Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Well friends looks like we won't be getting the Portal mythril. Only cleared the first milestone recently :sigh:

Wow, don't people usually blow away the milestones almost instantly? What happened this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I think the issue is that A) you have to use the lovely Portal app, B) spend a lot more time with it than the little web-games, and C) the milestones are pretty huge.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

There's always a massive surge at the end of the month when the push notification points come in.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I think the issue is that A) you have to use the lovely Portal app, B) spend a lot more time with it than the little web-games, and C) the milestones are pretty huge.

D) S-E has probably been padding the numbers for all the Portal bonuses for months to make the mobile games look better and as of the last couple of months (ever since the last Mobius month) have stopped doing that. Last Mobius month only hit a fraction of its expected numbers and it looks like FFRK is going the same direction.

The portal app is just bad, and made worse by their poo poo-rear end login system.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

There's always a massive surge at the end of the month when the push notification points come in.

Yeah this. I'm not worried about the mythril.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Well I have Alphinaud's BSB, OK's BSB, Leylines, and Yuna's BSB, so this looks like a good starting point for me. I have Yshtola to slot in as my second healer, I guess.

Are any of those characters fully dived? My Yshtola is, so having doublecast healing might be enough to drop a second healer, but then again Yuna's BSB also has the magic boost on it.

None of them are dived for me. I will say that part of the reason I have 3 characters packing heal spells is because golem seems to out out way more damage than the other magicite bosses to me. It might have to do with how often he stuns my healers though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

None of them are dived for me. I will say that part of the reason I have 3 characters packing heal spells is because golem seems to out out way more damage than the other magicite bosses to me. It might have to do with how often he stuns my healers though.

It absolutely has a lot to do with the stun procs. Bring Affliction Break for Golem if you can, it really helps.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Got Rafa's bracers for 100 gems! I don't have any other relics for her, but hey Lightning Resist and FFT synergy :shobon:

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Am I the only one having trouble with the Rubicante jump start? Even with fire resist accessories he absolutely curb stomps me before I can even get mitigation going. He seems dramatically tougher than the previous jump starts, unless I'm just an idiot missing something obvious. (Which is often the case.)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stopgap posted:

Am I the only one having trouble with the Rubicante jump start? Even with fire resist accessories he absolutely curb stomps me before I can even get mitigation going. He seems dramatically tougher than the previous jump starts, unless I'm just an idiot missing something obvious. (Which is often the case.)

Rubicante's a bit tougher because of his Ultimate Inferno. Feel free to give your healer or mitgation setter the Gathering Storm RM to get mitigation up faster. And of course, don't forget to recast your buffs if you're not blinking through his dispels.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
After spending all my motes I had around to fully dive Ramza, I decided on one last pull on the Edge USB banner, despite having everything but the LMRs and Edge USB.

3/11. Rubi SSB. Edge BSB #4. Edge USB.

bad decisions sometimes pay off. except the game KNEW I couldn't even start Edge's legend dive now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I have negative interest in Tactics stuff so I'm funneling this event's mythril into more IV pulls.

Got myself a Cecil BSB2. :toot:

I'm actually really happy with this because it's a nice tanky BSB for a nice tanky character and I'm happy to have something relevant for him again since my only other relic for him is his decades old SSB.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Woo, got the 140 difficulty FFIV dungeon down, now I can level break someone to 99. Not too bad for my second week of playing!

The question is, who do I level to 99 first?

I have Faris with her USB and BSB, and Edge with his USB, BSB, and Legend Materia who seem the best candidates. Also have BSBs for Quistis, Cecil, Bartz, Dorgann, and a USB for Rosa.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Mischalaniouse posted:

I have Faris with her USB and BSB, and Edge with his USB, BSB, and Legend Materia who seem the best candidates. Also have BSBs for Quistis, Cecil, Bartz, Dorgann, and a USB for Rosa.

Jesus christ, you are way better off than I was at two weeks. You have top tier DPS and Healing.

I'd say Edge 100% though. Best Defense in this game seems to be a great offense.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mischalaniouse posted:

Woo, got the 140 difficulty FFIV dungeon down, now I can level break someone to 99. Not too bad for my second week of playing!

Edge is disgusting with that setup, and both his legend dive and lvl 99 record materia are very, very good (hitting 99 gives you a 40% more ninja damage RM).

Buuut Rosa's USB is also nuts, and having a leveled up healer is important. Her record materia isn't anything special iirc, so you're probably fine keeping her at 80 for a bit since you're not pushing endgame content yet anyway.

The other option would be using a soul to unlock Luneth and leveling him up to 99 for his record materia that gives a 50% chance of receiving double experience, which is very nice for powerleveling other characters. I went that route with my first MC3 crystal and have never regretted it, it makes it easy to drag someone up to speed if I pull an amazing relic for some random character.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The other option would be using a soul to unlock Luneth and leveling him up to 99 for his record materia that gives a 50% chance of receiving double experience, which is very nice for powerleveling other characters. I went that route with my first MC3 crystal and have never regretted it, it makes it easy to drag someone up to speed if I pull an amazing relic for some random character.

I did this with my 5th crystal and likewise didn't regret it at all. I figured getting my support and dps to 99 was more important off the bat, but Luneth's 99 RM is nuts.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Edge does disgusting levels of damage with his USB even if they're water resistant

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Wow, can't believe I actually got that 200 Torment CM down:

Shout RW
Ceodore: Armor Breakdown/Magic Breakdown; BSB - It does pretty piss poor damage but the healing was a big help considering I didn't have an actual cure spell along
Kain: Lifesiphon/Lightning Dive, Raging Dive SSB + OSB - Having a Lightning boosting armor probably made all the difference. Shame I never got to catch Golbez with the OSB while he was weak to lightning
Rosa: Wrath/Shellga, USB - Healqueen is queen of heals, kept my dorks alive long enough to squeak by
Yang: Lifesiphon/Kick, Blink SB - Hoo boy, look at that 3* aoe for trash clearing. His damage was unremarkable but PBlink scales to everything
Cecil: Saint's Cross/Protectga, loving Radiant Wings - Radiant loving Wings. The lengths I must go to kill that dragon in time

So yeah, anyone wondering "Can I do a CM?" Yes, you can do a CM. Look at that pile I managed to clear it with. Never give up, never surrender.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
u have a native BSB, OSB, and USB. its not nothing

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I have literally no IV relics except for Edge's SSB, which is part of the reason I wanted to throw a pull at the first IV banner, but apparently there's only been one more IV event in the JP version since this one, so it's not like synergy for CMs is in very high demand. Plus I'd have to get a god pull to have a CM-ready team anyway, would basically require pulling a medica. Half the banner is poo poo and the legend materia would be completely useless, but on the other hand, man those USBs and BSBs are still tempting as hell.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ZiegeDame posted:

Wow, can't believe I actually got that 200 Torment CM down:

Shout RW
Ceodore: Armor Breakdown/Magic Breakdown; BSB - It does pretty piss poor damage but the healing was a big help considering I didn't have an actual cure spell along
Kain: Lifesiphon/Lightning Dive, Raging Dive SSB + OSB - Having a Lightning boosting armor probably made all the difference. Shame I never got to catch Golbez with the OSB while he was weak to lightning
Rosa: Wrath/Shellga, USB - Healqueen is queen of heals, kept my dorks alive long enough to squeak by
Yang: Lifesiphon/Kick, Blink SB - Hoo boy, look at that 3* aoe for trash clearing. His damage was unremarkable but PBlink scales to everything
Cecil: Saint's Cross/Protectga, loving Radiant Wings - Radiant loving Wings. The lengths I must go to kill that dragon in time

So yeah, anyone wondering "Can I do a CM?" Yes, you can do a CM. Look at that pile I managed to clear it with. Never give up, never surrender.

You have SBs for everyone, an OSB, and one of the best healer SBs in the whole game.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say that yes, edge USB is good, but a two week old account is going to have a hard time honing up the abilities that he wants to use. As long as you're getting your critical soul break RMs in a timely manner (dr mogs, mako might, ace striker, battleforged) it shouldn't matter much who you break first.

A healer is a good idea, just to have the extra max hp buffer. Rosa is good enough to be on just about all your teams, she's pretty future proof, and all she really wants are lower level, inexpensive abilities.

Luneth's xp rm is good, but you can also get a discount version from lvl 50 cid vii. Probably worth picking up.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Rosa USB is just very good until you can craft and hone wrath (a potential concern for newer players). With honed up wrath, though, it becomes absolutely amazing. Against a magic heavy boss, it effectively lets the team tank three turns (magic blink, hp stock, regular hit point bar), followed by instant giant heal, followed by three more tank turns. It's a ridiculous boon in the end game content like magicite dungeons.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
At the moment I just have one Wrath honed once. I'm pretty far behind on Abilities since grinding orbs is the worst.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

At the moment I just have one Wrath honed once. I'm pretty far behind on Abilities since grinding orbs is the worst.

Luckily orb fest is coming up and you'll be swimming in orbs, well at least comparatively!

Also, echoing that Rosa USB is amazing, I just got it recently and she has been on all of my teams for difficult content and incredibly clutch. Getting wrath up to R3 or R4 should be easy during orb fest!

Her, Faris, and Edge could probably carry you through most content once you get them leveled, assuming you RW Shout or similar.

I also just noticed you have Dorgann, who carries an Atk/Def buff to help! Which Bartz BSB did you get, if Earth those two will pair quite well together!

Oryp fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 15, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'll say this about Rosa USB: It seemed good but not amazing when I first got it. Then I started ditching Curaja and relying solely on her wrath-spamming for heals, then I saw how ridiculous it was. But at the end of the day, healing is only part of the equation, you still have to kill the boss fast enough or she will run completely out of gas. If only her legend dive weren't so unremarkable.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I've been pondering to draw on FF4, but with the 30th anniversary so close around the corner, I am hesitant! Do we even know what's gonna be on the feste banners, anyway?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Cosmic Afro posted:

I've been pondering to draw on FF4, but with the 30th anniversary so close around the corner, I am hesitant! Do we even know what's gonna be on the feste banners, anyway?

Not yet though it's fairly guaranteed they'll be 6* and BSB only.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I can't afford to be greedy and essentially have one pull left. After making GBS threads on me last week, I got Edge's USB and BSB the first pull and his BSB with Rosa' s USB and LMR the next. I'm overjoyed, but i guess i wanted to win a bit more?

I guess what I'm asking is, does Edge's LMR come back, and if not is it that much of a loss? (Double cast and Blink look so broken together)

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
...well, dear lord, I don't think Rubicante enjoyed that.

Edge: 99, BSB, Cloud USB RW, Edge USB, 5* Ninja Skills. (+40% Ninja damage RM, +40% Water on eq)
Ramza, 99, Shout, Full Break, USB. (Fully dove, In The Fray RM to guarantee shout goes first)
Squall, 99, Cloud USB, Snowspell Strike Spam, BSB2 opener after History's Truth (Fully dove, +20% ice on eq, dualcast spellblade RM)
Strago, 99, Lore. (Dualcast BLK)
Y'sh 99, Wall, BSB. (Dualcast WHT)

He never even closed his cloak before just utterly drowning. Edge's ninja skills did 44k+ damage a hit.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Bell_ posted:

I can't afford to be greedy and essentially have one pull left. After making GBS threads on me last week, I got Edge's USB and BSB the first pull and his BSB with Rosa' s USB and LMR the next. I'm overjoyed, but i guess i wanted to win a bit more?

I guess what I'm asking is, does Edge's LMR come back, and if not is it that much of a loss? (Double cast and Blink look so broken together)

You don't need Edge's LMR. It's convenient but very much a luxury. Shadow doesn't have the same bonus blink generation and he still does outstandingly well with the blink skills.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Screw it. I want to pull and FF4 banner 1 is awesome and I have very few dupes. Let's go.

:c00l:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Looks like, to celebrate Global getting Bard Motesthe second FFRK OST release, JP has an event with even more bard motes. :confuoot: Japan has more than enough bard motes to get every single Bard 5* up to rank 2 in the Allegro sphere. Meanwhile, we're scrambling to try to figure out which characters would be best for the one we can safely create.

On the plus, this may not actually be a collab, given it's advertising the game's own soundtrack, meaning we MIGHT get it. Even if it is, the only thing global would really lose out on is 30 more bard motes and the ability to play a few songs in the game's built-in sound test mode; nothing at all like the cavalcade of content they add to the BRA*BRA events.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I know confirmation bias yadda yadda but it's getting seriously hard to not pull on the edge banner

maybe I should do a pull or two on Shadow? That seems like a stronger banner overall...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if i hadn't gotten edge USB off my dollar pull it would have definitely eaten some of my mythril. but it is a lovely banner aside from the two USBs and edge SSB

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

ceaselessfuture posted:

I know confirmation bias yadda yadda but it's getting seriously hard to not pull on the edge banner

maybe I should do a pull or two on Shadow? That seems like a stronger banner overall...

I like the shadow banner too for normal content, but now that the top content is magicite dungeons it doesn't seem quite as good with Shadow's stuff being dark element and Setzer's stuff all being breaks.

Hopefully somebody else can explain if I'm wrong.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yeah i am kind of side glancing at relics that don't have a good elemental component to them if they dont do anything amazing

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm starting to really hate realm synergy elemental boosts/resistances considering that they'll never any effect in magicite battles.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I'm still extremely unreliably clearing Jump Starts and unable to do the last dungeon of events/Torment dungeons. Should I just stick to my plan of busting all my mythril during the 30th?

Not gonna lie, it's getting really annoying watching all these motes and crystals disappear because I can't give fights that extra ~10%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'm still extremely unreliably clearing Jump Starts and unable to do the last dungeon of events/Torment dungeons. Should I just stick to my plan of busting all my mythril during the 30th?

Not gonna lie, it's getting really annoying watching all these motes and crystals disappear because I can't give fights that extra ~10%

Last fight of every event doesn't really matter. Crystals will be farmable soon and they don't give anything else of value.

Consider them an optional challenge with a nice but not vital reward.

Jump Start is a bigger deal. Depending on the event maybe goons can offer some advice? What is giving you trouble?

• Locked thread