Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/908451004089331712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

corn on the cop posted:

for the analytics goons, corsica tentatively relaunching september 30th

Yay

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Matt Zerella posted:

Not bad. I hope Zucc gets an A on his jersey this year.

Speakin' of Ayyy and Jersey, what's the latest on Tony D?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zodijackylite posted:

He’s doing an amazing job and is being recognized more and more.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

for the analytics goons, corsica tentatively relaunching september 30th

whoo. i've found a lot of other neat sites with the loss of corsica but it was the easiest and most functional and had a fuckin ton of data

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Zodijackylite posted:

If I get off my rear end I need to make an av with him tussling with the ref and the something like "eyyyy ref yous fuckin' blind or summin? Cmonnnnn"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

In case you missed it, Franson is on a PTO with the Hawks (as rumoured months ago) and Polak with the Leafs.

If I had to choose I think I'd rather have Franson back.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Levitate posted:

If I get off my rear end I need to make an av with him tussling with the ref and the something like "eyyyy ref yous fuckin' blind or summin? Cmonnnnn"

I'm going to be due for a new avatar within a year, but it's gonna need to be in a Rangers jersey.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Leafs are going to win 10 Cups through the power of friendship
https://twitter.com/kristen_shilton/status/908486667702558721

They're precious and I must protect them all.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Ending up with the (hot) potato is a bad thing tho

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Can't wait for the media to eat them alive for not being competitive.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I can't wait for the hot takes to start coming out if the Leafs miss the playoffs this season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Drunk Canuck posted:

Is the Leafs GM more competent than a Potato?

Ask Liam Gallagher to find out

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

those three getting run out of town by the media is gonna rule

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

yellowcar posted:

those three getting run out of town by the media is gonna rule

I wonder how much they're gonna be paying these guys to win cups in pittsburgh.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/908520170292781056

:rip:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Drunk Canuck posted:

But can they spell potato? Like, if they were trying to guess letters in a certain pen and paper game...

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

You leave my potato-eating sons alone!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

sports organizations are such petty pieces of poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Alright, god damnit, The Athletic sucked me in with their 30% off promotion and the teaser for that article recapping the Summer of 2012. Here's hopin' Porty has somebody to edit his articles this time around and he gives us some stuff he might not have at The Dispatch.

e- It took (checks watch) 11 minutes to feel like it was money well spent. That story was good as hell.

e2- Hooooooooooly gently caress, that story about how OSU has squandered chances at basically every Central Ohio kid who eventually went on to the NHL and how Miami started a "Columbus Line" against OSU at the Schott. :tviv:

Levitate posted:

sports organizations are such petty pieces of poo poo

I, for one, look forward to the Olympic rosters featuring guys like....ooh...uhh...hmm...yeah...

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 15, 2017

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Can somebody tell Joe Sakic that NHL GMs don't get the summers off too

https://twitter.com/adater/status/908356300635025408

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Why didnDuchene want to be traded anyways

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Dirty Burger posted:

Can somebody tell Joe Sakic that NHL GMs don't get the summers off too

https://twitter.com/adater/status/908356300635025408

Yiiiiiikes

That's awful.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

eXXon posted:

In case you missed it, Franson is on a PTO with the Hawks (as rumoured months ago) and Polak with the Leafs.

If I had to choose I think I'd rather have Franson back.

I'd take Franson over one legged no offense dumb penalty machine Roman Polak any day of the week.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Technetium posted:

I'd take Franson over one legged no offense dumb penalty machine Roman Polak any day of the week.

Can't wait to watch Polak get first pair minutes again because Mike Babcock has to make one mystifying selection.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

CBJSprague24 posted:

I, for one, look forward to the Olympic rosters featuring guys like....ooh...uhh...hmm...yeah...

save us jaromir

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Drunk Canuck posted:

So, like, sports journalist is a career right?

They do this for money?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
If "Who's getting the potato?" isn't GDT title for Game 1 of SCF I am uninstalling somethingawful

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Drunk Canuck posted:

The Potato Boys are cool and good.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I read those last few paragraphs twice, convinced I'd missed the part where he said he fully intended to go play for his country and face whatever consequences awaited him when he got back.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Levitate posted:

Why didnDuchene want to be traded anyways

8 career playoff games in his 8 years in the league and the team just had the worst season in modern history and aren't getting any better. I'd want out too.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Schlesische posted:

Can't wait to watch Polak get first pair minutes again because Mike Babcock has to make one mystifying selection.

No they have Ron Hainsey for that now!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm surprised no one has traded for Duchene even considering that Sakic is probably asking for too much. A team like Carolina could really use him and probably has the pieces to get a deal done too.

Also how much does it suck to be Duchene? Playing for your favorite childhood team and having things turn out like this.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
hahaha share the potato

i feel like that is kind of an allegory for contemporary american politics

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm surprised no one has traded for Duchene even considering that Sakic is probably asking for too much. A team like Carolina could really use him and probably has the pieces to get a deal done too.

Also how much does it suck to be Duchene? Playing for your favorite childhood team and having things turn out like this.

Sakic is asking for far too much. He basically needs an enormous haul of a trade to save his own job.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

DJExile posted:

Sakic is asking for far too much. He basically needs an enormous haul of a trade to save his own job.

And he's not gonna get it for a guy that scored 41 points last year with a 6m price tag

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

A Typical Goon posted:

And he's not gonna get it for a guy that scored 41 points last year with a 6m price tag

He'll get a roster player and a first round pick/top prospect I would imagine though. Duchene scored 30 the year before the nightmare season and has hovered around 60ish points a season his whole career with a couple jumps to the 70+ range. He's not an all-star, but if Hero charts are anything to go by he's a solid #1 C. I wouldn't build a franchise around him, but for a team like Nashville or Edmonton who are looking to contend for the foreseeable future he'd be a massive improvement over their current 2nd line centres.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Tom Kostopolous for Team Canada

Matt Murley for team USA. Too bad Andy Chiodo just retired, we could have a real Wilkes-Barre party there

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

A Typical Goon posted:

ryan strome for duchene e5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Tom Kostopolous for Team Canada

I'm most excited for Team Korea led by noted national team members Alex Plante and Matthew Dalton.

• Locked thread