Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Queering Wheel posted:

WWE will never seriously push him because he looks like a trashy hillbilly.

(they will also never consider that they themselves gave him that look and gimmick)

That's been his look for a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DeathChicken posted:

Now I'm remembering how great that last sequence in the Bray title win was, with Bray pinning Cena clean and Styles (as the last one left with Bray) shooting this amazing "Oh hell no" expression. They did a wonderful job pushing Bray as a monster for like five minutes

Around 48 hours. Remember, Bray retained his title by pinning Cena clean in a triple threat with AJ AFTER a beatdown from Luke Harper.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 13, 2017

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

shiksa posted:

its baffling how many times luke harper gets even a whiff of a push and everyone is super into it and it gets yanked away

what the gently caress just LISTEN, he connects with a crowd almost effortlessly with no help from creative.

Actually, you want Sheamus.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, Observer's up and wow, the supposed name for the ROH crew in NXT is... uh... something.

EDIT: Didn't realise it had been already used on TV. Been way busy the last few days so haven't watched NXT.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 14, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That's been his look for a decade

I'm not saying it isn't true that his look holds him back, but its not as though their big stars have always looked particularly clean-cut or conventionally attractive. Stone Cold was the 'bionic redneck' and marched around in jorts flipping the bird and drinking beer. Jeans+Tank Top isn't really a drop from that, and his shirt isn't the filthiest object on the planet anymore. Maybe he's a bit too hairy, though...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT Spoilers:

- TM61 def. Blake and Cutler in a dark match

- Regal announces that the women's title will be decided in a fatal 4 way in Houston, Kairi has 1 spot, other 3 decided tonight

- Lars Sullivan def. Oney Lorcan

- Danny Burch saves Oney Lorcan from further beat down from Lars Sullivan

- Heavy Machinery def. Demetrius Bronson and some guy with Scott on his trunks.

- Liv Morgan def. Vanessa Borne

- Kassius Ohno def. Fabian Aichner

- Adam Cole def. EY with a flying knee

- Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross def. Billie Kay and Peyton Royce

- Alister Black vs Lio Rush went to a No Contest as Velveteen Dream attacked Lio before the match started.

- Kairi Sane def. Aliyah

- Drew McIntyre def. Roderick Strong and retains the NXT Title

- Undisputed with a little chat to Roddy after the match

- Peyton Royce def. Liv Morgan and Nikki Cross and has qualified for the NXT Women's Title match at Takeover: Houston

- Velveteen Dream def. Lio Rush

- Lars Sullivan def. Danny Burch

- Street Profits def. 2 Jobbers

- Andrade Cien Almas def. Johnny Gargano

- Ember Moon def. Sonya Deville and Ruby Riot to qualify for the NXT Women's Title match at Takeover: Houston

- Aleister Black def. Raul Mendoza

- Kassius Ohno def. Cezar Bononi

- TUE vs Sanity ends in a DQ after the Authors of Pain return, causing a DQ. Sanity is beat down afterwards. TUE runs away. End of tapings.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 15, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cole's faction name is a bigger rib than initially realised.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/908471854754648064

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
WWE and Vince: "Hey...we're so lazy and insecure we need to keep a lid and control over what can make us money and stars that hit big cause we suck they'll leave us for better."

Someone: "So why not just constantly develop awesome stories/product, get a pulse on culture, and make the company a better place to be for employees and if they leave it doesn't matter because we'll produce the next big thing and don't need to rely on one specific star?"

WWE and Vince: :mediocre:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So, Liv's eating the pin in the 4-way at Takeover?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lmao

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/908479084723933186
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/908479439293607942
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/908479972095836161

the heat

rovert posted:

Cole's faction name is a bigger rib than initially realised.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/908471854754648064

idgi

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I mean, at least they're actually giving Rush a feud off the bat instead of just squashing geeks with no end game, but this is ... an inauspicious start.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

I mean, at least they're actually giving Rush a feud off the bat instead of just squashing geeks with no end game, but this is ... an inauspicious start.

No they're not. Velveteen Dream is feuding with Black.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's actually a fairly clever way to get heat on Velveteen Dream, robbing us of another Good-rear end Aleister Black Match, but uh, it doesn't do great things for ol' Lio.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

So the stable name is Undisputed? I thought it was supposed to be INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE and/or AN EPIC RIB ? so what don't i know?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dromal phrenia posted:

So the stable name is Undisputed? I thought it was supposed to be INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE and/or AN EPIC RIB ? so what don't i know?

Undisputed would be pretty cool. The Undisputed Era is pretty unwieldy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tuesday

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

That's actually a fairly clever way to get heat on Velveteen Dream, robbing us of another Good-rear end Aleister Black Match, but uh, it doesn't do great things for ol' Lio.
Kind of funny considering Lio and Dream were a tag team for a bit in the Indies

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Is there more explanation? I get the The Undisputed Era TUEsday connection but what about Tuesday?

vvv Ah, that makes sense. Thanks dude!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Testosterone Use Exemption

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Idgi still.

Epic rib I guess

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Idgi still.

Epic rib I guess

insider term

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/908503878794186752
Apparently it was just as good as the first match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I don't love the DIY shirt being a thing again, but if the match is great then whenever it airs I probably won't even have it in me to complain

I really want Cien to get a proper push and I hope they don't try to keep this feud going till the next TakeOver just to have Gargano go over but I'm guessing that's what happens

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
how are we not talking about the new member of THE UNDISPUTED ERA?

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Idgi still.

Epic rib I guess

TUE stands for Therapeutic Use Exemption, which is a term anti-doping agencies use to describe the use of otherwise banned substances (such as performance enhancing drugs) when overseen/recommended by a health professional.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So wait...

Are they called "Undisputed" and "the Undisputed era" is a catchphrase or are they actually TUE?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Aphrodite posted:

So wait...

Are they called "Undisputed" and "the Undisputed era" is a catchphrase or are they actually TUE?

I think/hope they're "Undisputed" and not TUE. Fish was yelling "Undisputed" at the close of last night's show, not the full title.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Capsaicin posted:

I think/hope they're "Undisputed" and not TUE. Fish was yelling "Undisputed" at the close of last night's show, not the full title.

So The Undisputed Era is just a lovely t-shirt slogan, not the actual group name.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So The Undisputed Era is just a lovely t-shirt slogan, not the actual group name.

They are called The Undisputed Era. Sorry to burst your bubble. TUE is just the shorthand way of writing it.

(credits to Jacob Cohen on twitter for those pictures)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TUE feels like a really weird and clunky name so I wouldn't be surprised if it just evolves into "Undisputed".

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh so the rib is that TUE means a steroid thing? who is that a rib on?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh. Welp.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

oh so the rib is that TUE means a steroid thing? who is that a rib on?

It's literally a rib that works for one specific line in a Cole promo, apparently.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bad name

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The Undisputed McMahon-Helmsley Era

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

clearly the nxt writers are shooting hard on the MAHARAJA

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:agreed:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
When is Skip Bayless coming to WWE as a heel manager

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet on his podcast this week reported that the current plan is to do New Day vs the Usos inside Hell in a Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Midnightghoul posted:

When is Skip Bayless coming to WWE as a heel manager

gently caress it, he should be GM/Analyst or "Hostile Takeover Owner"

I just don't know if he should be counter to Vince or full on fanboy hate magnet. "Sorry, Braun, you're at the back of the bus. The fans want Vanilla midgets so we're going to see James Ellsworth vs Brock for Vesslemania."