Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
speaking of timmy

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/908541951036809216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rename G1C Kings Landing imo

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
If the Lakers end up bad will Lavar start trashing Luke?

Luke's pretty drat smart and will probably use Lonzo well. Plus they have no one else that can initiate the offense really.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spite posted:

If the Lakers end up bad will Lavar start trashing Luke?

Luke's pretty drat smart and will probably use Lonzo well. Plus they have no one else that can initiate the offense really.

Given the front office changes and current personnel I would not be surprised if Byron Scott was the coach next year

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is Gordon Hayward really that big a nerd

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

verbal enema posted:

He's a jock.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

verbal enema posted:

Huge nerd.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Rudy Gobert and George Hill used to constantly give him swirlies and stuff him in his locker which is why he left Utah.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

The Wild made it though

Dang, I knew doing no research would come back to bite me in the rear end.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

[quote="Redgrendel2001" post="476404266"]
Kings got one thing right.

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/908405089387212800

The eye should be purple.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jay-Z was a trendsetter and in ten years all teams' colors will be solid black just like how in the 90s they were all weird shades of teal.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shear Modulus posted:

Jay-Z was a trendsetter and in ten years all teams' colors will be solid black just like how in the 90s they were all weird shades of teal.

Denim and black unofrm

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

this just makes me think timmy has ascended into a being of pure light

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm sure he'll have no problem finding clan members in OKC

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm sure he'll have no problem finding clan members in OKC

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/908674462035390464

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good news for the sixers .

Also a win for Silver I guess . He's "done something " about tanking .

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

euphronius posted:

Good news for the sixers .

Also a win for Silver I guess . He's "done something " about tanking .

He's still a corrupt, deceitful POS who should be fed to sharks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Maybe

Colangelo is doing a good job so his mob style murder of hinkie might turn out ok

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Adam Silver? Why do you say that? He avoided a lockout, banned Sterling for life, has a good relationship with the Players Union, and has sat on a float in the pride parade. He is the best commissioner in pro sports by a mile, and even above those low standards seems like a decent guy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Philly fans salty he fired hinkie still.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, Schwarzeleonard rolls off the tongue way better

Well considering Schwarz is German for "black" it's sorta the same problem.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Pray that the robust union of Currently Tanking Teams remains unbroken

The Bulls are gonna be real bad for a real long time...don't need this reform nonsense right now

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/908684636443643904

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/908696525118873600

The NBA should just ignore the pretend issues that people talk about to fill cable TV time, imo

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
If they're going to address it at all that's probably the best/only solution, basically they can pop Pop when he pulls poo poo and let the edge cases slide

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The resting players thing isn't the problem, I don't think they are trying to get teams to stop doing that. It's resting multiple players at once because it's better to throw a single game than string along the rest across multiple games. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with essentially deciding to lose a game for competitive advantage. But didn't the commissioner already fine teams for this?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
With how they have the schedule set up there is no excuses to rest players, outside of injury, for national games.

I'm pretty sure they made sure any team doing a national game has at least a day off before the game.

The NBA doesn't care much about resting players except in situations where their national broadcast partners(ABC/ESPN, and Turner) throw a fit.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lockback posted:

Adam Silver? Why do you say that? He avoided a lockout, banned Sterling for life, has a good relationship with the Players Union, and has sat on a float in the pride parade. He is the best commissioner in pro sports by a mile, and even above those low standards seems like a decent guy.

euphronius posted:

Philly fans salty he fired hinkie still.

The backstabbing of Sam Hinkie by the cowardly and deceitful Silver is on par with Stern negating the Chris Paul trade; I don't care if Silver cures cancer, I hope an army of birds uses his dome for fecal target practice.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Stern did what any good owner would

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Sic semper tyrannis

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Metapod posted:

Stern did what any good owner would

Professionally castrate and publicly embarrass Dell Demps and then years later put all the blame for the situation on Mitch Kupchak?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Lockback posted:

The resting players thing isn't the problem, I don't think they are trying to get teams to stop doing that. It's resting multiple players at once because it's better to throw a single game than string along the rest across multiple games. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with essentially deciding to lose a game for competitive advantage. But didn't the commissioner already fine teams for this?

Then do something to incentivize winning in the regular season rather than taking away team's autonomy. Shorten the regular season or contract the playoffs. I know they'll never do either of these things, but the league has made its bed here. Just another example of the NBA treating symptoms but not the disease.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 15, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dell Demps has proven he's not a good gm so he gets all the poo poo he deserves

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dexo posted:

With how they have the schedule set up there is no excuses to rest players, outside of injury, for national games.

I'm pretty sure they made sure any team doing a national game has at least a day off before the game.

The NBA doesn't care much about resting players except in situations where their national broadcast partners(ABC/ESPN, and Turner) throw a fit.

Yeah last season we had two weeks in a row where the showcase Saturday evening national broadcast was two top teams resting all their guys. That's not good when those TV deals are paying everyone. I doubt he ever needs to fine anyone, but it's good to at least not be so obvious about presenting a trash game to the broadcaster.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

General Dog posted:

Then do something to incentivize winning in the regular season rather than taking away team's autonomy. Shorten the regular season or contract the playoffs. I know they'll never do either of these things, but the league has made its bed here. Just another example of the NBA treating symptoms but not the disease.

The answer to a lot of NBA's problems is to shorten the regular season, but that ship has sailed (I'll repeat, the 66 game lockout season was the perfect number of games, just too condensed). I mean, even a little window dressing would solve the multiple resting problem. If you want to rest a bunch of guys, have them play 20 minutes instead of 35.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The Hornicans would have gotten Curry and Thompson for CP3 if Paul would agree to opt-in to the final year of his contract. He did not so they did not.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Professionally castrate and publicly embarrass Dell Demps and then years later put all the blame for the situation on Mitch Kupchak?

Demps deserved embarrassment if he accepted that trade and yes to the second part cause gently caress the Lakers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

General Dog posted:

Those are all things that would need to be bargained

I think the cba runs for another 4 years .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lool at the owners ever shorting a season.

• Locked thread