Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if they will now bring 4k stuff to itunes? itd be nice to have my itunes movies updated to 4k HDR instead of having to re-buy on vudu for $30 a piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

poty posted:

i checked the apple watch 3 tech specs and it doesnt have bluetooth 5 yet. this is a disaster

why would you put bluetooth 5 on the phone but not the accessory which needs it for 95% of its functionality. how can tim cook sleep at night

tim "the dongle man" cook

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

poty posted:

i checked the apple watch 3 tech specs and it doesnt have bluetooth 5 yet. this is a disaster

why would you put bluetooth 5 on the phone but not the accessory which needs it for 95% of its functionality. how can tim cook sleep at night

maybe because the changes in 5 for the LE spec don't impact usage in a meaningful way. hmm HMMMM 🤔

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

butttooth 5 spec is mostly a revision to compete against zigbee and other lovely IoT specs to allow for longer range and higher throughput mesh topologies so a bunch of stupid lightbulbs can be yelling to your phone at once an means about fuckall for your phone sitting 10 feet away from your watch

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hmm it sounds like you know what youre talking about there

otoh 5 is a bigger number than 4.2 so its better. i also read its lower energy

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

ur rite my bad

poty
Jun 21, 2008

if im going to spend 400 dollars on a watch i want it to have all the bluetooths not only some

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the timb:”my watch has ended” edition

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
touch disease aka boogers on the screen

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

time until a dick is used to unlock Face ID : 60 seconds after launch

edit: will Face ID recognize my penis whether in erect or flaccid state ?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zen death robot posted:

wait for the 4th watch

the watch 3...is the 4th watch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if my phone doesn't find a carrier i toggle airplane mode on and off and it usually works

my nexus 6p on Google Fi is always connected and has full bars. seems like your phone and carrier are pieces of poo poo lmfao

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dislike button posted:

i wonder if they will now bring 4k stuff to itunes? itd be nice to have my itunes movies updated to 4k HDR instead of having to re-buy on vudu for $30 a piece

i think they said they will, unless the movie purchases on apple tv dont count as itunes. also its $15-20 for a movie, it hink

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Smythe posted:

my nexus 6p on Google Fi is always connected and has full bars. seems like your phone and carrier are pieces of poo poo lmfao

It's too bad your 6P is working perfectly. Google warranty swapped my old one for a 128GB Pixel XL.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i think they said they will, unless the movie purchases on apple tv dont count as itunes. also its $15-20 for a movie, it hink

they said your existing purchases will be upgraded, lmao if that doesn’t include apple tv.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
if the SE was waterproof it would legit be the best phone ever made

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

time until a dick is used to unlock Face ID : 60 seconds after launch

edit: will Face ID recognize my penis whether in erect or flaccid state ?
/

Smythe posted:

close, it loses connected on the shitter at work. makes it hard for me to post!!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

if the SE was waterproof it would legit be the best phone ever made

it’s already is, that would just make it better

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

rumours of an improved SE with A10 went around back in August so I'm gonna hold off until March

ufarn
May 30, 2009
the se is the nokia 3210 of touchphones, i honestly don't need much else, and it's made for people with normal hands

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

ufarn posted:

the se is the nokia 3210 of touchphones, i honestly don't need much else, and it's made for people with normal hands

should have made the iphone x an se sized phone with a 4.7" display instead of an even bigger phone with a plus sized display

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bobby Digital posted:

they said your existing purchases will be upgraded, lmao if that doesn’t include apple tv.

they said it during the apple tv presentation so i assume thats what they meant. its just lame that itunes doesnt support 4k/hdr already. then again its itunes which is an immense pile of trash

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Dislike button posted:

they said it during the apple tv presentation so i assume thats what they meant. its just lame that itunes doesnt support 4k/hdr already. then again its itunes which is an immense pile of trash

dsyp

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a small, fat, pathetic phone with buttons in all the wrong places. remind you of something? heres a hint bitches: turn your monitors off to reveal the answer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Smythe posted:

a small, fat, pathetic phone with buttons in all the wrong places. remind you of something? heres a hint bitches: turn your monitors off to reveal the answer

yours runs on marshmallow and nougat. it has u poke a finger around back every time ur trying to get down to business

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
SURGICAL GRADE STEELE

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The last perfect iPhone was the iPhone SE. I’m not saying the iPhone SE is the best iPhone. I’m just saying it’s the last one that is perfect in design. No camera bump, no notch, perfect back, perfect front, perfect sides, every button feels nice and is well located. ↩︎
https://daringfireball.net/2017/09/iphone_x_event_thoughts_and_observations

also he hates the notch, as everyone should

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The last perfect iPhone was the iPhone SE. I’m not saying the iPhone SE is the best iPhone. I’m just saying it’s the last one that is perfect in design. No camera bump, no notch, perfect back, perfect front, perfect sides, every button feels nice and is well located. ↩︎
https://daringfireball.net/2017/09/iphone_x_event_thoughts_and_observations

also he hates the notch, as everyone should

that reads like the foreverially delitized picture

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what do they mean by the high power cores are 25% faster but the low power cores 70% faster? isn't that backwards? what don't i get

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
obv the management knows a thing or two about these processors

like how fast did u get these puppies running in an after work bet after a few beers? are they literally the best processeors
in the world

do they destroy i7s?

what's their downside?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

they mean compared to the A10 you dingus

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yes i know

but the high powered ones are a bit faster and the low powered ones a lot faster

wouldn't anyone expect that to be the other way around?? that the HIGH powered ones were A LOT FASTERv??

poty
Jun 21, 2008

echinopsis posted:

yes i know

but the high powered ones are a bit faster and the low powered ones a lot faster

wouldn't anyone expect that to be the other way around?? that the HIGH powered ones were A LOT FASTERv??

it is truly an unsolvable paradox

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
kinda LOL that they went AMD "MOAR CORES!!!" with the low power cores

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

echinopsis posted:

yes i know

a large % increase of a small number can still be smaller than a small % increase of a large number

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

also the A10 can only use either the high power or the low power cores, the A11 can use all six of its cores at the same time. that definitely helps boost the multi-core score a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

a large % increase of a small number can still be smaller than a small % increase of a large number

yes i get that but does no ones else see the paradox i see? like wouldn't it make sense if the low powered cores were 70% faster but then the high powered cores were at least 70% or more faster?? why not just have 6 of the faster ones? why have 2 extra cores that are for high powered situations, but they're only 25% faster than the old cores and not 70%

surely someone understand my confusion but also understands the reasoning and is willing to explain it?

• Locked thread