jiang (or whoever are doing them) will get up to Perceptor in the TR line?

I vastly prefer the original Generations Brainstorm, but he towers over Perceptor, and I want my science bros to be roughly similar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Rhyno, you know the OSKO dark arts, do you think Wei Jiang (or whoever are doing them) will get up to Perceptor in the TR line?

I vastly prefer the original Generations Brainstorm, but he towers over Perceptor, and I want my science bros to be roughly similar.

I really hope so. WJ seems to start a KO OS line and then it sort of fizzles out. Their RID line hasn't had a new bot in a year and the CW and TR stuff is trickling out super slow. I am hopeful that the TRs are so successful that they keep on rolling with them but we haven't seen a new bot teased since April.

More KO chat, if you like the KO'd GT Devastator the limbs are super cheap right now from a trusted AE seller. $10.59 shipped each.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pre...ea-c085254f17d8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I really hope so. WJ seems to start a KO OS line and then it sort of fizzles out. Their RID line hasn't had a new bot in a year and the CW and TR stuff is trickling out super slow. I am hopeful that the TRs are so successful that they keep on rolling with them but we haven't seen a new bot teased since April.

More KO chat, if you like the KO'd GT Devastator the limbs are super cheap right now from a trusted AE seller. $10.59 shipped each.
Never used AE before. Does it need to be ordered via that language page, or is there any english version of their storefront?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Never used AE before. Does it need to be ordered via that language page, or is there any english version of their storefront?

That is in English

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone made a decent (and decently-priced) KO of Dia-Battles? I love the design, but I can't pay $160 for a Voyager-sized robot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Huh, clicking it takes me to de.aliexpress.com. Weird.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Finally had the chance to sit down, pop open, and sticker up my Trypticon. Took me about two and a half hours and I lost a couple tiny inconsequential ones to tearing because they're crazy thin foil stickers, and I didn't put the stickers over the eyes for obvious reasons, but so worth it. The thing looks incredible and I love the spaceship mode even more in person. It just clips together so well. I can't wait til I have real display space to put him on. Thankfully you can easily slide his legs back off and repackage him no problem.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

That seller is trusted by the various forums, I've bought from them there and on their eBay store.

My last purchase for Sept is probably MMCs new Megatron. Just waiting for some in hand reviews before I pull the trigger.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Invictus posted:

The website sometimes picks the wrong language based on ¿ancient cookies? Mine usually chooses Dutch.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Rhyno posted:

How's the build quality on those?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also where the rest at

I got burned on machineboy never doing Onslaught so I'm loathe to buy another piecemeal combiner

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Build quality is roughly on par with CW Devestator.

Also the MB Onslaught dropped a few weeks back. I'll pick one up when the price plummets like the limbs did.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Build quality is roughly on par with CW Devestator.

Also the MB Onslaught dropped a few weeks back. I'll pick one up when the price plummets like the limbs did.

Tried searching but the rest of the limbs don't seem to be showing up. Where'd you find them at?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Tried searching but the rest of the limbs don't seem to be showing up. Where'd you find them at?

For which bot? The MB Bruticus or the NBK Devastator?

Edit: The other NBK's are just now up for preorder.

https://tf-direct.com/nbk-05-dump-truck-tf-ingineering_p1960.html
https://tf-direct.com/nbk-04-mixer-truck-tf-ingineering_p1959.html

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 19, 2017

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

For which bot? The MB Bruticus or the NBK Devastator?

Edit: The other NBK's are just now up for preorder.

https://tf-direct.com/nbk-05-dump-truck-tf-ingineering_p1960.html
https://tf-direct.com/nbk-04-mixer-truck-tf-ingineering_p1959.html

Are those the Gravity Builder bots you said were on clearance at AliExpress?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I'm so drat confused, I hope so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Are those the Gravity Builder bots you said were on clearance at AliExpress?

These are the ones they haven't released yet. There are three out so far, those are what I linked on AE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DOUBLE POSTIN'

TR Arcee goes up for sale tomorrow on HST with a limit 2 per household. I'll be awake at midnight to check if it's gone live and again at 8am but who knows when they will put them up. I'm gonna try and order two so if somebody here needs one I hope to have a spare but I want to put the call out for anyone else to try and score two in the case that I can't get back to a pc when it is up for sale. Let's help each other out!